It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bearcat722: I think you may run into the same problem trying to take Shatter Defenses at level 9 - the BAB is just one short. Shifting things around works just fine though to get it later on.

I really only noticed because I've been playing through the dragons build, and I really love it. It's a lot of fun!
it's 9 for outflank and 11 for shatter. Still before you get to shift at all, so it's fine. Only problem is you'd need alchemist for barkskin(assuming you want to use amulet of mighty fists) till you get legendary and dragonforms. I also Need to fit in Frightful aspect somewhere at level 8 there due to how it stacks after "fixes", as I tested that fully just yesterday.

Really I am reluctant to go back and redo old builds for modern meta mostly cause I have no clue what owlcat will break with the next patch. I think I'll wait with that till the last DLC hits.
Post edited April 28, 2019 by InEffect
bearcat722: I think you may run into the same problem trying to take Shatter Defenses at level 9 - the BAB is just one short. Shifting things around works just fine though to get it later on.

I really only noticed because I've been playing through the dragons build, and I really love it. It's a lot of fun!
InEffect: it's 9 for outflank and 11 for shatter. Still before you get to shift at all, so it's fine. Only problem is you'd need alchemist for barkskin(assuming you want to use amulet of mighty fists) till you get legendary and dragonforms. I also Need to fit in Frightful aspect somewhere at level 8 there due to how it stacks after "fixes", as I tested that fully just yesterday.

Really I am reluctant to go back and redo old builds for modern meta mostly cause I have no clue what owlcat will break with the next patch. I think I'll wait with that till the last DLC hits.
Honestly what you've put together to this point is amazing. Thank you! It's really helped me navigate builds and learn how to get to certain points for certain feats and how things stack with one another. I really appreciate it.
Valerie Bard.

Stats:
Str: 14 > 18(+4DD+2valor)
Dex: 13
Con: 19
Int: 9
Wis: 10
Cha: 15 > 16 @ 20(+2valor)

Final Build: Fighter(TSS) 5 / Bard 11 / Dragon Disciple 4

Main skills: Mobility 3, Knowledge: Arcana 5
Suggested secondary skills: Perception (max), Use Magic Device (max), Athletics/Stealth(spare)

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 2: Bard
Lvl 3: Bard - Improved Unarmed // CT>Crane Style
Lvl 4: Bard
Lvl 5: Bard - Shield Focus
Lvl 6: Bard
Lvl 7: Bard - Outflank // CT>Crane Wing
Lvl 8: Bard
Lvl 9: Bard - Lingering Song
Lvl 10: Dragon Disciple
Lvl 11: Dragon Disciple - Crane Riposte // Improved initiative
Lvl 12: Dragon Disciple
Lvl 13: Dragon Disciple - Weapon Focus: Bastard Sword
Lvl 14: Fighter - Dazzling Display
Lvl 15: Fighter - Shatter Defenses
Lvl 16: Fighter - Armor Focus: Medium
Lvl 17: Fighter - Skill Focus: Perception
Lvl 18: Bard
Lvl 19: Bard - Weapon Specialization: Bastard // CT > Improved Crit: Bastard
Lvl 20: Bard

Spells by level in order of importance:
Lvl 1: Remove Fear, Cure Light Wounds, Vanish, Unbreakable Heart
Lvl 2: Mirror Image, Heroism, Cat’s Grace, Cure Moderate Wounds, Sense Vitals
Lvl 3: Good Hope, Cure Serious Wounds, Haste, Featherstep(Mass), Delay Poison(communal)
Lvl 4: Greater Invisibility, Echolocation, Cure Critical Wounds, Break Enchantment
Lvl 5: Heroism(Greater), Dispel Magic(Greater), Joyful Rapture

Gear: mithral heavy>Singing Steel, Arcane Protector>Oppressor, Most AC shield > Walls of the Sanctuary, Cha hat > Paragon of Defenders(+Oppressor), +Stats(endgame Star soldier+Devil’s sash), Charon’s touch, ring of evasion, +6Cloak, Honor of death, Gyronna, Manticore boots, Lesser quicken rod, pet, lantern.

Valerie proves she can be anything you need her to be once again. If you need both a front-liner and a bard it will do just fine Don’t be afraid of -2 penalty on tower shield. She won’t hit much till she gets shatter defenses anyways and after she will just need to land 1 hit to go at it. Damage is not too impressive with only scaling being sense vitals, but the build is not about it.

To buff while wearing heavy plate remove it out of combat, buff and put armor back again. It's not too taxing since she'll only have to do mirror/heroism/good hope and all of those last for a long time.

Touch AC kinda sucks, but there is little we can do about that and it's overrated anyways.
Post edited May 07, 2020 by InEffect
Gotta say, I love your valerie builds particularly the core and annoying dragon ones. I especially liked the latter and will probably end up running both core valerie and MC using a similar build to the annoying dragon in a later playthrough.
How would you adapt that build for MC? I was thinking that taking scaled fist at level 1 and go unarmored would free up a lot of feats (no arcane armor feats to take) -but I guess would need to go for 1 proficiency feat unless I plan on sticking to quarterstaves.
volklore: Gotta say, I love your valerie builds particularly the core and annoying dragon ones. I especially liked the latter and will probably end up running both core valerie and MC using a similar build to the annoying dragon in a later playthrough.
How would you adapt that build for MC? I was thinking that taking scaled fist at level 1 and go unarmored would free up a lot of feats (no arcane armor feats to take) -but I guess would need to go for 1 proficiency feat unless I plan on sticking to quarterstaves.
Dragon sorc is fun to play. Although I'd avoid playing two tip-heavy builds.
If you want a fun MC arcane tank I'd recommend Dex Scion that I conveniently reworked recently with modern cheese implemented.
I guess if you absolutely want a sorc gish you can go monk1/sorc5/DD4/EK10 by taking martial weapons prof to qualify for EK.
Post edited May 03, 2019 by InEffect
Hey there,

I really enjoy your builds and appreciate the time you take on creating them, have a question for you if it will not bother, I like the idea of the Mad Doge build, would such build work on a hard difficulty run or would you suggest some changes, maybe it's not even feasible? What's are your thpughts on that build as of now? Appreciate your time and efforrts. Take care.
Embig: Hey there,

I really enjoy your builds and appreciate the time you take on creating them, have a question for you if it will not bother, I like the idea of the Mad Doge build, would such build work on a hard difficulty run or would you suggest some changes, maybe it's not even feasible? What's are your thpughts on that build as of now? Appreciate your time and efforrts. Take care.
Problem with pets is they don't scale all too well into higher difficulties. They are nice at the start invariably, but the higher the difficulty the less of an impact they'll have.

Mad Dog14/Archaeologist2/DD4 can be viable with spells from Ovinrbaane if he grabs heavy armor training, shatter, crane wing(that does work with 2h for now) and every AC item under the sun plus defensive stance and medium totem. Will be kinda hard to fit everything in though and you'd have to forgo the whole sacred huntsmaster thing.
Mad Dog14/Alchemist3/Sacred3. Might have enough AC for hard as well, but I'm not so sure about feats.
Post edited May 04, 2019 by InEffect
i spent 3 days to what should i play thanks for the all builds i saw * on linzi's build is it still viable?
xxefsane: i spent 3 days to what should i play thanks for the all builds i saw * on linzi's build is it still viable?
Will be fine on challenging. I am redoing old ones slowly, Not in a hurry by any means as chances are next dlc will break the metagame again. It's more of a mark for "this was done at launch and can be optimized a lot better,"
Hello! Made an account just to ask this :)

On your dex scion build, how do you take weapon focus at level 1 with the 0 BAB from Magus?
Post edited May 04, 2019 by Landsey
InEffect: Dex Scion

Final Build: Magus(Eldritch Scion) 19/Monk(Scaled Fist) 1

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 1: Magus - Weapon Finesse // Weapon Focus: Longsword
I'm trying to build my character on this build, but you can't have Weapon Focus Longsword at level 1 as Magus has 0 BAB and the feat requires 1 BAB.
Hickory: I'm trying to build my character on this build, but you can't have Weapon Focus Longsword at level 1 as Magus has 0 BAB and the feat requires 1 BAB.
Landsey: Hello! Made an account just to ask this :)

On your dex scion build, how do you take weapon focus at level 1 with the 0 BAB from Magus?
Yeah dropped the ball there. Fixed.
InEffect: Yeah dropped the ball there. Fixed.
Thanks.
Thanks for the builds, they've been working out really well for me.

Also used the Respec mod to rebuild Amari as a invulnerable Rager, and combined that with the build you have for her and I don't think she's D-ranked anymore...
Nealend86: Thanks for the builds, they've been working out really well for me.

Also used the Respec mod to rebuild Amari as a invulnerable Rager, and combined that with the build you have for her and I don't think she's D-ranked anymore...
Depends on the difficulty. They higher it goes the less of an impact DR has. That and the fact that her stat distribution is kinda meh.

I wonder if I should make "fixing the cripples" section on how to fix under-performing companions with a respec mod while keeping them lore-friendly. It's not something I am particularly interested in myself, but I might do it for the people that want those for whatever reason.
Post edited May 05, 2019 by InEffect