It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soon, you’ll be able to play your favorite games from our store, like the Witcher series or Cyberpunk 2077, on multiple devices of your choice. We’re teaming up with Amazon Luna cloud gaming service to give you even more ways of enjoying your titles, while still keeping our mission of DRM-free gaming.

We’ve set up a blog post explaining everything in more detail so make sure to check it out HERE.

What’s most important is that on Luna you’ll be able to play every game that you already own on GOG (and that is also available on Luna). There’s absolutely no requirement to purchase anything twice – you bought it once on our platform so it’s always yours, as always.

Moreover, it works both ways. You’ll be able to buy games that are available on GOG via Luna’s client and they will go straight into your GOG library.

Check out the blog post and have a great one!
high rated
Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post. Our mission is to be a DRM-free platform and teaming up with Luna isn't here to change that.

Playing offline, storing externally, having offline installers - all the DRM-free goodness that we offer will always be there for you. What this collaboration means, is that you, if you want to, can also play the games you own on GOG via cloud service. Great thing to use if you're travelling a lot or your hardware can't handle certain titles.

And you won't need to purchase any game more than once. When you buy the game you can then play it on Luna, via offline installers, or via GOG GALAXY. How you play it is entirely up to you - the game is yours.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by king_kunat
high rated
So GOG Code of Conduct 2.18 makes advertising and linking to other stores that might offer DRM-free games a no-go. Since you've teamed up, I assume advertising and linking to Luna will be fine then?
zeratulsk: Good news! Finally can play my gog games without turning my laptop to a toaster :D

Also dont forget to bring more games to Geforce now! to this day still only Witcher and CBP2077 available which is a shame considering also many Bethesda games are on GOG which are available for cloud play! (yet only via steam for now...)
I suspect the Luna deal will replace what was attempted with GFN
There are actually publishers pretty happy to support almost any big enough platform, even if it means to provide 5-10 different patches for 5-10 different platforms. So, this "general rule" is not without flaws and exceptions.

EGS is not a "huge" platform but they are not bound to shareholders so they fan afford to make bigger sacrifices... even if it means to accept losses for many years. Besides... it was same for Amazon... they was accepting losses for many years in order to "beat" the competition... and at some point it was successful for them. They can do it once again... using Amazon-Luna. No one knows if it will become successful but it surely depends on the "right support" and the "goodwill" of the customers for accepting those "unique benefits".

To me... i simply enjoy diversity and to me... it would be a "bad time" or "bad day" if, at some point, i have to accept "there is simply almost nobody able to compete", as this would in long term NOT become a benefit to the gamers and toward all the individuals out there who got own unique needs.
zeratulsk: Good news! Finally can play my gog games without turning my laptop to a toaster :D

Also dont forget to bring more games to Geforce now! to this day still only Witcher and CBP2077 available which is a shame considering also many Bethesda games are on GOG which are available for cloud play! (yet only via steam for now...)
No one need "Geforce Now"... this platform is doomed to fail, sorry to say... because Nvidia simply is not the thing gamers are linking to "Cloud Services" for good reasons. Nvidia should focus on the things they can do best... not on the things not part of their true buisness. Guess someone like Amazon... and i do not even really enjoy them... got more potential because they simply, as a vendor and distributor got very solid experience... i certainly can say... more than Google. If i have to invest... i would trust it more.

Anyway, i am glad it will be of use to you using this new "cloud-link of GoG games (and vice versa)".
Post edited March 19, 2024 by Xeshra
That doesn't even make any sense........
GOG.com: What’s most important is that on Luna you’ll be able to play every game that you already own on GOG (and that is also available on Luna).
The latter is only logical.
Apart from that: I tried Luna once and it worked remarkably well, but I really don't see it as the main platform for my gaming experience.
GOG.com: You’ll be able to buy games that are available on GOG via Luna’s client and they will go straight into your GOG library.
But why would I want to buy on another platform, if I can simply buy here?
Because of Amazon-Payment?
I guess, that would kinda make some sense...especially since more and more customers seem to experience problems with their usual payment options.

All in all:
good for you, to "broaden your horizon", when it comes to the reach of the games you sell, and your DRM-free policy, I guess...but not really interesting for me.
BrianSim: Thanks to Valve, Steam became a "closed software console within a (formerly open) hardware platform".
Partly, though I'm fairly sure I was already buying serial keys for Battle.net activation before Steam even came out. (Diablo 2 for instance)
Post edited March 19, 2024 by Pheace
It could make sense for anyone... more options, more value... finally "better deal". Personally i do not need it but i guess there are many people able to get more value if they can use a "single copy" with different options.

To me... fact is... IF anyone currently got a chance to get some success in cloud services... it is probably Amazon. However, again... this is NOT my approach, yet it is accepted as something able to provide more value toward many customers.

Steam? Well the issue is... they kinda made a somewhat "closed platform" out of their apparently supreme launcher which has been linked to many services most gamers do not want to miss anymore. It is not even about the game itself anymore but a matter OF THE PACKAGE which seems so supreme (not me... but majority). So, the hardware is not even a matter anymore... it all just comes down to the "closed-launcher-package". This is the thing GoG (and Amazon) kinda wants to copy... for the good or bad but the majority is asking for.

If someone wants to challenge it... they need to be aware of this "package" and how to execute some sort of "easy going and hassle free" package as well... just with some unique approach.

However: One thing should be DIFFERENT, always: It should stay a OPEN launcher package, because this is the thing they are unique with. With Amazon... well... if they can build the only GOOD cloud service that works well with providing additional needs for GoG customers (or vice versa) it could as well become pretty unique... so... maybe yes.
Post edited March 19, 2024 by Xeshra
Some people talking about gog staying afloat. Guess its not been thought of to pitch a sponsor advert to a few youtubers?

Like Sseth or Splattercat. Ask people to explain what DRM is and why it is bad. Then suggest gog offline installers.

Then again, a long wind rabbit hole that pisses off their customers may just be the right answer to their problems(sarcasm....if couldnt tell).
Shmacky-McNuts: Some people talking about gog staying afloat. Guess its not been thought of to pitch a sponsor advert to a few youtubers?

Like Sseth or Splattercat. Ask people to explain what DRM is and why it is bad. Then suggest gog offline installers.

Then again, a long wind rabbit hole that pisses off their customers may just be the right answer to their problems(sarcasm....if couldnt tell).
GOG used to affiliate with Lazy Game Reviews, Pixelmusement, and other such fine types. There were even personalized GOGmixes from them.
Cool, I'm not into Cloud gaming, but if this is a way to market GOG, I can't complain.
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2024/03/gog-team-up-with-amazon-luna-for-cloud-gaming/
So let me get this straight..the free luna games offered on prime gaming will now show up on my GOG account if I claim the game from prime gaming?
high rated
Another step towards DRM. As someone who's been here for many years, and watched gog lose it's founding principles, this feels like death by a thousand cuts.
51nikopol: So let me get this straight..the free luna games offered on prime gaming will now show up on my GOG account if I claim the game from prime gaming?
No. This is some nebulous deal that means if you connect your GOG account to your Amazon account, you'll be able to cloud stream the games you already own.
51nikopol: So let me get this straight..the free luna games offered on prime gaming will now show up on my GOG account if I claim the game from prime gaming?
ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ: No. This is some nebulous deal that means if you connect your GOG account to your Amazon account, you'll be able to cloud stream the games you already own.
you can also buy games on Luna, and they will appear in your gOg account so you have instellers as well (for the games that applies)

see OP - "Moreover, it works both ways. You’ll be able to buy games that are available on GOG via Luna’s client and they will go straight into your GOG library."