It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JoeSapphire: OKay I get the point of scene's question. If a president gets LLF and decides to test the chancellor, but nobody trusts the result of the test anyway then the risk was for nothing.
Lifthrasil: But testing people is the way how we get a picture of who might be who in the game. If the president risks passing on LF it might result in a conflict. Which might lead to locking both players out for starters. Which shifts the odds in our favour. Currently we are 6 vs 3 (+1), with one fascist and one liberal locked out, we would be at 5 vs 2 (+1). Followed by 4 vs 1 (+1) after the next conflict. Which leads to better odds that future governments will be composed of Liberals.

So essentially, risking a conflict is good, if you are a liberal president.
ah yes I forgot that passing an F policy isn't necessarily the end of the world, that there can be positives to the F policy being passed as well.

BUT we can expect conflicts as you'd expect LFF to come up more than LLF to.

and LLF coming up means certain chance of FFF coming up, IIRC

so with the danger zone approaching it might still be better to force the L through and leave the testing to the presidents with the wherewithal to draw LFF
Microfish_1: It is now time to vote. Send in your votes (select one of: Yes, No, or Abstain) via Private Message to Myself.
ZFR: How does Abstain work? You still need 50% + 1 of Yes, right? So Abstain is effectively a No?
That is correct. There is no abstain in the rules and since a majority of YES is necessary to accept a government, Abstain would be the same as NO.
ZFR: How does Abstain work? You still need 50% + 1 of Yes, right? So Abstain is effectively a No?
I'm not totally sure, but it is an option in the menu. if there is an even number of players, and all-but-one vote, than yes, it is a no, I'd think.

In a game with an odd number of players, it would be just "refusing to be the tie-breaker"

Or maybe it's an option equally for a game in which a player is forced to drop out and there is no sub.
looks like IDNRC

If LLF comes up once you're not guaranteed FFF

If LLL comes up you are, or two LLFs come.
Microfish_1: In a game with an odd number of players, it would be just "refusing to be the tie-breaker"
That "refusal" is still an effective No. So not a refusal.
JoeSapphire: OKay I get the point of scene's question. If a president gets LLF and decides to test the chancellor, but nobody trusts the result of the test anyway then the risk was for nothing.
That's not exactly correct. The way I see the options is this:

1. Pres passes 2 L; Chance enacts L; You can't trust Chance because he didn't pass the L by choice.
2.1. Pres passes L+F; Chance enacts L; You can't trust Chance because he may have faked it for the sake of appearances.
2.2. Pres passes L+F; Chace enacts F; You no longer trust Chance because the committed treason.

Option 1 guarantees you can't trust Chance yet. Option 2 at least has the possibility of outing an F.

And Lift already explained the same but I'm not deleting it.

Also, the passed F allows a usage of a special power, right?
low rated
supplementscene: No, my logic is that it's not role indicative
Fair point and agreed

supplementscene: And I now think Lifthrasil is fascist too
K

Btw, is the above feeling just gut feeling, or do you have more reasons to suspect them? Also do you suspect anyone else atm...if so, then who and why?
(pardon if you already answered these...I tend to skim sometimes and also forget other times what people have previously said. If you already answered such things, point to your post/posts where you did so and I will read them)
low rated
JoeSapphire: I was going to say we should try and get Lift and Scene into goverment together to see what happens,
This seems like a good idea.
(also what is a goverment? Is that like a gullivermint? :))
Cadaver747:
Any thing that happened clued you into anyone's alignment? What do you say about my pick for government? Or about the conflict of ideas between Scene and Lift?

I'd like to hear more from you. You had only a post so far, close to the beginning of the game. Lots of things have happened since.
supplementscene: You've not read the thread. I've already discussed the underlined/bolded. Please go back and read my posts in full if you want to understand my position. I was clear I'd only vote for a government I was involved in unless the alternative was to top deck and you'd have my vote if you picked me. From my perspective you can be a fascist who has picked a fascist to try and confirm them. You are likely to get your government anyway as most people just want the game to start
joppo: I did read your posts, in fact you forgot to bold and underline the part where I say the third gov would be voted Yes only for fear of topdeck. Which was what you said and proves I read it.

I'm just following the idea to its obvious conclusion. If we all play by those guidelines no government will ever pass, except when the alternative is a topdeck. We can already predict the presidencies: first will be seat 3, then 6, 9, 2, 5, 8, 1, 4, 7, 10, and the cycle starts anew. (In other words: Pooka, Joe, Lift... In fact only GR would be president after you.)

It is no different than if we reorder the seats on that sequence and swear to vote yes every time, which means no actual judgement is being made regarding our trust in the gov's alignment. And I have to question if it is wise. Doesn't look like it is to me.
Yes if everyone votes in the same way, this would be the logical conclusion. And it's not ideal. I usually play with pre-ordered meta, which eliminates fascists picking fellow fascists to play policies with. In the absense of this, only voting for governments I'm involved with was my logical way of stopping fascists from doing this. If successful it also let's me play cards, which strengthens my sides chances of winning.

If your government does pass I will probably consider you and your Chancellor pick Liberal by the way. Because all Liberals won't vote the same way as me but all fascists may vote down a government of 2 Liberals.
@joppo I wish we could edit posts, the above should read 'If your government does not pass I will probably consider you and your Chancellor pick Liberal by the way. Because all Liberals won't vote the same way as me but all fascists may vote down a government of 2 Liberals.'
JoeSapphire: Scene, is your question would we put trust in the chancellor who was given LF and passed L?

I think I would, but actually I'm not sure giving the opportunity to test when, as you say, the results of the test aren't necessarily conclusive anyway is worth the ensuring the liberal policy pass.

So Probably if I was president and had LLF I'd pass LL.

OKay I get the point of scene's question. If a president gets LLF and decides to test the chancellor, but nobody trusts the result of the test anyway then the risk was for nothing.
That wasn't my question but we'd have a degree of trust to the chancellor playing the liberal policy

My question was, we have a conflict with the following parameters:

A) The President claims he received BBR (2 Liberal Policies and 1 Fascist)
B) The Chancellor claims he received RR (2 Fascist policies)
C) On the end of the deck count we only have 4-5 Liberal policies accounted for

In this event do we consider the President to be the very likely Liberal in the conflict? We then can use him as a Chancellor in Hitler zone
joppo: I'd like to hear more from you. You had only a post so far, close to the beginning of the game. Lots of things have happened since.
Hear more from me? You must be jest, you can't want to hear more from me since I have not spoken anything (game related) unless of course we count my introductory post about lack of rules knowledge base and something unspecified resting time. I'm afraid that I can't procure anything spectacular since I haven't been around all this time (really sorry for that).

Allow me to bear (in mind) a few more (a couple more) hours and I assure you I would be most pleased to satisfy your deepest desires the best way possible.

Cheers,
Yours truly

P.S. This is the second time I visit this thread.

@Mod
How much time? I need moar time, all the time in the world!
Cadaver747: Hear more from me? You must be jest, you can't want to hear more from me since I have not spoken anything (game related) unless of course we count my introductory post about lack of rules knowledge base and something unspecified resting time.
1 > 0
joppo: I'd like to hear more from you. You had only a post so far, close to the beginning of the game. Lots of things have happened since.
Cadaver747: Hear more from me? You must be jest, you can't want to hear more from me since I have not spoken anything (game related) unless of course we count my introductory post about lack of rules knowledge base and something unspecified resting time. I'm afraid that I can't procure anything spectacular since I haven't been around all this time (really sorry for that).

Allow me to bear (in mind) a few more (a couple more) hours and I assure you I would be most pleased to satisfy your deepest desires the best way possible.

Cheers,
Yours truly

P.S. This is the second time I visit this thread.
Then you should visit the thread more. Also, how do you know what joppo's deepest desires are?

But if you haven't cast your vote yet, please do so. It's the first proposed government, so it should be voted into office so that we can start testing people. Unless you have a good reason to mistrust both Joppo and Maxleod.

Voting NO on the first proposed government can only have one of three reasons:
1. you seriously mistrust one or both of the players due to how they behaved.
2. you are a selfish player who tries to resort to blackmail and doesn't vote YES unless he is nominated himself.
3. you are a Fascist and all your buddies are towards the end of the line, so you have to prevent some governments to have a chance to get one of you into office.

So the decision what to vote should be easy.