It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soon, you’ll be able to play your favorite games from our store, like the Witcher series or Cyberpunk 2077, on multiple devices of your choice. We’re teaming up with Amazon Luna cloud gaming service to give you even more ways of enjoying your titles, while still keeping our mission of DRM-free gaming.

We’ve set up a blog post explaining everything in more detail so make sure to check it out HERE.

What’s most important is that on Luna you’ll be able to play every game that you already own on GOG (and that is also available on Luna). There’s absolutely no requirement to purchase anything twice – you bought it once on our platform so it’s always yours, as always.

Moreover, it works both ways. You’ll be able to buy games that are available on GOG via Luna’s client and they will go straight into your GOG library.

Check out the blog post and have a great one!
high rated
Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post. Our mission is to be a DRM-free platform and teaming up with Luna isn't here to change that.

Playing offline, storing externally, having offline installers - all the DRM-free goodness that we offer will always be there for you. What this collaboration means, is that you, if you want to, can also play the games you own on GOG via cloud service. Great thing to use if you're travelling a lot or your hardware can't handle certain titles.

And you won't need to purchase any game more than once. When you buy the game you can then play it on Luna, via offline installers, or via GOG GALAXY. How you play it is entirely up to you - the game is yours.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by king_kunat
lixicus: Exactly it's a better service than streamign and they are yet to make good money of it. Devs need sales, not streaming nor renting. We are on the very topic here my guy.
On Game Pass YOU DO NOT BUY GAMES, IT IS A SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE. Game Pass is the defintion of renting. I usually object when people call buying games renting, but this is one instace where it is correct

For the the games here for streaming YOU HAVE TO BUY THE GAME.

you are comparing appels and petrol cans.

I give up, it is very clear by now that you have no idea what you are talking about.

But I will leave you with this - if there is all loss-loss scenario. No benefit for the customers, and no benefit for the developers... Why do they bother? Is it all a big conspiracy becuase they are evil and really, really dont like games?

That was a rhetorical question, by the way.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by amok
high rated
gog is trying to keep relevant and stay alive. For people against this if gog doesn't add new stuff then the site dies, they can't run everything for free.
lixicus: What high end rig you need when 90% of games on here don't even require a dual core processor, please stop embarrasing yourself. I get it you are new here, but if you want that you got steam of epic, you trully don't udnerstand what gog is all about ...
To play the other 10% games for one. And without those 10%, GOG is delegated to obscurity. A powerful *laptop* is much more expensive than a gaming PC, and beats it on flexibility. Most people don't need a GPU, and a light netbook suits them better. Hell, I do programming on a tablet, occasionallly. This partnership will certainly influence my PC purchases, as, currently, I am alternating between powerful and light notebooks so I can have both.

GOG is about having access to offline installers for posterity. That's the only feature it has over Steam. FFS, I often purchase games both here and on Steam (either because I purchased it on Steam first, or because of multiplayer, or because I want to play it on Steam Deck). I literally purchase games here *solely* for the installers, so don't patronize me.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by polysquirrel
ReynardFox: Jesus Christ GOG. What are you turning into?
I feel so tired: I still blame the people who voted for steam like features in he first Gog survey .
Then again, people complains when a game does not feature "achievements". Hum.
Hey, that explains why Prime been giving GOG keys this past year. If that means it will continue giving them out then please go ahead.
amok: ohhh.

this will be fun

*grabbing popcorn*
I feel so tired: I still blame the people who voted for steam like features in he first Gog survey .
amok: just to point out - cloud gaming is one of the very few features Steam DOES NOT have.

But yes, everything is Steams fault :)
Also, NVIDIA Now has failed to include GOG games, after starting with a bang at Cyberpunk 2077's launch. If another cloud gaming service comes to the rescue, all the better.

What I would like to know, and has not been said upfront, is how much Amazon's service cost, if Prime is required, and so on. At least NVIDIA Now explains membership types clearly.
king_kunat: Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post.
ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ: I did, and like many communiques between staff and user, it was lacking for functional information.

1) What games are to be on this service?

2) How does one tell what games on Luna are affiliated with, and therefore benefit GOG by being played?

3) What benefit, as a corporate entity, does GOG gain as to this partnership? What is the expected conversion rate?

4) Does this work for Linux, or is that another slap on the face for us in the realms of FOSS?
WolfEisberg: Galaxy had no effect on offline installers. Offline installers are still being made.
Soo ignoring games like Baldur's Gate 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Plague Tale series, Robocop, and massively more games that cannot run on a raspberry pi dosbox?
ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ: Exactly so. Those aren't the games that I, and many others come to GOG for. I didn't even remember the last one.
Membership cost, access to servers, bandwith, hardware specifications...
lixicus: What high end rig you need when 90% of games on here don't even require a dual core processor, please stop embarrasing yourself. I get it you are new here, but if you want that you got steam of epic, you trully don't udnerstand what gog is all about ...
polysquirrel: To play the other 10% games for one. And without those 10%, GOG is delegated to obscurity. A powerful *laptop* is much more expensive than a gaming PC, and beats it on flexibility. Most people don't need a GPU, and a light netbook suits them better. Hell, I do programming on a tablet, occasionallly. This partnership will certainly influence my PC purchases, as, currently, I am alternating between powerful and light notebooks so I can have both.

GOG is about having access to offline installers for posterity. That's the only feature it has over Steam. FFS, I often purchase games both here and on Steam (either because I purchased it on Steam first, or because of multiplayer, or because I want to play it on Steam Deck). I literally purchase games here *solely* for the installers, so don't patronize me.
This. Some games in GOG I cannot play with the laptop that I bring with me when travelling. A functional streaming service would be nice.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by Carradice
high rated
Takashi2222: gog is trying to keep relevant and stay alive. For people against this if gog doesn't add new stuff then the site dies
We heard the same thing 9 years with how Galaxy would bring "millions" of new customers because everyone wants a Meta-Client. Back in the real world, it cost them as much to develop than how much they grew and the only people who used it were mostly already here. Most Steam users didn't want to swap 1 client for 2 to 'simplify' the 'experience'. Similarly, the GOG-Epic partnership from a few years ago (selling Epic games to Galaxy users) made Epic way more money than it made GOG, and then Epic 'rewarded' their partner by cutting into a lot more of GOG's sales (than damaging the No Steam, No Buy crowd) with DRM-Free Epic Giveaways that significantly overlapped GOG's catalogue, before removing all their Unreal games from GOG. That too was sold on the back of "needed for relevancy".

Bottom line - What really brings in more money is obtaining and selling more highly wishlisted games (eg, GOG did well with Skyrim, etc), not mistaking 'niche of a niche' gimmicks for false relevancy.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by BrianSim
Takashi2222: gog is trying to keep relevant and stay alive. For people against this if gog doesn't add new stuff then the site dies
BrianSim: We heard the same thing 9 years with how Galaxy would bring "millions" of new customers because everyone wants a Meta-Client. Back in the real world, it cost them as much to develop than how much they grew and the only people who used it were mostly already here. Similarly, the GOG-Epic partnership from a few years ago (selling Epic games to Galaxy users) made Epic way more money than it made GOG, and then Epic 'rewarded' their partner by cutting into a lot more of GOG's sales (than damaging the No Steam, No Buy crowd) with DRM-Free Epic Giveaways that significantly overlapped GOG's catalogue, before removing all their Unreal games from GOG. That too was sold on the back of "needed for relevancy".

Bottom line - What really brings in more money is obtaining and selling more highly wishlisted games (eg, GOG did well with Skyrim, etc), not mistaking 'niche of a niche' gimmicks for false relevancy.
GOG tries things, sometimes they hit, sometimes they miss. Cannot blame them for trying. A good affordable streaming service would be useful for this player, to be sure. Maybe not for you, and the beauty of this is that GOG has something for everyone.
Ophelium: Guess it's "don't even look at the forum" o'clock again.
No real toxicity in this thread. A few years ago, there was.
Memecchi: Streaming services are the antithesis of game preservation, can't say I'm happy with the partnership
Please elaborate.
LChrt: This partnership with Amazon is extremely disappointing.
Cannot say that this company deserves love.

That said, apparently NVIDIA is too busy becoming even richer because of AI to bother adding GOG games to their (not exactly cheap) service.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by Carradice
Carradice: Please elaborate.
Aside from FOMO and other selfish tactics to spur artificial interest, there's the whole, "Oops, this title is leaving our service forever, hope you enjoyed it while it was there!" thing, and the, "Oops, we were bought out by a competing service and are now shutting down on April 2nd, hope you didn't have a Dragon Ball marathon in mind."
high rated
Hefhef7e8h8: Came here from amazon and wow GoG community looks like the most ungrateful bunch of bastards Ive ever seen lol
Not all of us. Most of us sit quietly in the background, buy and play games, and refrain from doomsaying and making mountains out of molehills.

Pax
high rated
Hefhef7e8h8: Came here from amazon and wow GoG community looks like the most ungrateful bunch of bastards Ive ever seen lol
Pax11: Not all of us. Most of us sit quietly in the background, buy and play games, and refrain from doomsaying and making mountains out of molehills.

Pax
It's always the same users who keep the doomsaying alive. It has been like that for years now. You will notice GOG forms rarely have new users posting anymore.
Post edited March 19, 2024 by Syphon72
high rated
mike_fantastic0: Concept as a whole doesn't bother me, but Amazon as a company sure does.

Hoping you can opt out or have this be 100% optional.
Did you even read the official post which explicitly said it is optional?
high rated
12 August 2025 - Warsaw, Poland

It is with great excitement that we today announce Amazon's acquisition of our GOG.com subsidiary!

Don't worry - our friends at Amazon love games just as much as you do. They are committed to our cherished principles of DRM-free ownership and offline gaming - at least, until they realize how little money it makes them. Your games will remain available for you to download and play whenever you want. You know. Probably.

Additionally, you can connect your GOG Galaxy and Luma accounts to your Twitch.tv account - and live-stream yourself streaming your games, perhaps while wearing a t-shirt with a smile-shaped yellow arrow on it.

Don't forget to sign up for an Amazon account if you don't already have one. And for the next seven days we are offering an exclusive 25% discount on new Prime subscriptions - exclusive to GOG members!

----------------------------------------------

Seriously though, I'm actually OK with this kind of branching out to new avenues of gaming if it keeps GOG healthy/profitable. Not a fan of such close proximity to so-called Big Tech, but whatever - if it's necessary to keep the old games coming and downloadable, so be it.
Post edited March 19, 2024 by fionnula
I'm certainly happy that GoG is trying new things. A few people might find cloud streaming useful, since Amazan Luna is a free bonus to Amazon Prime members, so there is that.

Amazon gets exposure to GoG customers, while GoG gets exposure to Luna clients and marketplace. Not a bad deal.

Now, people complaining about Amazon being the devil and murdering puppies are probably correct, BUT it is optional - link GoG account to your Amazon account, or don't. It IS your choice. And GoG is all about freedom AND giving you a choice. You can use Galaxy, or not. You can play offline, or not. You can use Luna, or not. You can drink coffee, or you can drink beer. Or both... YOU DECIDE what you want to do with the options you are given.

What I would LOVE to see is an alternative to Steam's "Remote play", since that thing is laggy as hell, even with 5GHz Wi-Fi router. The controller overlay is overrated and terrible as well. A simple Remote Desktop that can actually stream games and maybe a hidden VPN connection (so the streaming can work over the Internet) would be great.

Now THAT would make GoG Galaxy a very usefull piece of software. Not only Remote play saved me from going crazy when I had to stay in bed for weeks after surgery recovery, but I have also used it to work on the PC, instead of switching to RDP or AnyDesk. A GoG account and MFA should be enough for security.
Post edited March 19, 2024 by grozen357
fionnula: 12 August 2025 - Warsaw, Poland

It is with great excitement that we today announce Amazon's acquisition of our GOG.com subsidiary!

Don't worry - our friends at Amazon love games just as much as you do. They are committed to our cherished principles of DRM-free ownership and offline gaming - at least, until they realize how little money it makes them. Your games will remain available for you to download and play whenever you want. You know. Probably.

Additionally, you can connect your GOG Galaxy and Luma accounts to your Twitch.tv account - and live-stream yourself streaming your games, perhaps while wearing a t-shirt with a smile-shaped yellow arrow on it.

Don't forget to sign up for an Amazon account if you don't already have one. And for the next seven days we are offering an exclusive 25% discount on new Prime subscriptions - exclusive to GOG members!
Now I'm wondering if a much bigger company like Amazon would have the clout and integrity to tell China's Communist Party, "no, you tell Winnie that we'll continue to sell these Red Candle games whether you like it or not"?