It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I love my Hunter's Armor with three +2Armor +10Vitality enhancements (total 16 AC +30Vita) than Kayran Armor. There, I've said it! With the same enhancements Kayran's would have AC 15 and +60 Vita. The bonuses on them are the very same and Hunter's does not force a hood upon my Geralt! yay!

Man, Hard diff using only original game items (the armor's diagram is from the troll DLC though) I can deal a whole lot more damage than Normal diff with imported items. Kayran, for instance, I could hit for some 40 dmg in Normal, Aerondight with 3 runes... same buffs and all but a Superb Witcher's Sword with 2 runes and I hit that thing for 90dmg in Hard difficulty!!!! And I killed it in Hard faster than in Normal too. (I mean a lot less reloads, only 3 IIRC)
I was a firm devotee of the TW1 but I despite all the eye candy have gots the sh*ts with this game. The combat (which was my favourite part of TW1) just sucks, its unordered and has no real method or continuity in how it responds. Gerald is wont roll when he is given the order and jusy does what he likes and the rotating camera angle puts you behind trees and walls when trying to fight. I think they rushed this onto the market and despite the great reviews its has failed to live up to TW1. 3d combat is great if it is done properly and this occasion it wasnt.

THW1 had some real magic and atmosphere (like the Lakeside) and there is just none of that here. It really is just a massive let down. I have got to the kraygan and its just crap, I am giving up on this and will just remind myself we were lucky to get a gem like the witcher 1. Projeckt failed to preserve the bits that were best about playing the witcher. Its a shame you cant sell a digital copy of this game!
LordRikerQ: This was a pretty bad fight, even spamming the Trap Sign it seemed hit or miss that the tentacle would actually get stunned by it, still it can use more refining, no matter what the fanboys think.
Only the tentacles with the orbs can get stuck on the trap. The 2 middle ones don't have orbs and are the strongest ones. The Kayran alternates between hitting with the orby ones and the middle ones if you're in range of both. The orby ones got stuck every time I tried.
Have anyone played demons souls??? I can tell u one thing, kayran was easy on normal difficulty. believe me lol I think the challenge on a game like this is important............. and it was a big boss what do u expect :-P
I did not find it easy.

But, on second play it was much easier. Practice with the control scheme for a whole game did help.

I really suspect that it is much easier with a game pad. At this point, I would not call the event poorly designed. I actually think it makes for a good first boss. I think the game, generally, works fine with kb/m. A little unresponsive at times. The Kayran fight is one that is less optimized for keyboard...and it is early in the game. Hence our frustration on the first play.
Can anyone help ive read all the posts and ive hackedof all tentacles do the tentacle ride and nothing just stomps and pickes me up again? the left button bash do u get the orange bar all the way to top ? ive done that and again nothing no droping bridge nothing just the same again again again
ive turned off QET still nothing what am idoing wrong ?????
thanks..........
I personally needed about a dozen tries before I nailed him down and I admit that I didn’t really find them entertaining.

It really is a matter of opinion whether one likes the fight or not. For me the issue was pretty clear cut. In cRPG I dislike real time fights based on skill and reflexes and prefer turn based fights based on strategy and stat optimization. I don’t mind difficulty, I just dislike when that difficulty is based on how well I can use the controls of the game.

TW1 was not turn based, but at least combat was a fluid experience that you could approach in a laid back way. Therefore, it seldom was an obstacle to the development of the story.

Unfortunately for me, with TW2, combat has become much more action oriented, getting a feel very akin to a God of War title. As such, it requires, concentration, reflexes, skill and so on…

I’m sure this pleases a majority of gamers, especially those who also enjoy console’s action Rpg titles, but for me this really wasn’t a positive point.
Just to add i played all the sidequests and im lvl 10 . i can hack all tentacles and be at full health at the tentacle grab, butthats as far as i can get i no bridge drops pinning it ?????
nothing to run up ?????

i just keep getting picked up. then hack hack drops me stomps and pickes me up again and again.

just outside town the village on the left search houses on the far right u can buy new armor there....
Post edited May 25, 2011 by lawless1001
mantisisrael: i am currently at the kayran boss
i have tried it over 50 times now i would say

i lowered the difficulty to easy
i didnt beat it yet

first of all the very fact that there is a situation where a player plays this game on the easiest setting and cant beat a boss and needs to try it 50 times is a big issue that dose not need to happen at the first place

second to the specifics

the boss has very little room for error from the player side
one single hit for a tentacle and your dead

that would be reasonable in a hard or insane difficulty
but on the easy difficulty its nothing but stupidity from the developers

all you need to do here to fix this boss is make it so a hit by a tentacle would only lower like 20-30% of your health instead of the current 100% one blow and your dead situation

AT LEAST ON THE FREAKING EASY DIFFICULTY

i bet my life many and many thousands of players stopped playing the game at this boss
or are stuck at it

so far i managed to cut the two right tentacles
then i move on to the left side but the boss just wont hit me with the third tentacle
he will only hit with the middle ones

i dont know whats going on here but its a very flawed design by the developers

seriously ? you create a situation in your game that a player cant beat on easy difficulty and needs to try it 100 times? are you nuts or what

ill keep trying and ill get this boss but this sucks balls
What are you guys talking about? the fight was fair and not really hard IMO compared to other games. I'm using a 360 controller which is Ideal for this game, but even with keyboard I think it isn't that hard with KB/M either.

To be honest, I'm more concerned that the game will become easier as I progress. I personally like a bit of challenge in my RPGs.
lawless1001: Can anyone help ive read all the posts and ive hackedof all tentacles do the tentacle ride and nothing just stomps and pickes me up again? the left button bash do u get the orange bar all the way to top ? ive done that and again nothing no droping bridge nothing just the same again again again
thanks..........
Just use Quen sign constantly, you will not get any health drop if you are hit if you are shielded by the spell. Once you hack all the tentacles and the beast is trapped after the bridge falls over it, just go hide behind a piece of the bridge that will guard you from the stones he throws at you. at this point, use Quen again. after a stone is thrown at you and is blocked by the cover you hide behind run to the extreme left to a piece of the bridge that fell over it. While you are running towards it and it throws stones at you do rolls to avoid the stones. Once you are on top of that bridge you don't have to worry about the stones, just continiously roll, as the tentacles try to hit you while you climb over its head, it didn't even manage to hit me. and viola, battle is over. You can also search Kayran battle on youtube, some people uploaded the fight tutorial over there if you want to see a hand on demonstration.
lawless1001: Can anyone help ive read all the posts and ive hackedof all tentacles do the tentacle ride and nothing just stomps and pickes me up again? the left button bash do u get the orange bar all the way to top ? ive done that and again nothing no droping bridge nothing just the same again again again
thanks..........
One more thing, you should use a mongoose potion before the fight begins, I think that is essential.
Post edited May 25, 2011 by hamidious
God, are you people for real? you want cdp to lower the difficulty? what are you people babies? seriously, this is getting really annoying and embarrassing...you sound like console dragon age 2 players to me, who need to be spoon fed. This is a hard game, learn how ot play it. Its an rpg. Prepare for it. Level up. Jesus, its not that hard at all if you use your heads.
cmoyano: Prepare for it. Level up. Jesus, its not that hard at all if you use your heads.
In all fairness, this is a fight where leveling up has no relevance. ;) Once you know what to do, you don't take any damage.
The problem i have is not how hard it is, The fight is really easy its the loop of getting picked up do the button spam, get droped, then he sits waves his tentacles about, she shouts where u going or hes trying to get away. then he swipes the ground and i get picked up again and loop. 'how can u do a button bash wrong'

i agree with all of u who say its easy. upgrade your armor have the superb silver sword
drink the potion. and the potion isnt even needed i can do the fight without it.

run left near the legs at the bridge cast yarden roll away hack hack he knocks part of the bridge down do other one then run to other side yarden hack hack another part of the bridge again maby after the third tentacle i get picked up do the button bash get doped do other tentacle, then iget sweeped up and button bash droped stomps about sweeped up loop........

Im sure ill get past it its just hard not to brake something.............
Just beat it on hard.

In second try.

It's not hard at all, like all bosses you need to figure out the pattern.
I like how Geralt replies to Sile yelling at him to use Yrden. "Why don't you come down here and do it?"
I found this boss so hard even on easy, and it wasn't catching the tentacles, it was the bleeding QTE... I am so not a fan of them, but then I realised the problem on my end...QTE's are very time sensitive and so any lag in the game can mean you personally are responding too slow, after turning down everything down low and using a much smaller resolution then what's native to my laptop everything move fluidly . I did it without fail and it was VERY easy too.