It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Oddb411: EDIT: Today my computer doesn't seem to be able to run well when CPU cycles are set to 60,000; the sound and music get a little choppy and explosions in-flight cause large FPS drops. But setting it to "Max 60%" instead appears to do the same thing for fixing the bug, while running much smoother, even during an explosion. Strange.
In my test, "Max 60%" does NOT fix the bug. Make sure to check whether the platform begins to fire at you at a distance of 1.3 km.
Oddb411: EDIT: Today my computer doesn't seem to be able to run well when CPU cycles are set to 60,000; the sound and music get a little choppy and explosions in-flight cause large FPS drops. But setting it to "Max 60%" instead appears to do the same thing for fixing the bug, while running much smoother, even during an explosion. Strange.
StyleWan: In my test, "Max 60%" does NOT fix the bug. Make sure to check whether the platform begins to fire at you at a distance of 1.3 km.
Strange, because the platform behaves the same for me whether I set the CPU to "Max 60%" or "60000" cycles. The platform starts firing at 1.3 km, but not necessarily at me; the other TIE Bombers in the flight group are usually targeted first. I typically notice a target lock about 0.90 km out. I also checked the GOG 1994 DOS version with the default CPU setting at max, and it behaves the same way.

I got my X-Wing DOS CD in the mail on Monday and while the 1998 Windows version has some nice upgrades, it loses a lot of the charm from the DOS predecessors. I think X-Wing is more personal preference when it comes to the DOS vs. Windows versions, and my preference definitely leans towards the former. The voiced mission briefings and the option for "easier" missions may not be as significant as TIE Fighter's enhancements, but the 1994 CD-ROM is still a welcome improvement over the original floppy disk release. It would be nice for GOG to include both of those in the near future.

EDIT: I changed the CPU setting to "Max 50%" and while the platform still begins firing around 1.3 km, it seems to target me earlier, closer to 1.0-1.1 km. Its firing rate is also increased so it's closer to the YouTube video of 60000 cycles. Lowering the max cycles to 50% doesn't seem to have any perceptible decrease in performance compared to 60%, so I'm sticking with that for now.
Post edited April 11, 2015 by Oddb411
StyleWan: In my test, "Max 60%" does NOT fix the bug. Make sure to check whether the platform begins to fire at you at a distance of 1.3 km.
Oddb411: Strange, because the platform behaves the same for me whether I set the CPU to "Max 60%" or "60000" cycles. The platform starts firing at 1.3 km, but not necessarily at me; the other TIE Bombers in the flight group are usually targeted first. I typically notice a target lock about 0.90 km out. I also checked the GOG 1994 DOS version with the default CPU setting at max, and it behaves the same way.

I got my X-Wing DOS CD in the mail on Monday and while the 1998 Windows version has some nice upgrades, it loses a lot of the charm from the DOS predecessors. I think X-Wing is more personal preference when it comes to the DOS vs. Windows versions, and my preference definitely leans towards the former. The voiced mission briefings and the option for "easier" missions may not be as significant as TIE Fighter's enhancements, but the 1994 CD-ROM is still a welcome improvement over the original floppy disk release. It would be nice for GOG to include both of those in the near future.

EDIT: I changed the CPU setting to "Max 50%" and while the platform still begins firing around 1.3 km, it seems to target me earlier, closer to 1.0-1.1 km. Its firing rate is also increased so it's closer to the YouTube video of 60000 cycles. Lowering the max cycles to 50% doesn't seem to have any perceptible decrease in performance compared to 60%, so I'm sticking with that for now.
The 1994 DOS version does not have this issue. May be this is because the 1994 DOS version runs in real mode, while the DOS CD version runs in protected mode.

Would you mind telling me the specifications of your computer ?
Oddb411: Strange, because the platform behaves the same for me whether I set the CPU to "Max 60%" or "60000" cycles. The platform starts firing at 1.3 km, but not necessarily at me; the other TIE Bombers in the flight group are usually targeted first. I typically notice a target lock about 0.90 km out. I also checked the GOG 1994 DOS version with the default CPU setting at max, and it behaves the same way.

StyleWan: The 1994 DOS version does not have this issue. May be this is because the 1994 DOS version runs in real mode, while the DOS CD version runs in protected mode.

I'm using a ThinkPad X200 laptop. CPU is a Core2Duo P8600 at 2.4 GHz with 4GB RAM and an Intel integrated graphics processor 4500MHD. But for gaming I use an eGPU with an EVGA GTX 750 Ti external graphics card connected via ExpressCard.

I recorded some footage of my DOSBox setup in windowed mode so you can see the CPU setting. I actually had to do a second take as the first attempt ended rather disastrously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR4M-Y_qmvY
StyleWan: The 1994 DOS version does not have this issue. May be this is because the 1994 DOS version runs in real mode, while the DOS CD version runs in protected mode.

Oddb411: I'm using a ThinkPad X200 laptop. CPU is a Core2Duo P8600 at 2.4 GHz with 4GB RAM and an Intel integrated graphics processor 4500MHD. But for gaming I use an eGPU with an EVGA GTX 750 Ti external graphics card connected via ExpressCard.

I recorded some footage of my DOSBox setup in windowed mode so you can see the CPU setting. I actually had to do a second take as the first attempt ended rather disastrously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR4M-Y_qmvY
I can see that the performance is good enough. Still wondering why this doesn't work for me.
GOG? Helloooo? Anyone there?

I would buy the CD-Version with 640x480 but ECGA is nearly unbearable on a 27" monitor (I only make an exception for UFO: Enemy unknown ;) ).

Please take a look if you can organize and offer the CD-Version with nicer graphics.

Thank you!
Brakiri: GOG? Helloooo? Anyone there?

I would buy the CD-Version with 640x480 but ECGA is nearly unbearable on a 27" monitor (I only make an exception for UFO: Enemy unknown ;) ).

Please take a look if you can organize and offer the CD-Version with nicer graphics.

Thank you!
It seems Disney and presumably GOG are still working on this, it just appears to be taking extra time.
Brakiri: GOG? Helloooo? Anyone there?

Thank you!
tfishell: It seems Disney and presumably GOG are still working on this, it just appears to be taking extra time.
Maybe they are still trying hard to fix this bug ?

http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=24922
high rated
It's in your accounts :D
JudasIscariot: It's in your accounts :D
Bloody well done! :D Please be sure to announce this to the world, though! Shout it from the rooftops. ;-)
Thank you! To the GOG team and the guys over at Disney, who made this possible!

The X-Wing series is finally complete! :D
Nergal01: Thank you! To the GOG team and the guys over at Disney, who made this possible!

The X-Wing series is finally complete! :D
No, it's not over yet :) I hope to be able to get other languages as well :)
JudasIscariot: No, it's not over yet :) I hope to be able to get other languages as well :)
Good idea. Well, Alliance was a pretty good start on that front. :)
hmm, i still just see the 94 and 98 versions in my account

edit: ah nevermind, just had to refresh my account
Post edited April 28, 2015 by guizhang
Nice work, GOG! Buying these right away. :)