It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I recently purchases VtM:B from GOG and downloaded and installed one of the older patches, but haven't played the game yet.
I just saw that the 10.0 patch is released, so I downloaded that just now.
I have two questions:
1) what is the best way to install the 10.0 patch? Do I just install it over the older version (which is the latest 9.9 patch), or do I have to do something first?
2) on an unrelated note, I was told it is a good idea to play the game first without the patch. Can I do that if I already have the latest patch installed if I run the original shortcut link instead of the one installed by the patch?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I really appreciate your help!
elrosmail: I recently purchases VtM:B from GOG and downloaded and installed one of the older patches, but haven't played the game yet.
I just saw that the 10.0 patch is released, so I downloaded that just now.
I have two questions:
1) what is the best way to install the 10.0 patch? Do I just install it over the older version (which is the latest 9.9 patch), or do I have to do something first?
2) on an unrelated note, I was told it is a good idea to play the game first without the patch. Can I do that if I already have the latest patch installed if I run the original shortcut link instead of the one installed by the patch?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I really appreciate your help!
1)You can safely overwrite your old 9.9 install with 10.0, you don't have to do anything beforehand.

2)The plus patch restores some cut side missions,dialogue,items,powers,music etc, personally I see no reason to NOT install it, it doesn't "change" the original intended experience in any major way, it improves it, if you don't want it, during the patch setup installation uncheck the "plus" patch submenu and that's it.

If you run the original .exe you will play the vanilla game (without the unofficial patch) chances are it wont even work.

Hope I helped.
Post edited June 26, 2018 by armitom
Thank you for the answers,

wesp5: Anti-aliasing is not applied in the patch, I personally use SweetFX for this.
Can you use both SweetFX and ENB at the same time?

Normally when (only) SweetFX gets installed whenever you start the game and arrive to the main menu it will tell you that SweetFX has been loaded, however I followed this guide:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=319734325

And I can tell that ENB is definitly running, however I don't get anymore the message on the main menu which confirms wether or not SweetFX is working, is there another way to check in-game to know wether SweetFX is running or not?

For "ReShade", should I use Direct3D9 or something else such as Direct3D8 or Direct3D10/11 or OpenGL?
Post edited June 27, 2018 by JutahFate
JutahFate: Can you use both SweetFX and ENB at the same time?
I think you can, but I never tried.

For "ReShade", should I use Direct3D9 or something else such as Direct3D8 or Direct3D10/11 or OpenGL?
I use DIrect3D9 and don't know about the others...
wesp5: I think you can, but I never tried.
From the looks of it ENB mainly changes lightning, brightness and gamma, basically it makes the game look darker and more gritty, though it also introduce graininess which I don't like and it really increases how demanding the game is (my computer fan runs pretty much as regular with the GOG Game + Unofficial Patch + SweetFX), but as soon as ENB is introduced my computer fans gets really loud and works alot.

wesp5: II use DIrect3D9 and don't know about the others...
Got it, thanks!
Bought this game a week ago, just wanted to thank the author of the patch and everyone who supported him. I knew that there are some pretty up-to-date patches and mods, but something that fresh? Holy shit, this is amazing. Actually unbelievable.
Post edited July 05, 2018 by D4mian
JutahFate: Is the 64 patch already installed or should I install it manually?
What is the 64 patch and where can I get it? I have a 64-bit OS too, and Google wasn't too helpful when I looked for 64-bit patch.
JutahFate: Is the 64 patch already installed or should I install it manually?
ashutterly: What is the 64 patch and where can I get it? I have a 64-bit OS too, and Google wasn't too helpful when I looked for 64-bit patch.
All you need is in the extras of Wesp's patch. So download this and when you install select the extras you need.
But you still have to configure most things from the extras manually. Check the patch readme.
Good news, GOG has just updated the included UP version to 10.0 basic :)!