It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nijuu: Opinions whether Last Remnant or Divine Divinity 2 (DRM free surprisingly is an option) worth it?.
I guess you mean DIvinity 2 (no Divine anymore :) aka Dragon Knight Saga as the expanded edition was later renamed.

It's a polished action (and I mean action, like jumping, evading, kiting etc.) RPG with a huuge world, cookie-cutter story but interesting twists on the genre, quests with multiple outcomes, interesting mind-reading mechanics etc.

If you like action RPGs you absolutely shouldn't miss this one.
Also since it's huge, it really only starts some 10+ hours in when you gain the important ability to *spoiler* (well you know what anyway since it's telegraphed even by the title).

As for Last Remnant I don't know. I only know that despite wanting to try it I'll wait until it's even cheaper.

Edit:
I apologize to all GOGers for participating in today's derailing of this thread
I also apologize to Psyringe for making my posts more personal than I should have.

The topic is over for me. Let's concentrate on hunting deals and buying useless games for our already unsurmountable gaming backlog.
Just bought both Bioshocks, oh great, I haven't even started Batman from the last week, nor finished The Darkness 2 from the week before, nor Lone Survivor, To The Moon or The Next Big Thing from the month before. Let alone that Fallout NV Complete Edition...

So let's go buy some more games! :-D
Post edited May 17, 2012 by Revisor
nijuu: Opinions whether Last Remnant or Divine Divinity 2 (DRM free surprisingly is an option) worth it?.

Fwiw Tony does a good service in the CAG forums..... but im not quite sure another company being allowed to advertise their products for sale on a 'competitor's' forum is the right thing to do :/
Last Remnant is a long JRPG and can be frustrating and hard. Recommended only for those who like JRPGs. Divinity 2's gameplay feels like Oblivion. You choose.
Revisor: Edit:
I apologize to all GOGers for participating in today's derailing of this thread
I also apologize to Psyringe for making my posts more personal than I should have.

The topic is over for me. Let's concentrate on hunting deals and buying useless games for our already unsurmountable gaming backlog.
Apology accepted, no hard feelings. I also apologize (to you and to the readers of this thread) for being more argumentative than I needed to be. In retrospect, I think I had an opportunity to prevent the escalation if I simply had let post #26632 stand, but my reply kind of squandered that opportunity.

Peace. :)
gyokzoli: Divinity 2's gameplay feels like Oblivion.
That comparison didn't ever occur me. There is surely similarity in that both are fantasy RPGs, but I found Divinity 2 more fun, the world tighter and memorable and the action - more action-ey (nearer to a fighting game with that sommersault and some later skills).

Both games have bland stories and stupendously cliched characters, in that there is no difference.
gameon: Any idea of what GOG will be doing for the weekend sales?
GOG's 1C sale followed Gamersgate's so my guess would be Kalypso.
WoW: Cataclysm is 10 pounds at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Warcraft-Cataclysm-Expansion-Pack/dp/B002MPPSGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337288827&sr=8-1
three indie bundles spotted!

Bundle in a box, May 23

Indie Face Kick 2, May 25

Be Mine 3, gonna be announced next week, probably.

Steam's Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Complete Pack for $7.49 is a superb deal.
And the daily deal, Take On Helicopters, is one of the few (if not the only) decent and recent helicopter simulator out there, it's a bit pricey for $24.99, but IIRC this is the first time it has been discounted, so get it. ;)
Post edited May 18, 2012 by taczillabr
taczillabr: Be Mine 3, next week
Where did they say that? All I've seen is that they will make an announcement tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm buying GRAW 1 and 2. Is it worth it to take GR1 and expansions for $2.50 more? I've only read Gamespot's review until now, and it made the game look boring.
taczillabr: three indie bundles spotted!

Bundle in a box, May 23
Indie Face Kick, May 25
Be Mine 3, next week
Thanks for the heads up. I was following the Bundle in a box twitter for some time but got a bit annoyed by having them state "soon" over and over again withoug being able to say something a bit more specific. That would also be quite soon for Be Mine to start a new one, you're sure about that?
In $2.99 Casual Games Mayhem Event:

Adventures:
Black Mirror 2 $3.98
Black Mirror 3 $4.99
Yesterday edit: $14.99
Mata Hari
The Whispered World
Alter Ego

Others:
Alien Hallway
Luxor 5th Passage
Commandos 2: Men of Courage
Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
Helldorado
Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops(Steam) - WARNING: Many people said that this game is crap. I have not played this game so I can not judge :P

"Here be dragons": Please read the system requirements and customer reviews. Some people warn about installation problems or graphics cards. Others add information to resolve some of these problems.

Edit: Yesterday, Black Mirrors -> Dynamite Deals
Post edited May 18, 2012 by alexkoti
I'd like to see these games on GOG .

GameStop / Impulse :

Flash Friday Sale : Crusader Kings II $9.99 ( only 500 available ) . Starts Friday 12.00 PM CST .
ne_zavarj: GameStop / Impulse :
Flash Friday Sale : Crusader Kings II $9.99 ( only 500 available ) . Starts Friday 12.00 PM CST .
Crusader Kings II is also said to be in the Mayhem sale at Amazon later on for max. $9.99. Anyone ever been successful in one of these Flash sales?
ne_zavarj: GameStop / Impulse :
uqblf: Crusader Kings II is also said to be in the Mayhem sale at Amazon later on for max. $9.99. Anyone ever been successful in one of these Flash sales?
Some people have, some have even posted the discount codes they obtained here. I personally loathe Gamespot so much I wouldn't buy from them if they paid me to do it having an alternative.
Amazon Digital is adding new items to their MAYhem sale - I don't know if they're today only or if they'll last longer. Titles are:

Alan Wake, $14.99 - Requires STEAM
Alan Wake Collector's Bundle, $17.49 - Requires STEAM
Alan Wake Extras DLC, $4.99 - Requires STEAM
ArcaniA: Gothic 4, $4.99
ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif, $3.74
AURA: Fate of the Ages, $1.24
AURA 2: The Sacred Rings, $1.24
NiBiRu: Age of Secrets, $2.49

There are also discounts on Need for Speed World starter packs.
Tizzysawr: Amazon Digital...
I think you'll find that's Amazon Download.

Digital =/= download.

Anyway, time to go, I was just waiting for a patch to digital. It's a good thing that my digital speed is so much faster than my upload speed!

Edit: "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - $20/£13/€10 Off - Ends Monday"

(Looks a bit more to me, but that might well be regional)
Edit again: actually... $20 off $60, yup, OK, that's right. US$40!
Post edited May 18, 2012 by PenguinJim