It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soon, you’ll be able to play your favorite games from our store, like the Witcher series or Cyberpunk 2077, on multiple devices of your choice. We’re teaming up with Amazon Luna cloud gaming service to give you even more ways of enjoying your titles, while still keeping our mission of DRM-free gaming.

We’ve set up a blog post explaining everything in more detail so make sure to check it out HERE.

What’s most important is that on Luna you’ll be able to play every game that you already own on GOG (and that is also available on Luna). There’s absolutely no requirement to purchase anything twice – you bought it once on our platform so it’s always yours, as always.

Moreover, it works both ways. You’ll be able to buy games that are available on GOG via Luna’s client and they will go straight into your GOG library.

Check out the blog post and have a great one!
high rated
Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post. Our mission is to be a DRM-free platform and teaming up with Luna isn't here to change that.

Playing offline, storing externally, having offline installers - all the DRM-free goodness that we offer will always be there for you. What this collaboration means, is that you, if you want to, can also play the games you own on GOG via cloud service. Great thing to use if you're travelling a lot or your hardware can't handle certain titles.

And you won't need to purchase any game more than once. When you buy the game you can then play it on Luna, via offline installers, or via GOG GALAXY. How you play it is entirely up to you - the game is yours.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by king_kunat
fionnula: It is with great excitement that we today announce Amazon's acquisition of our GOG.com subsidiary!
No.

No!!!!

Oh fuck! Why????
Post edited March 19, 2024 by M3troid
-----
Post edited March 19, 2024 by fionnula
grozen357: I'm certainly happy that GoG is trying new things. A few people might find cloud streaming useful, since Amazan Luna is free bonus to Amazon Prime members, so there is that.

What I would LOVE to see is an alternative to Steam's "Remote play", since that thing is laggy as hell, even with 5GHz Wi-Fi router. The controller overlay is overrated and terrible as well. A simple Remote Desktop that can actually stream games and maybe a hidden VPN connection (so the streaming can work over the Internet), would be great.

Now THAT would make GoG Galaxy a very usefull piece of software. Not only Remote play saved me from going crazy, when I had to stay in bed for weeks after surgery recovery, but I have also used it to work on the PC, instead of switching to RDP or AnyDesk. A GoG account and MFA should be enough for security.
This sounds interesting!
Thank you GOG.

I appreciate you continuing to offer DRM-free offline installers. As long as you continue to do so, GOG will likely remain my first choice storefront to purchase games.

While I may not take full advantage of this streaming service as the only time I do/will ever have prime is when I am offered a free trial, I can grasp the posibilities it offers GOG to grow. If it is what is needed to offer more of what I wan't from GOG, then I will support it(though not directly) with money by continuing to purchase the DRM-free offline installers that I enjoy.

Although.. perhaps working late/off hours waiting for systems to update, there might even be a use for it lol. www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg_PXNZrBds
ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ: [...] there's the whole, "Oops, this title is leaving our service forever, hope you enjoyed it while it was there!" thing,
Well, purchasing games at GOG seems to be a good option for helping preserve good old games. Streaming is optional and Galaxy is optional and that is good.

ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ: and the, "Oops, we were bought out by a competing service and are now shutting down on April 2nd, hope you didn't have a Dragon Ball marathon in mind."
Well, if Amazon streaming ceased to partner with GOG, guess what?, we would be exactly at the same point where we were. Nothing lost, as long as downloading installation files remains an option.
Please make your games work on w10 and 11 already, before selling your souls and ours to amazon. Thank You.
king_kunat: Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post. Our mission is to be a DRM-free platform and teaming up with Luna isn't here to change that.

Playing offline, storing externally, having offline installers - all the DRM-free goodness that we offer will always be there for you. What this collaboration means, is that you, if you want to, can also play the games you own on GOG via cloud service. Great thing to use if you're travelling a lot or your hardware can't handle certain titles.

And you won't need to purchase any game more than once. When you buy the game you can then play it on Luna, via offline installers, or via GOG GALAXY. How you play it is entirely up to you - the game is yours.
Well guys
as long as the games GoG publishes work compltely standalone
which means
without internet and without laucher everything is okay
that is my hard line i will never cross, what i buy i do own and no one has the right
to meddle with it and install tools that give them the possibility to do so.

STEAM and all other mandatory launchers are just that, because they are FIX
attached to your games, aka you double click the executable and the launcher starts first
as long as this does not happen (yes checking services too / background running) it is fine

games here have to work without launcher and internet connection without missing content

However... regarding this teamup... i think it is kinda useless since GoG users aren t the
guys (usually) who will jump on gaming from someone elses server/ computer
if you really want to do a teamup that will be useful
teamup with Valve to get access to their server infrastructure so you can provide
Multiplayer crossplatform (but then again here are nutjobs that think this function is DRM too)

I would like to have access to mods from the workshop via Galaxy for example
Post edited March 19, 2024 by GHOSTMD
Takashi2222: gog is trying to keep relevant and stay alive. For people against this if gog doesn't add new stuff then the site dies, they can't run everything for free.
What are they running for free ? It's a storefront for DRM-FREE games, the FREE in that statement refers that it doesn;t include tools to stop you from using your game if you do not have a certain tool to verify you. You really don't udnerstand what the whole purpose of this store is, you get all that from other storefronts. GOG's niche is this, publishing game installers for offline play of old games. Having new games in here is a bonus.
lixicus: What high end rig you need when 90% of games on here don't even require a dual core processor, please stop embarrasing yourself. I get it you are new here, but if you want that you got steam of epic, you trully don't udnerstand what gog is all about ...
polysquirrel: To play the other 10% games for one. And without those 10%, GOG is delegated to obscurity. A powerful *laptop* is much more expensive than a gaming PC, and beats it on flexibility. Most people don't need a GPU, and a light netbook suits them better. Hell, I do programming on a tablet, occasionallly. This partnership will certainly influence my PC purchases, as, currently, I am alternating between powerful and light notebooks so I can have both.

GOG is about having access to offline installers for posterity. That's the only feature it has over Steam. FFS, I often purchase games both here and on Steam (either because I purchased it on Steam first, or because of multiplayer, or because I want to play it on Steam Deck). I literally purchase games here *solely* for the installers, so don't patronize me.
GOG is about having access to offline installers for posterity is you not understanding what lured customers to it. Not being DRM-Free people would only need steam, your logic is super flawed. Btw a new Steam Deck is 300$, even more cheap on second hand market. Computers now a days are cheaper, we aren't in the pandemic's anymore, computer parts are normalized, and so is the second hand market. Further more you can;t be serious telling me you can afford gaming with a streaming sub when literally one year of that sub costs more than buying a pc, not to mention buying the games. This push for streaming is pathethic, let's see how you play your games with no internet connection, literally the whole purpose of gog is to have the games offline, it's like trying to sale a bicicle at an auto shop ...
Post edited March 19, 2024 by lixicus
AB2012: I think the issue many of us have is that these endless stream of 'Great Ideas' [.....]s of what DRM-Free 'really' means...
I completely understand your point of view. I appreciate such a detailed post.
Post edited March 19, 2024 by Odessam
I see the sky is falling once again.
high rated
ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ: [...] there's the whole, "Oops, this title is leaving our service forever, hope you enjoyed it while it was there!" thing,
Carradice: Well, purchasing games at GOG seems to be a good option for helping preserve good old games. Streaming is optional and Galaxy is optional and that is good.

ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ: and the, "Oops, we were bought out by a competing service and are now shutting down on April 2nd, hope you didn't have a Dragon Ball marathon in mind."
Carradice: Well, if Amazon streaming ceased to partner with GOG, guess what?, we would be exactly at the same point where we were. Nothing lost, as long as downloading installation files remains an option.
Galaxy is not optional, not for all games, there are alot of games that can't be opened without it even tough it is in theory offline installed ...
Odessam: It's not by sticking to old ideas and refusing to innovate that will help us.
AB2012: I think the issue many of us have is that these endless stream of 'Great Ideas' are never an enhancement to the platform, but rather a constant distraction to getting the basics right:-

- Saints Row 3 Remastered offline installer was broken by Galaxy in 2021 and still remains broken 3 years on in 2024.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/saints_row_3_remastered_not_working_properly_without_galaxy/page1
Are we sure this one was not fixed? Because I have the remaster, the character outfit saved for me. Maybe I'm missing something?

For the record I bought the game last year.
Post edited March 19, 2024 by Syphon72
high rated
Cloud gaming is the most perverse form of DRM in existence. You're fast becoming a less desirable option for buying my PC games, with each new "feature" you unveil.
Post edited March 19, 2024 by zerodin
high rated
Carradice: Well, purchasing games at GOG seems to be a good option for helping preserve good old games. Streaming is optional and Galaxy is optional and that is good.
Yes, it's precisely the way Galaxy is "optional" that makes this so worrisome.

Well, that and the fact that further embracing and focusing on features and distribution models fundamentally opposed to the very idea of DRM-free gaming both drives home the point (which admittedly has been obvious for years now) that the principle of the thing no longer matters to GOG an iota and puts into question the feasability of maintaing this balancing act indefinitely.
lixicus: Galaxy is not optional, not for all games, there are alot of games that can't be opened without it even tough it is in theory offline installed ...
"A lot"? Really? Name two.