It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I hope it's okay to ask. Will you be posting it here or on the Unfair doc when you finish it?
Just so I know what to refresh lol.
-Rimiu-: I hope it's okay to ask. Will you be posting it here or on the Unfair doc when you finish it?
Probably here. Since feyspeaker is good at soloing things on unfair, but that's not what that guide is about and I kinda hate solo anyways, so I'd probably make it to be ok-ish for party play and will drop feyspeaker Valerie there.
Post edited March 31, 2020 by InEffect
-Rimiu-: I hope it's okay to ask. Will you be posting it here or on the Unfair doc when you finish it?
InEffect: Probably here. Since feyspeaker is good at soloing things on unfair, but that's not what that guide is about and I kinda hate solo anyways, so I'd probably make it to be ok-ish for party play and will drop feyspeaker Valerie there.
Yeah solo is quite boring I agree. I never really enjoyed that either.

Not only from a gameplay perspective but all the banter is gone as well. It's why I usually don't take mercs either since they're mute.

I'm really looking forward to the build. Thanks for doing that.
Feyspeaker Shifter

Race: Human
Alignment: LN

Stats:
Str: 18 > 22
Dex: 15>16@4
Con: 12
Int: 7
Wis: 10
Cha: 16

Final Build: Monk(Scaled Fist) 1/Druid(Feyspeaker) 17/Fighter 2
Domain: None
Pet: Leopard

Main skills: Persuasion, Mobility 3, Athletics 1, Stealth 1
Suggested secondary skills: Stealth, Athletics

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 1: Monk - Dodge // Weapon Focus: Claw // Crane Style
Lvl 2: Druid
Lvl 3: Druid - Boon Companion
Lvl 4: Druid
Lvl 5: Druid - Dazzling Display
Lvl 6: Druid
Lvl 7: Druid - Outflank
Lvl 8: Druid
Lvl 9: Druid - Crane Wing
Lvl 10: Druid
Lvl 11: Druid - Shatter
Lvl 12: Druid
Lvl 13: Druid - Natural Spell(+4Wis item)
Lvl 14: Druid
Lvl 15: Druid - Crane Riposte
Lvl 16: Druid
Lvl 17: Druid - Combat Expertise(+6Int item)
Lvl 18: Druid
Lvl 19: Fighter - Trip // Greater Trip
Lvl 20: Fighter - Fury’s Fall

Feyspeaker Spell Access*: Vanish(4), Mirror Image(6), Displacement(8), Greater Invisibility(10), Heroism(Greater)(14)
*Listed in order of taking. Unlisted levels don’t matter.

Important Spells:
Lvl1: Magic Fang, Acid Maw, Faerie Fire, Longstrider
Lvl2: Aspect of the Bear, Barkskin, Natural Rhythm, Cat’s Grace, Bull’s Strength
Lvl3: Magic Fang(Greater), Mirror Image, Spike Growth, Resist Energy(Communal)
Lvl4: Thorn Body, Echolocation, Displacement, Protection from Energy(Communal)
Lvl5: Aspect of the Wolf, Geniekind, Greater Invisibility
Lvl6: Summon Nature’s Ally VI, Cure Light Wounds(Mass)
Lvl7: Legendary Proportions, Creeping Doom
Lvl8: Frightful Aspect, Seamantle
Lvl9: Foresight

Gear:
Early game: Staff, or flaming nunchucks. AC items. 2xArcane protector in A2(one at the bandit camp at the bridge and the other on Bartho. Dude’s gotta die.). Add amulet of mighty fists when you start shifting.
Late-game: Perfection, Arcane Protector, Amulet of mighty Fists+5, Manticore Claws, Cloak of Winter Wolf, Ring of Circumstances(Str, Dex, Cha, Con), Bracers +8, Opportunist’s Boots, Belt/hat+8, Ring of Ultimate Protection, Any robe*
*No robes ever meld into the form afaik, so it doesn’t matter.

Shapeshift AB/Damage, what stacks: Magic fang(+1), Magic Fang Greater(+4), Manticore Claws(+2), Amulet of Mighty Fists(+5)=+12AB/Damage

Str Stacking, +8Belt+6Legendary+2Elixir+2RoC+4Smilodon=+22Str

AC Calculation:
10Base+2Perfection+3Arcane Protector+5Deflection+1Dodge+8Bracers+8Dex+9Cha+5Barkskin+6Frightful+6Legendary+4Smilodon+2Foresight-1Size=68A C. +4Crane=72AC. +4Wing=76 melee AC. +4Shield infusion=80 melee AC, 76 Ranged AC. Overkill, but we needed the crane feats for the earlygame anyhow.

Total AB Calculation 11BAB+17Str+2Perfection+12Natural Weapon Buffs-1Size-1Fighting Defensively+4Heroism=44AB self-buffed, 45 for claws.
+3Bard song+2Sacred(Ecclesi)+1Haste=50(51)AB. +4flanking=54(55) +2Abadar/nobility=56 +10-2Sacred Erastil/Community=64
All 5 attacks are made at full BAB.

Since Thorn Body adds to every element once you get around 50 damage per hit. Not insane, but pretty ok so long as you don’t compete with the saint in damage olympics. With trips and all that should be around 400DPR. You also have Pounce with a smilodon form, and more than enough AC to take a charge, so you won’t waste time running around.

Early game you support a pet and try not to face-tank too much. We’ve taken leopard mostly cause it gains AC/AB/Damage from just one cat’s grace, so we can have buffs too. We gain our first form roughly at the same time we get to A2 and start finding arcane protectors(and as our lame AB finally catches up to us). Wolf is not amazing, but it’s better than sitting around. You'd also need to get Jubi asap and take infusion first order of business on him, cause shield spell will do you some good. We’re mostly a tanky boy with a pet for now. It gets significantly better later as we’d be able to finally cast in the shapeshift at 13 and as such can cast magic fangs on ourselves. If you are ever stuck, druid comes with a lot of cheese. First of all spikes. Those have no saves against damage and do pretty decent damage. Just get your fast pet out there and kite stuff around those. It’s cheesy and it works. Then you also get creeping doom that does roughly the same automatically - keeping one of those ready is a good idea.

I'd be able to drag the thing through unfair, so I guess it's viable for that

Think that’s pretty much it. If you find something missing - blame the damned fey.
Post edited June 15, 2020 by InEffect
Thank you so much for this.

Gonna be honest and will say that I do will start from scratch.

I lost the ability to get the 2nd Arcane protector and I don't really like using mods or cheat items into the game.
I also had 1 Artisan quest bug out and it became uncompletable and a dead entry(not failed) in my log.

I think I will take what I learnt from Challenging and will give Hard a go.

I was looking at your Unfair guide for general tips and I have one question.
You said you take Harrim over Jaethal at the tomb even though you take Jaethal into the main party later.
When do you turn on Party XP in this case to make her raise to your lvl since she is injured and doesn't join you if you took Harrim and Tristian over her. I noticed you can get only 2 out of 3.
-Rimiu-: Thank you so much for this.

I lost the ability to get the 2nd Arcane protector and I don't really like using mods or cheat items into the game.
I also had 1 Artisan quest bug out and it became uncompletable and a dead entry(not failed) in my log.

You said you take Harrim over Jaethal at the tomb even though you take Jaethal into the main party later.
When do you turn on Party XP in this case to make her raise to your lvl since she is injured and doesn't join you if you took Harrim and Tristian over her. I noticed you can get only 2 out of 3.
If you want jaethal - just stick with Harrim and rescue Tristian last. Old bugger is not that much worse apart from eccllesi sacred buff is pretty good early. I pretty much never use her, really, so I go for her last. Really, if I wanted vivisectionist - amiri does it better and ekun does inquisitor things better.
Post edited April 01, 2020 by InEffect
-Rimiu-: Thank you so much for this.

InEffect: If you want jaethal - just stick with Harrim and rescue Tristian last. Old bugger is not that much worse apart from eccllesi sacred buff is pretty good early. I pretty much never use her, really, so I go for her last. Really, if I wanted vivisectionist - amiri does it better and ekun does inquisitor things better.
Wow, for some reason I assumed you always use her. Do you go with a merc cleric then or Tristian? or... no cleric at all later and just scrolls?
-Rimiu-: Wow, for some reason I assumed you always use her. Do you go with a merc cleric then or Tristian? or... no cleric at all later and just scrolls?
I usually use tristian till he buggers off and then hire a proper merc.Sometimes I swap him again at 20 for a real murder machine cleric/theurge merc or go cleric/theurge from the teens.
Companion clerics are one thing I can't stand. I can fix most scuffed things to be usable, but clerics with pre-selected garbage gods and domains grind my gears. Why couldn't they just make Jaethal LE Fighter1 with no god or something? That'd be so much better for building.
InEffect: I usually use tristian till he buggers off and then hire a proper merc.Sometimes I swap him again at 20 for a real murder machine cleric/theurge merc or go cleric/theurge from the teens.
Companion clerics are one thing I can't stand. I can fix most scuffed things to be usable, but clerics with pre-selected garbage gods and domains grind my gears. Why couldn't they just make Jaethal LE Fighter1 with no god or something? That'd be so much better for building.
I didn't know they were this bad.

Allow me one last question. When do you usually turn on Party XP sharing(aside from characters joining) and leave it on?
-Rimiu-: I didn't know they were this bad.

Allow me one last question. When do you usually turn on Party XP sharing(aside from characters joining) and leave it on?
I usually go with no sharing in a party of 4 till I get jubi and ekun, then turn it off forever. Skill-check exp too, except I turn it off for persuasion checks. It's really a small amount of exp, but it's nice to cut the dreaded 1-6 levels as short as possible. Having no real tools at your disposal is not fun.

If I had to go all game on one setting I'd do exp goes to skill user and exp gets shared. That way I'd still get 20 reasonably fast on persuasion checks.
InEffect: or go cleric/theurge from the teens.
I haven't seen any Theurge build for Tristian except the one from Roahin a year ago that you commented on and it seems you changed your stance on Theurge. I hope it's okay to ask this lol but can I go with that build?
-Rimiu-: I haven't seen any Theurge build for Tristian except the one from Roahin a year ago that you commented on and it seems you changed your stance on Theurge. I hope it's okay to ask this lol but can I go with that build?
I didn't change my stance on theurge. Only companion that even kinda does it would be Harrim. I meant a theurge merc.
Thing with theurge is they are not worth it till they are. Meaning it's total garbage till late teens or, prefereably, lvl20. And merc fits in perfectly cause one can ramp MC with persuasion check and get a lvl20 cleric right at pitax. It also has to be a wizard/theurge and no companions can really do it.
Post edited April 02, 2020 by InEffect
InEffect: ...
Thanks for the clarification and sorry for assuming otherwise then. I guess I misunderstood the discussion completely then.
Hello.

Decided to start a new run on unfair since i have lots of time now thanks to the whole corona thing. Never played an archer or unfair before so i wanted to ask if it would be viable enough. I would go 12 Deliverer 4 Thug and 2 Eldritch Archer 1 Vivisectionist. It should end up with 8d6 sneak attack 2d6 divine damage from anathema with 7 attacks per round. Vivi for the sneak attack dice and mutagen. Thug for the sneak attack, frightening, brutal beating and double debilitating injury. Eldritch for the extra attack.

Would it work? Is there something i can to do improve it?
Isigor: Hello.

Decided to start a new run on unfair since i have lots of time now thanks to the whole corona thing. Never played an archer or unfair before so i wanted to ask if it would be viable enough. I would go 12 Deliverer 4 Thug and 2 Eldritch Archer 1 Vivisectionist. It should end up with 8d6 sneak attack 2d6 divine damage from anathema with 7 attacks per round. Vivi for the sneak attack dice and mutagen. Thug for the sneak attack, frightening, brutal beating and double debilitating injury. Eldritch for the extra attack.

Would it work? Is there something i can to do improve it?
well... you could be using my eldritch archer from unfair guilde. That'd certainly improve things with the same 8d6 sneaks, but 1-2 hellfire rays per rounds when going nova on top of that. For a deliverer... I guess Deliverer12/EA8 is alright. At least would get some spells and magus arcana and CL11 scorching rays with burning ammy. Probably would even get reach meta to fill lvl3 spells with scorching rays as well.
Post edited April 03, 2020 by InEffect