It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dyscode: Are you sure about that?
Grargar: No, actually. :P
Thanks for the correction. The post should be properly edited now.
I'd rather wished you were right ;)

SALES:
66% off Thief or Thief: Master Thief Edition on GMG with this voucher
AXSUJA-V21BLQ-VEUX3W

and 50% of Murdered: Soul Suspect with this code:
FEQ8QC-1L190L-WQA5MF

on check out
TekZero: Remember Me is on sale on Steam. I love everything Cyberpunk and that has lead me to make a few bad purchases before. Is this game worth it?
I'm a few hours in. My impressions so far:
-the scenery is awesome. Breathtaking in a (mostly) rundown futuristic sort of way. A+ for atmosphere.
-voices are good, at least the French ones (there's also English)
-combat is okay. The combo system is a touch awkward and occasionally the lockon doestn't lock onto the enemy you wanted to hit, but it's fun once you start to get the hang of it.
-standard amnesiac protagonist. A friend of mine says she ends up being really cool and likable but so far it's hard to tell
-platforming/freerunning is very Assassin's Creed, but without the ability to leave the one track you're on (this is not at all an open world). Difficult platforming segments are rare.
-remixing memories could have been super cool but it's just okay
-the second boss is very annoying, both in an irritating catchphrase way and in a massive health bar/annoying attacks way. But if you're better at this sort of game than I am your mileage may vary.
-first boss was a lot more fun.
-the game has a lot of checkpoints, so death is not too punishing.

tl;dr: If you're into cyberpunk you might really love this game, but it doesn't have the best gameplay.

The current price is pretty good, close to the best I've seen.
Nate2012: I'm a few hours in. My impressions so far:
-the scenery is awesome. Breathtaking in a (mostly) rundown futuristic sort of way. A+ for atmosphere.
-combat is okay. The combo system is a touch awkward and occasionally the lockon doestn't lock onto the enemy you wanted to hit, but it's fun once you start to get the hang of it.
-standard amnesiac protagonist. A friend of mine says she ends up being really cool and likable but so far it's hard to tell
-platforming/freerunning is very Assassin's Creed, but without the ability to leave the one track you're on (this is not at all an open world). Difficult platforming segments are rare.
-the second boss is very annoying, both in an irritating catchphrase way and in a massive health bar/annoying attacks way. But if you're better at this sort of game than I am your mileage may vary.

tl;dr: If you're into cyberpunk you might really love this game, but it doesn't have the best gameplay.

I know you were replying to someone else, but thanks for the info. This game is on my wishlist, and your description has definitely solidified my desire to grab it, but not until it's a bit lower in price. The backlog is still too big to jump on anything that isn't super cheap right now. But from the sounds of it, this should be a purchase I'll enjoy.
Steam Tomb Raider Collection onsale for $17.49

I just bought it because i always wanted the entire series. Good deal.
TekZero: Remember Me is on sale on Steam. I love everything Cyberpunk and that has lead me to make a few bad purchases before. Is this game worth it?
+1, I have nothing essential to add. It COULD have been better at specific occasions but it's lots of fun already as it is. And I think the Combo Lab Pack DLC is really worth it at ~$2.
Post edited July 15, 2014 by dyscode
Nate2012: (re: Remember Me)
Awesome info, thank you very much! The game stays on my wishlist, and is a to-be-purchased-someday game :D

That pretty much sold me on it. Think I'll pick it up tomorrow. Thanks!
Post edited July 15, 2014 by TekZero
Grargar: ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 47

-Crazy Machines 2 -75%/$5.00 (DRM-Free+Steam Key)
-Europa Universalis II -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free)
-Gray Matter -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free)
-Millennium 3 - Cry Wolf -65%/$3.50 (DRM-Free)
-Mystery of the Crystal Portal -66%/$1.70 (DRM-Free)
-Pro Riders Snowboard -75%/$3.75 (DRM-Free)
Dang, I may have to pick up EU2 for that price...thanks.
Ragnarblackmane: Dang, I may have to pick up EU2 for that price...thanks.
Is there any reason to get this if I have EU3 and all the expansions (which I've actually not played yet)?
Coelocanth: Is there any reason to get this if I have EU3 and all the expansions (which I've actually not played yet)?
Heh I am wondering the same thing. I admit, part of it is just wanting to be a completionist.
Groupees (Sometimes) Tuesday 4 - The Paradox Effect Bundle: Starts Soon.

Dead Effect
The Samaritan Paradox
Legends of Persia
Strategic War in Europe
A.I.M.2 Clan Wars

I'm a little sad (though not really surprised) to see that The Samaritan Paradox is already hitting the bundles. Hopefully Groupees will at least offer a GOG key for it.
Ragnarblackmane: Dang, I may have to pick up EU2 for that price...thanks.
Coelocanth: Is there any reason to get [EU2] if I have EU3 and all the expansions (which I've actually not played yet)?
They did some significant changes to 3, not all to the liking of the old fans. Aside from the obvious 2D-3D switch, they reworked the event system to be more sandboxy. In EU2, major nations are strongly guided by pre-defined events, thus allowing the game to be more deterministic. In its base form, this isn't too well developed, resulting in weakened states getting improbable benefits. However, given a proper mod like AGCEEP, with tens of thousands of events, you can get extremely detailed chains of plausible historical or alt-historical events. Other things they changed was automatic army reinforcement, advisers, other stuff I can't quite recall. Oh, also worse music :P

In many ways, EU2 is simpler and more streamlined than EU3, though that makes it, in no way, easy or lesser.

All that said, if you have any interest in playing EU2, you're better off getting For the Glory. This is, essentially, the fan-polished version, though it sadly does not have the original's licensed music. That would be the only reason to get EU2 now.
Post edited July 16, 2014 by Spinorial

Thanks for this. I'm tempted now! Curse you! *shakes walking stick*
Spinorial: They did some significant changes to 3, not all to the liking of the old fans. Aside from the obvious 2D-3D switch, they reworked the event system to be more sandboxy. In EU2, major nations are strongly guided by pre-defined events, thus allowing the game to be more deterministic. In its base form, this isn't too well developed, resulting in weakened states getting improbable benefits. However, given a proper mod like AGCEEP, with tens of thousands of events, you can get extremely detailed chains of plausible historical or alt-historical events. Other things they changed was automatic army reinforcement, advisers, other stuff I can't quite recall. Oh, also worse music :P

In many ways, EU2 is simpler and more streamlined than EU3, though that makes it, in no way, easy or lesser.

All that said, if you have any interest in playing EU2, you're better off getting For the Glory. This is, essentially, the fan-polished version, though it sadly does not have the original's licensed music. That would be the only reason to get EU2 now.
Oh my...listening to that soundtrack now, gorgeous, somehow never heard it before. I am not sure if you know the fantastic webradio station ancient.fm but I use it a lot when playing empire-builders/grand strategy games set in the appropriate era. While I still love Andreas Waldentoft's work I can understand your feelings.

Too late now to get the game in any case, and I've considered buying For the Glory on Steam before. Thanks for the information, all the same.
ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 48

-Undead Legions -70%/$0.60 (DRM-Free, Desura)
-Earth 2150 Trilogy -75%/$1.25 (DRM-Free)
-GT Legends -75%/$1.74 (Steam)
-Nightclub Imperium -80%/$2.00 (DRM-Free)
-Crazy Machines 1.5 -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free, Steam)
-Laxius Force III -75%/$7.5 (DRM-Free)

(Oops, clashed with Ragnarblackmane)
Post edited July 16, 2014 by madth3