It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One Final Breath cancelled the original campaign, made some changes, and re-launched:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darkday/final-breath-pc-ps4-and-xbox

I've backed them again.
thejimz: One Dreamer on Kickstarter is looking pretty promising, I must say. Don't know if it will get funded, but it's definitely interesting.
Nice find, and DRM-free. Thanks!
Star Trek: Axanar has launched its third crowdsourcing campaign. You can find it here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/star-trek-axanar#/story

Axanar is an unofficial Star Trek movie that is centered around the Battle of Axanar, an important event in Federation history when Starfleet fought a bloody war against the Klingons, twenty years before the Original Series. "Axanar" aims to be a full-length feature film (at least 90 mins) with studio-quality production values. Among the actors that signed up for it are: Tony Todd, J.G. Hertzler, Gary Graham, Richard Hatch and Kate Vernon.

As a proof of concept and introduction to the Axanar scenario, the team already finished a short film called "Prelude to Axanar". You can find it on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W1_8IV8uhA

Axanar is already in production. The first finished scene is on YT, as well, to promote the Indiegogo-campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K723TV7GZFQ

The previous Kickstarter campaigns covered the cost for "Prelude" and the pre-production expenses for the main feature (hiring facilities, building sets, establishing a studio structure, etc.). This Indiegogo campaign will help cover the cost for actual filming. The basic goal of $250,000 is already close to being achieved, but the more money this campaign generates, the better.

Overall, the team is looking at about $ 1,3 mio. to cover the entire production. Best case scenario, they get it during this campaign. If they don't, they are ready to film "Axanar" in up to four instalments, but that is more of a back-up plan and would require more crowdfunding campaigns in the future. Not to mention any production delays.

Bottom line: Please take a look at "Prelude" and the preview scene I posted above. If you want a Star Trek film in that style and are willing and able to support the project, please consider doing so. :)
Board game: the kickstarter for High Frontier 3rd Edition is live. HF is a detailed, hard-science simulation of exploring, industrializing and colonizing the inner solar system. Each player is a space agency designing rockets (or solar sails, or mag-sails, or what have you) and planning complex missions to land on various planets, moons or asteroids for scientific or industrial purposes, or to set up colonies, or just for the glory of being the first agency to land a crew on Mars and bring them home safely.

The KS page doesn't give a terribly useful description of the game, so to learn more, I recommend checking out the BoardGameGeek page.

I own and have played the 2nd edition, and would highly recommend it to anyone who thinks that the idea of planning out your own Mars landing (and designing the rocket to get you there) sounds friggin' awesome. I would not recommend the game to anyone who thinks that sounds like tedious work, or who is just looking for a casual, streamlined space-themed game to pull out at games night. HF leans very heavily on the simulation side of things, and you probably already know whether that's a plus or a minus for you.
After almost a week of uninteresting video game KS campaigns, I have finally spied two really nice ones:

<span class="bold">Pixel Ripped 1989</span> - A Virtual Reality game for Oculus Rift and Samsung's Gear VR that transports you back to the age of 80's gaming.

Admittedly, this might not be for everyone. However, if you happen to be a VR enthusiast, you should definitely check this game out. The game is being developed by two women (girl game devs FTW!) as a love letter to the pixel-drenched glory of the video game world of the 1980's. The game-within-a-game concept might not be new territory for VR, but it's utilized so brilliantly here.

<span class="bold">Devastated Dreams</span> - The creator of Neverending Nightmares gives us a new horror game dealing with the fears of parenthood.

If you enjoyed this creator's first game, you can expect more of the same twisted horror exploration that made that game so gripping. There is a playable demo available on the campaign page if you need more convincing. Also, the Early Bird tiers on this campaign are time-sensitive! One is only available until tomorrow morning and the other is only good until the 21st. Make haste for the best deals!
Post edited July 15, 2015 by Tekkaman-James
Tekkaman-James: <span class="bold">Pixel Ripped 1989</span> - A Virtual Reality game for Oculus Rift and Samsung's Gear VR that transports you back to the age of 80's gaming.
That's one of the best KS project videos yet. Really captures the feel of 80s game commercials!
IAmSinistar: That's one of the best KS project videos yet. Really captures the feel of 80s game commercials!
I thought so as well. It seems like they are really having a lot of fun with this project.
I just hope that the game being made for a niche platform doesn't hinder them from hitting their funding goal. It looks incredible.
Well, July turned out to be a wonderful month for indie-developed video game Kickstarter campaigns. Therefore, I have published a bonus edition of my Geeks with Wives article series. You can check it out here:

Have you seen this Kickstarter? - July 2015 Pt.2

Let me know what you think! And, of course, show these projects some love if you haven't already done so! Thanks!
<span class="bold">The Last Time</span>
Nonlinear storytelling inspired by Telltale and Quantic Dream, rendered in the style of a classic point-and-click game

<i>Playable demo here</i>
XO: a retro sci-fi strategy game for PC/Mac/Linux

Neat vector-styled space combat game. DRM-free and on all three major platforms.
Hey guys!

We are launching a Kickstarter campaign for our project, Satellite Rush today! Here's the link:
bit.ly/kssatrush

Satellite Rush is a sci-fi top down shooter with pixel art graphics and Roguelike elements.

The game will be available for Windows, MAC and Linux and it's due to release DRM-free on Steam and GOG early next year! There's an available demo build for download in the project page.
www.kimericlabs.com/SatelliteRush/Demo

You can also find a press release and more about us in the website:
www.kimericlabs.com/SatelliteRush/

:D
Post edited July 20, 2015 by bellium
bellium: We are launching a Kickstarter campaign for our project, Satellite Rush today! Here's the link:
bit.ly/kssatrush
Big Money, Big Prizes - I'll Back It! :)
bellium: ...We are launching a Kickstarter campaign for our project, Satellite Rush today! Here's the link:
bit.ly/kssatrush

...The game will be available for Windows, MAC and Linux and it's due to release DRM-free on Steam and GOG early next year!...
Is it definitely confirmed that Satellite Rush will launch on GOG or hopeful speculation? Either way I backed it as long as there's a DRM free option.
bellium: ...We are launching a Kickstarter campaign for our project, Satellite Rush today! Here's the link:
bit.ly/kssatrush

...The game will be available for Windows, MAC and Linux and it's due to release DRM-free on Steam and GOG early next year!...
undeadcow: Is it definitely confirmed that Satellite Rush will launch on GOG or hopeful speculation? Either way I backed it as long as there's a DRM free option.
Thank you for putting your trust in our game :)

We have been approved on Steam Greenlight and we are talking with GOG for the release early next year. The game will be DRM free in both platforms and we are also studying the possibility to send all backers special download links so that they will have an extra way to get the game.

If you guys have any questions fell free to ask in here or to PM me!
bellium: Hey guys!

We are launching a Kickstarter campaign for our project, Satellite Rush today! Here's the link:
bit.ly/kssatrush

Satellite Rush is a sci-fi top down shooter with pixel art graphics and Roguelike elements.

The game will be available for Windows, MAC and Linux and it's due to release DRM-free on Steam and GOG early next year! There's an available demo build for download in the project page.
www.kimericlabs.com/SatelliteRush/Demo

You can also find a press release and more about us in the website:
www.kimericlabs.com/SatelliteRush/

:D
demo is really fun! backed! :D