It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ShadowWulfe: How?
madth3: Go to the website and below the price there will be links to installers or zip files (for those game that have them)
Thanks! Dowloading the stuff now. Dunno why they make it so confusing on their client.
enigmaxg2: Somehow I have 100 games there, but the vast majority of them aren't providing me any Steam keys, let's hope the devs will add them or I will lose all these games
madth3: Can't you download the installers?
It's possible, but I don't have all the space right now, and I will not have money for a bigger disk drive until the next month, and then I will need to deal with a shitty 2mbps connection :/, let's hope it will last a couple months at least.
We'll see if publishers do anything to help the users or if Desura makes a way. All of these problems are actually pretty easy to fix on Desura's end though. They fell into the same trap as developers do - they had too high of an overhead before they made any profits. It's a common mistake from business amateurs.

OldFatGuy: Both Windows and Norton are blocking ALL of my goddamn Desura downloads as risky. They download, but then I can't do anything with them.

WTF????
Besides no reason to be using Norton, the problem is likely that necessary files are getting detected and quarantined/locked. So it seems like you've okayed everything but it's still acting up no matter what you do. This is a "feature" of bad security software. I've had it happen with Avast. My solution was to install something else that gives full control over exclusions. Software isn't as good as human judgement.
Noooooeeezzzzzz... my steam keys for greenlight games.... NOOOOOO!!!!
So, this definitely breaks other people's models. I'm sure there are more, but unless something or someone fixes Desura I will no longer have any reason to buy from dailyindiegame or lazyguysbundle. I could see the latter switching to itch.io distribution maybe?. I've enjoyed the few bundles I've seen from lgb, at least in a games-per-dollar way.
DProject: Thanks for the heads-up. I only own Hatred there but I'm gonna save it anyway. Can't play it properly on my current rig but I do want to know if it was at all worth all the media attention (played it for a couple of levels on my current PC and so far I would have to say no, though)
No it's not. As far as the actual violence goes, it's really tame. The AO rating should never have been applied when taking into account games such as Mortal Kombat X are far more graphically disturbing and yet rated lower.

As far as gameplay goes, it's pretty mediocre and that respawn system just kills any remaining enjoyment. Thankfully, Valve already approved my refund on the grounds that there wasn't enough actual game to justify the price point.
Looks like DotEmu isnt also going that ok, too. ;(
vicklemos: Looks like DotEmu isnt also going that ok, too. ;(
What a weird thing for her to say...

---

1. Put some files on the internet
2. Keep 70% of the money people throw at you

It just doesn't seem like it should be as hard as people are making it! :)
vicklemos: Looks like DotEmu isnt also going that ok, too. ;(
Don't mistake not being able to renew a distribution deal with SEGA as a sign of financial difficulty. SEGA, like any company with a Japanese office, is tricky to deal with. Particularly when it comes to offering your games worldwide -- as the Japanese company really doesn't want to support making their games available on PC to customers in Japan. Hence why GOG has so few Japanese publishers on board (and so few games from those who are here).
Huff: Most have a standalone exe download
ShadowWulfe: I've never used their client, the only option I could find was "Install".
Go to your collection on the site (that's one of the options in the top bar, along with Games, Community, Developers, and the search box), click a game, click the button for "your keys", then the "download direct" link and you'll be shown the download links for that game.

EDIT: Oh, long since "ninja'd" (not quite, with that time frame, just me being more blind than usual)
Post edited June 06, 2015 by Maighstir
I was browsing some of the free games on Desura, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations to some good ones that I can download before the (possible) server shutdown.
chadjenofsky: I was browsing some of the free games on Desura, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations to some good ones that I can download before the (possible) server shutdown.
It's not quite a recommendation, but I played Sepia Tears recently.

EDIT: Desura users seemed to enjoy it. I didn't try for multiple endings, though I'm not sure there's more than one. Not many choices, it's very narrative.
Post edited June 06, 2015 by budejovice
So, does this mean Bad Juju's recent statement was not true? I refer to the statement that the pay problems were only because of the lack of an automated payment system. The worst part of this is, all those developers are probably never going to get their money.
I was never a fan of their lack of curation, but it's a pity to see it disappear.
Game Jolt
https://gamejolt.com/
Has a very 'Desura' feel - maybe they'll pick them up if they're going cheap?