It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tekkaman-James: <span class="bold">Renoir</span> - A side-scrolling puzzle/platformer that is dripping in film noir style and sensibility.
Oh yes, that's a must-back for me. Thanks mate!
IAmSinistar: Incidentally, looks like they've joined the "don't buy us on Desura" club, given their pricing there.
What the heck?!?

IAmSinistar: Oh yes, that's a must-back for me. Thanks mate!
My pleasure! ^_^
IAmSinistar: Incidentally, looks like they've joined the "don't buy us on Desura" club, given their pricing there.
Tekkaman-James: What the heck?!?
Yah, the creator admits as much in the comments. There was at least one other game posted in a thread here that was priced way high, in order to discourage purchases on Desura. The general feeling from devs there is that the site is sinking and any purchases will soon be meaningless. Plus none of the money seems to actually be making it back to the devs.
Just backed Uncle Art: A Temporal Shift

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/124468523/uncle-art-a-temporal-shift/comments

Anyone who loved the old classic music from the likes of Starglider, Carrier Command head on over to see that Dave is trying to re release a number of his tracks from that era. There are 9 days to go but still needs about £8,000 so if you fancy some retro computer music remastered see what you think and have a look.
Red Ash, from the makers of Mighty No. 9

"RED ASH is an action adventure game with third person shooter elements. One of the main goals behind the project is to inject more modern design elements into the classic action adventure RPG formula.

The main character, Beck, is tasked with infiltrating the interior of the Mobile Citadel KalKanon, exploring it's village, castle, and hidden dungeons. His goal is to stop KalKanon before the Peacemakers make piecemeal of the whole thing!

That being said, we also want to include a myriad of elements to set this game apart from your typical RPG--specifically, bargaining between partners, interaction with NPCs, an almost mischievous sense of freedom, and dungeons built with elements of horror.

Of course, a key part of the game will be delving into dungeons to earn money in order to have Call develop parts and upgrade Beck's abilities (in true action RPG fashion). "

Yup, the main characters are again named Beck and Call. ;-)

Video Game:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-the-indelible-legend

Anime:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-magicicada-by-studio4c
Post edited July 05, 2015 by SCPM
They could at least wait until Might No. 9 is close to release. I don't back Kickstarters anymore, but if Might No. 9 turns out fine (backed it when I did pledge to projects) I'll keep my eye on it.
5 days left for The Bard's Tale IV campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv

The next stretch goal seems achievable. It would be good to get Chris Avellone on board too. But that would require quite more backers.
Post edited July 05, 2015 by shmerl
RayRay13000: They could at least wait until Might No. 9 is close to release. I don't back Kickstarters anymore, but if Might No. 9 turns out fine (backed it when I did pledge to projects) I'll keep my eye on it.
It's a usual kickstarter company tactic to avoid laying off staff, so they'd have both their "early stage" and "late stage" development teams working at the same time. It may seem sneaky at first, but it's a necessary part of games development, that isn't really shown outside of kickstarters.
Post edited July 07, 2015 by McDon
Tekkaman-James: <span class="bold">Renoir</span> - A side-scrolling puzzle/platformer that is dripping in film noir style and sensibility.
So, I'm just going to remind everyone that they should back this game for no reason whatsoever. But, seriously, show them some love.
Hello. I've really appreciated it how people here would post about our past Kickstarters, so I hope you don't mind if I add our current one:

Fabled Lands: The Serpent King's Domain

This is a gamebook ("Choose Your Own Adventure"-style) based on a classic series from the 1990's. It's an interactive experience like you'd expect from an open-world videogame, but that can't collapse on you if the power goes out . . . because it's a printed book. We're hoping to fund art by big-name artists, including a cover by Kevin Jenkins, currently known as concept artist on Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor 2, World War Z . . .

There is a free demo download so people can play before backing.
Final call for Bard's Tale 4. 3 hours remaining
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv
Post edited July 11, 2015 by tomimt
tomimt: [snip]
It's a shame they weren't able to get much more support. Considering how much Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera brought in, you would think this would have performed better. Could E3 and San Diego Comic Con, combined with Shenmue 3, really have affected them that significantly?
Tekkaman-James: It's a shame they weren't able to get much more support. Considering how much Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera brought in, you would think this would have performed better. Could E3 and San Diego Comic Con, combined with Shenmue 3, really have affected them that significantly?
There's more to it than that. Blobbers are a pretty much a niche genre even within RPG gamers. As far I've seen the response has been even on hardcore RPG site a bit lukewarm.

Also what needs to be accounted is, that while the comedy BT game was released in 2004, the last real Bard's Tale was released in the late 80's. Now Wasteland wasn't that much newer game, but it could lean a lot agains Fallout games and Fallout fans did pledge on that on abundance. Torment on the other hand gained a lot from Planescape hangin often in the top places of lists about "best games ever"

Bard's Tale doesn't have that kind of luxury. While the blobber genre hasn't completely died, the well known enteries to the series can be counted with one hand. I can't recall others than Grimrock games and Might and Magix X. In the end it was most likley inXile name that even got Bard's Tale 4 funded, as if any other company would have made the same campaign and asked the same amount of money they wouldn't be even at 500k at this moment.
Tekkaman-James: It's a shame they weren't able to get much more support. Considering how much Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera brought in, you would think this would have performed better. Could E3 and San Diego Comic Con, combined with Shenmue 3, really have affected them that significantly?
A lot of factors can affect it, but the main one is global. I.e. the novelty of crowdfunding wore off, and now funding is more realistic, i.e. not as hyped as before, and more hard core supporters usually back the project. It's not just about Bard's Tale IV, many projects noticed this as well.

See also this interview where Brian Fargo is talking about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiHVaumwafE
Post edited July 11, 2015 by shmerl
One Dreamer on Kickstarter is looking pretty promising, I must say. Don't know if it will get funded, but it's definitely interesting.