It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

voodoo47: ...

//anyway, I'll have to make it irrelevant - found a permanent fix. download this dml file, drop it into your SS2 folder, and the problem will be solved (even saves which are already corrupted will become usable again).

I don't get it. Is it the problem with the game or with Wine?
it's a problem that sometimes happens when running the game under wine (mac).
voodoo47: this is an interesting, and very usable workaround. thanks for the info.

//anyway, I'll have to make it irrelevant - found a permanent fix. download this dml file, drop it into your SS2 folder, and the problem will be solved (even saves which are already corrupted will become usable again).

I will submit this the the GOG team after some testing, so the next (mac) update should fix this for good.
Damn you for making my post irrelevant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But well done for finding a permanent fix :) (I almost forgive you).
Whenever I drop the file into the ss2 folder my mac just tells me that there is no windows program configured to open this sort of file. help please
you don't need to open it. just drop it into the SS2 folder and play the game.
voodoo47: you don't need to open it. just drop it into the SS2 folder and play the game.
Every time I go to drop it into the folder it tries to open the game. It then just quits and gives me the same old message

Do I need to open the package contents and drop it into a specific folder. Sorry. I'm not good with computers
Post edited March 16, 2015 by Claybrook1993
if the SS2 folder is wrapped in some sort of archive/package, then yes, you will need to open that, most probably. never worked with a mac, so I have no way of telling - all I can say is that the gamesys.dml file needs to be placed in the same folder as shock2.exe (the main game executable).
Claybrook1993: Do I need to open the package contents and drop it into a specific folder. Sorry. I'm not good with computers
Yes, Right-click - Show Package Contents. Drop it into "drive_c\GOG Games\System Shock 2\" and you are good.
Post edited March 16, 2015 by Gydion
voodoo47: you don't need to open it. just drop it into the SS2 folder and play the game.
Claybrook1993: Every time I go to drop it into the folder it tries to open the game. It then just quits and gives me the same old message

Do I need to open the package contents and drop it into a specific folder. Sorry. I'm not good with computers
Just so you know. .app 's are not actually executables. They are folder directories in a very specific, structure, containing all the executable, resources, registry, and libraries of the program (the idea being to ease installation in a portable bundle). So the real system shock resource directory you need to put the file is inside the app bundle.

In this case its a Wineskin app. so the executable is Wineskin, and the resource folder is the windows executable and it's resources, buried in - System Shock 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/GoG Games/System Shock 2" (there is a simlink to drive_c in the root of the app bundle as well)
Post edited March 17, 2015 by herecomethe2000