It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

41 y.o. fan of blobbers.
21 :D
drakton: Since this is an old school game I am curious about what is the age range of people playing LoG. My guess is the average would be around late 30s?
Well I'm about to raise that average: I'm 63 hehehe.
I'm 41.

Returned to this game today and gosh... I found it so damn boring.
The number of press-plate puzzles is so high that kill the peace of the game.

Also, small improvements from EOB era, like the all attack button, are gone.
The whole game is just damn slow and uninteresting.

The same skeleton all over.
Same flaying monsters all over.

if wasn't for lack of games like this, I would not bother playing it at all.
I have to try the second.
OldOldGamer: I have to try the second.
The second is a considerably different game than the first. It has a lot of the same mechanics, true, but there's a much wider scope presented in it than the first.

Not to say you won't possibly find yourself hit with the "why am I fighting the same enemy" deja vu blues all over again but there's definitely a wider variety of enemies (and other things) to be had in it in general.

I started of with C64 but moved on to the Amiga shortly after.
BardsTale was my first actual purchase and i never finished it on the Amiga. But today i did with the remastered version. Also a little easier to play.

But Grimrock i like because its like Dungeon Master. Kind of wishing of a remastered version of Dungeon Master.
So far, i finished Grimrock 1 after it was on hold for a while. Really great.
Now i play the 2nd part. So far so good.

Thanks and all the best.
I'm nearly 62, my first dungeon was playing Adventure on a mainframe around 1980, but my first computer game was a chess game in 75, also on a mainframe. It was so bad I beat it. I started paper gaming with the early dnd in the 70's. Somehow I missed grimrock when it was new, just catching up.