It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sorry to bother again, but I've made my Abadar cleric focus on summoning feats and gave him some good charisma for extra channels. Is there really anything else to grab on him other than more channels and summoning feats?
Techbandit: Sorry to bother again, but I've made my Abadar cleric focus on summoning feats and gave him some good charisma for extra channels. Is there really anything else to grab on him other than more channels and summoning feats?
Don't need summoning feats on a cleric to begin with. Animate dead is the best summoning spell in the game and it doesn't benefit from any feats whatsoever. Don't remember if elemental swarm does, but it's for fodder either way. What you want as a cleric is heighten spell and evocation foci for archon's aura and blade barrier. Everything else is largely whatever you fancy.
Hello InEffect. First of all I wanted to thank you for your fantastic guides & builds. I'm new to Pathfinder:Kingmaker and your documented support I've found on this forum is truly impressive.

I'm really new to this game and I have not enough know-how to create my own builds. I'm primarily intending to play Kingmaker as a RPG and not a competitive esport however I do like a bit of a challenge in my games and planned on playing on Challenging followed by another run on Hard. I wanted to ask you about one issue I have re most of your builds which is the alignment choice.

Like I said I do value the roleplaying aspect of my character and after reaching level 6 and reading up on majority of your builds it became pretty obvious that due to alignment restrictions on certain classes and feats (ie: Slayer's Divine Anathema, monks etc) LG and lawful in general truly are the go to meta choices and are featured in around 80 to 90% of your builds posted in here and your other thread.

The problem is that I absolutely detest lawful good choices in this game. I understand the moral issues of true evil and good existing in this game but even then it feels more like a "I'm good because I'm the strongest being in the universe and I say so" - I guess I'm a huge softie and can't deal with being a zealous fanatic purging lesser races & law breakers. I too often catch myself choosing chaotic good or neutral. I understand that there are scrolls & respec options to reset your alignments but that just feels cheap and ruins my immersion.

So my question is: Outside of few obvious builds like your Slayer which would completely collapse without being LG how badly am I gimping myself by not following the alignment part on your builds?

Once again, thanks for all you've done so far.
Post edited May 26, 2021 by Kunzzi
Depends on the class. If you just go necro/conjuration sylvan sorc, being chaotic is pretty meta since ruin is so much better on chaotic characters. For melee, you can do something like booter 10/Archae2/DD4/something 2 or literally any other build that would wear oak. The obvious issue is inefficiencies that come from that like sorc, for example, doesn't really need 25PB and can be done just as fine as a merc and so on.

Generally, alignment is most restrictive in terms of kingdom management and gear management, since you won't have anyone to put those awesome LG robes on and bulletin boards save a whole lot of time and effort on the kingdom side. Other than that there are a ton of viable builds that don't give a damn about alignment.

The reason why there are so many lawful and monk characters is just that it's the most efficient way around the block and the guide is at least mostly focused on making "good" decisions even if the character concept is not the best(cause the guide would be very short otherwise).
Post edited May 26, 2021 by InEffect
InEffect: Depends on the class. If you just go necro/conjuration sylvan sorc, being chaotic is pretty meta since ruin is so much better on chaotic characters. For melee, you can do something like booter 10/Archae2/DD4/something 2 or literally any other build that would wear oak. The obvious issue is inefficiencies that come from that like sorc, for example, doesn't really need 25PB and can be done just as fine as a merc and so on.

Generally, alignment is most restrictive in terms of kingdom management and gear management, since you won't have anyone to put those awesome LG robes on and bulletin boards save a whole lot of time and effort on the kingdom side. Other than that there are a ton of viable builds that don't give a damn about alignment.

The reason why there are so many lawful and monk characters is just that it's the most efficient way around the block and the guide is at least mostly focused on making "good" decisions even if the character concept is not the best(cause the guide would be very short otherwise).
Thank you. I've decided to give it a go with AT Sorc.
I just wanted to say, you are amazing.

If it wasn't for you I probably would have quit this game already with all the extremely overwhelming'ness it has. It is such a huge overload of information at once and WAY different than the modern RPG. I have been slowly getting into the D&D scene over the past year. started with divinity 2 and then baldurs gate's and now this, (attempting PoE:2 again now that I properly got my feet wet).

Anyway just wanted you to know that your work is appreciated and helps a lot more people than you realize, 90% won't make an account or bother commenting but I guarantee they have this page bookmarked haha.

Cheers!

Edit: Do you have discord by chance?
Post edited July 23, 2021 by Artemis_Entreri__
Artemis_Entreri__: I just wanted to say, you are amazing.

If it wasn't for you I probably would have quit this game already with all the extremely overwhelming'ness it has. It is such a huge overload of information at once and WAY different than the modern RPG. I have been slowly getting into the D&D scene over the past year. started with divinity 2 and then baldurs gate's and now this, (attempting PoE:2 again now that I properly got my feet wet).

Anyway just wanted you to know that your work is appreciated and helps a lot more people than you realize, 90% won't make an account or bother commenting but I guarantee they have this page bookmarked haha.

Cheers!

Thanks for kind words. The discord is InEffect#646
Artemis_Entreri__: I just wanted to say, you are amazing.

Cheers!

InEffect: Thanks for kind words. The discord is InEffect#646
Says it didn't work or not found, I copy and pasted it into add friend.
Artemis Entreri#4141 is mine. I'm not going to blow you up and bother nonstop I swear haha! just would be cool to be able to ask a question here and there, hard to find certain specific answers for certain things for this game, unless you do tons of digging and research, to be expected with such a massive game with so much information in it. I admire your thorough understanding of this games mechanics and rules. I'd like to be like that with this and d&d but im still green. I found a website with all the rules but its like searching through a dictionary, easier to ask someone directly.
InEffect#6465 messed the pasting.

Mind you, in case of pnp you absolutely should no aim to game the system. Even if your DM allows it, it will not be a pleasant experience for the rest of the table. On the other hand, stormwind fallacy is also a thing. Adventurers should be competent at the whole adventuring thing.
Post edited July 25, 2021 by InEffect
InEffect: InEffect#6465 messed the pasting.

Mind you, in case of pnp you absolutely should no aim to game the system. Even if your DM allows it, it will not be a pleasant experience for the rest of the table. On the other hand, stormwind fallacy is also a thing. Adventurers should be competent at the whole adventuring thing.
yeah i actually picked up on that when I was going through this topic, you and another guy had a heated debate, I think he had a point but so did you, the game is NOT the table top. I figure if I can at least immerse myself in the game and ruleset I'll at least know ya know, I figure the basic principles still apply. I would expect it to be two different approaches when dealing with builds / rulesets but still part of the same whole?
Post edited July 25, 2021 by Artemis_Entreri__
I sent you a friend request on discord, I changed my discord name to my name on here so you'd recognize me. Do you even use discord often? I want a way where we could have a conversation and not blow up a whole thread for my questions, etc.

I am especially excited to see what you do for Pathfinder:WoTR. I played the beta and holy shit... ITS EVEN MORE OVERWHELMING THAN PFKM!! so many classes and sub classes and deities and shoe sizes and pube lengths...and..wait what.. but seriously thats how much detail goes into making one char.
Hello. I’m a newcomer to the game. Wanted to know what you think of the main player build found on YouTube entitled “Pathfinder Kingmaker - Dragon Knight Build” by Bolshy Plays (can’t post the link for some reason). Here are the highlights:

Race Aasimar Angelkin All points from levels into strength

Str: 19 Dex:13 Con: 10 Int: 13 Wis: 11 Cha: 16

Level Class Feat
1 Eldritch Scion(1) Dodge
2 Scaled Fist(1) Crane Style
3 Eldritch Scion(2) Weapon Focus (Greataxe)
4 Eldritch Scion(3)
5 Eldritch Scion(4) Dazzling Display
6 Dragon Disciple(1)
7 Dragon Disciple(2) Crane Wing, Power Attack
8 Dragon Disciple(3)
9 Dragon Disciple(4) Cornugon Smash
10 Eldritch Knight (1) Shatter Defenses
11 Eldritch Knight (2) Crane Ripose
12 Eldritch Knight (3)
13 Eldritch Knight (4) Improved Critical (Greataxe)
14 Eldritch Knight (5) Weapon Specialization (Greataxe)
15 Eldritch Knight (6) Combat Expertise
16 Eldritch Knight (7)
17 Eldritch Knight (8) Greater Weapon Focus (Greataxe)
18 Eldritch Knight (9) Critical Focus
19 Eldritch Knight (10)Intimidating Prowess
20 Eldritch Scion(5) Dreadful Carnage

It seems solid but I wonder about specializing in a two-handed weapon with a magus build.

I really appreciate the help. Thank you.
Post edited July 27, 2021 by TheCruxDef
InEffect: Kinetic Valerie

Role: Tank/Disruptor

Stats:
Str: 14
Dex: 13
Con: 19 > 24
Int: 9
Wis: 10
Cha: 15

Final Build: Fighter(TSS) 5/Kineticist(Kinetic Knight) 11/Rogue(Thug) 4

Main skills: Mobility 3, Persuasion (max)
Suggested secondary skills: Perception (max), Use Magic Device (spare)

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 2: Kineticist - Fire
Lvl 3: Kineticist - Armor Focus: Heavy // Elemental Whispers: Lizard
Lvl 4: Kineticist
Lvl 5: Kineticist - Shield Focus // Dazzling Display
Lvl 6: Kineticist
Lvl 7: Kineticist - Outflank // Dazzling Infusion
Lvl 8: Kineticist - Fire’s Fury
Lvl 9: Rogue - Accomplished Sneak Attacker
Lvl 10: Kineticist - Fire > Dreadful Carnage // Water: Water
Lvl 11: Rogue - Shatter Defences // Weapon Focus: Kinetic Blast
Lvl 12: Rouge
Lvl 13: Fighter - Improved Unarmed Strike // Crane Style
Lvl 14: Kineticist
Lvl 15: Kineticist - Persuasive // Kinetic Healer
Lvl 16: Kineticist - Unraveling Infusion*
Lvl 17: Rogue - Improved Critical: Kinetic Blast // Combat Trick > Blind Fight
Lvl 18: Fighter
Lvl 19: Fighter - Skill Focus: Persuasion // Improved Initiative*
Lvl 20: Fighter
*optional can take Crane wing here while it's still bugged.

Gear: Mithral Plate, +AC gear, +Stat gear, Opportunist’s Boots.
What we achieved here exactly? 16BAB kinetic knight, which is actually pretty decent. Quite a bit of AC. Decent AB, considering we attack touch AC. High Dazzling checks, Almost full damage that kineticist would have if we qualify for sneak-attack, Massive debuffs to anything we hit. We actually hit so well that you might consider switching to Disorienting Injury.

Burn yourself as you please. She has way too much HP anyway. Use +4Con Overflow.

Pretty ok by the virtue of being kineticist(so long as you don’t compare her to actual kineticists). I kept Her TSS progression mostly so her initial level wouldn’t be a complete waste. And late-game tower shields are good(also we can’t really ramp water shield any higher than +9AC in this build anyway)

2nd Element can be whatever you feel like. We don't depend too much on that. Picked water so she can kinda maybe heal someone sometime.

Has uncanny dodge, blind-fight and evasion.

Good enough as far as I'm concerned.
Hello InEffect

Love your guides. I am currently running a 6 man party with your builds on challenging.
Mc is melee sorc
Linzy is your Bard build
Jubilost is your build
Ekundayo is your build
Valerie as this build
And a Sylvan sorc merc your build

Right now it is working like a charm.
But i have some questions about this Valerie build. I think I am not using her full potential. Right now she is outflank with my melee mc whit her kinetic fire or water sword. So she makes sneak attacks.
But nothing burn, or anything spectacular. She is level 10 like everyone else. So how could I use her? Never played a kineticist before.
After this walkthrough I would love to make your kineticist build, but I don't know how to use them.
Thx for your reply in advance.
Post edited July 30, 2021 by tsatsee
Hi InEffect. Thank you very much for your work!
Just started the game and read your "InEffect's Unfair guide" posted on Google docs, I wanted to ask a quick question, can "Melee Sorc build" be made a human race and not an aasimar? If not critical, then it is more profitable to remove 2 points from strength and leave charisma up to 18, or vice versa, and what additional talent to take on the first level?
Thank you for your time
hello, could you please make a unfair build for flame warden. Желательно без мультикласса если такое возможно
Post edited August 01, 2021 by OniBlake_______95