It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just noticed that Perception has reached it's goal, about 50 hours before the end. It's a horror game where you play as a blind woman using echo location to navigate the world. From devs of Bioshock and Dead Space.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/perceptiongame/perception-3
Post edited June 23, 2015 by Venser
Tekkaman-James: Snip
I backed One Final Breath.

I'd like to back We Happy Few, but no Linux means no back from me.
Post edited June 23, 2015 by hummer010
IAmSinistar: [snippity-yay!]
I just heard back from their marketing manager and they mirrored your response almost verbatim. I totally appreciate your reasoning behind avoiding campaigns that offer DRM-Free as an afterthought, especially when there is a chance they might never get around to it. I was starting to worry that Catlateral Damage was heading that way, but they just uploaded the DRM-Free version today, so phew!

As for We Happy Few, I did debate on featuring them in the next article, but I didn't want too many of my July campaigns to be ending in the first few days of the month. Between Shape of the World and Regalia, I had to pass it up to look for more recently started campaigns. One Final Breath just started yesterday, so I was very pleased to be able to add that one in its place.

Glad to hear they have realized the follies of their DRM-riddled past and are trying to make amends. Crowd-sourced games really should be DRM-Free. Sure, offer Steam and console support, too, but at least offer a DRM-Free version to your backers, if not also to the general public. Limit your non-existent customer base during a time when you so desperately need as big of one as possible just seems reckless.

hummer010: I backed One Final Breath.
Awesome! I'm glad you liked what you saw. ^_^
Post edited June 23, 2015 by Tekkaman-James
Tekkaman-James: I was starting to worry that Catlateral Damage was heading that way, but they just uploaded the DRM-Free version today, so phew!
Dang, I'm wishing now I had backed that one. Will have to pick it up when it hits the vendors, hopefully still in DRM-free format!

And I understand your reasoning for picking the games you do. I just really want We Happy Few to make. :)
Tekkaman-James: I was starting to worry that Catlateral Damage was heading that way, but they just uploaded the DRM-Free version today, so phew!
IAmSinistar: Dang, I'm wishing now I had backed that one. Will have to pick it up when it hits the vendors, hopefully still in DRM-free format!

And I understand your reasoning for picking the games you do. I just really want We Happy Few to make. :)
Same here; i really want it to make its goal.
IAmSinistar: Will have to pick it up when it hits the vendors, hopefully still in DRM-free format!
You already can! You can grab it via Humble Store or directly through the game's website.
Tekkaman-James: You already can! You can grab it via Humble Store or directly through the game's website.
Awesome! Claws out and credit card at the ready! :D
Song of Horror! this game takes a lot of elements from the classic alone in the dark, and builds upon them on the modern unreal engine. I was actually very excited when I saw it, check it out on kickstarter.
Kiaria: Song of Horror! this game takes a lot of elements from the classic alone in the dark, and builds upon them on the modern unreal engine. I was actually very excited when I saw it, check it out on kickstarter.
Yes, I'm backing that one too (link). Unfortunately it seems to be struggling far below goal. Some games blow past their goal, others seem to come right up to it, and the last group never gets close. I'd like this one to make, but suspect it will end up in that final category.
Kiaria: Song of Horror! this game takes a lot of elements from the classic alone in the dark, and builds upon them on the modern unreal engine. I was actually very excited when I saw it, check it out on kickstarter.
IAmSinistar: Yes, I'm backing that one too (link). Unfortunately it seems to be struggling far below goal. Some games blow past their goal, others seem to come right up to it, and the last group never gets close. I'd like this one to make, but suspect it will end up in that final category.
Yeah it is a real shame, there was so many good projects on at the same time and they had difficulty getting out the word with E3, however I think they are trying to build up backers for a second attempt if this ends without success.
Kiaria: Yeah it is a real shame, there was so many good projects on at the same time and they had difficulty getting out the word with E3, however I think they are trying to build up backers for a second attempt if this ends without success.
I too hope they give it a second run in that case. I've backed one game already that had a successful second pass.
Not gaming related, but probably the closest many of us will get to going to space.

LightSail: A Revolutionary Solar Sailing Spacecraft

Ending soon.
Here's a fun one that showed up too late to make it into my next article:

<span class="bold">A Hole New World</span> - An 8-bit NES-inspired action/platformer described as "MegaMan meets Ghouls 'n Ghosts".

Their aesthetic looks really nice, almost as if they coded it to legitimately play on a real NES. They are offering the game DRM-Free, which is always great. Early birds are still available as I write this and many of the higher-end tiers are quite affordable as well. Check it out!

EDIT: Bonus points on their campaign video being a pitch-perfect spoof of a Nintendo Direct video. Hahaha!
Post edited June 24, 2015 by Tekkaman-James
Defect

Features an interesting, though potentially monotonous, element where your ship is seized after every mission by a munity and you have to fight it. I've asked them for clarification on DRM-free availability.
Disciples Of The Storm RTS

Disciples Of The Storm (DOTS) is a unique, fast paced Real Time Strategy (RTS) game set in the fantasy world of Sonus where an ancient feud between the deities, known as Tempests, have torn the world apart leaving little more than raging storms below and skies filled with floating remnant of islands where the people of Sonus now live. The four factions of rain, wind, sun and thunder must battle to survive in this harsh climate gathering resources and gain favor from the Tempests.

New project, offers a DRM-free download along with a Steam key.