It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Does anyone have a working link to the Gothic 1 Systempack 1.7? All links I've tried take you to some weird Russian site called Yandex Disk, and won't let you download it without creating an account.
The_Atomik_Punk: Does anyone have a working link to the Gothic 1 Systempack 1.7? All links I've tried take you to some weird Russian site called Yandex Disk, and won't let you download it without creating an account.
I recommend giving this active site a try. It seems there are several patches, but I am not sure if the one you're looking for is there (I don't play the 1st Gothic).

I hope this helps you!

[url=]https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_folder4.htm#4[/url]

or copy/paste this into your browser:
https://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_folder4.htm#4
The_Atomik_Punk: Does anyone have a working link to the Gothic 1 Systempack 1.7? All links I've tried take you to some weird Russian site called Yandex Disk, and won't let you download it without creating an account.
Really? I don't have an account there and yet I've never had a problem with downloading files from there. Just click "Download" (or the download icon for separate files) instead of "Save to Yandex.Disk".
Attachments:
mmarci: Decided to copy all these posts in one for easier navigation - Gothic series modding guide

Gothic 1

1. Install the game
2. Install Player Kit
3. Install System Pack
4. Install Textures_Patch_Freddy-0.8.exe
5. Install ThielHater's texture patch

Gothic 2

1. Install the game
2. Rename gothic.exe to gothic2.exe in /system
3. Install this patch
4. Go on with the PlayerKit
5. Install SystemPack
6. Install the D3D11 renderer
7. Download and extract the base game normalmaps to system\GD3D11
8. Download and extract Vurt's improved textures normalmaps to system\GD3D11\replacements

This gives you the enhanced Gold Edition without any significant game play changes.

Gothic 3

For those who would like to play through G3 for the *insert appropriate number* time, here's some additional information as the OP is slightly outdated. I will also post links and installation guidelines for the most commonly used mods.

1. Install the game
2. Get the latest community patch
3. Update the community patch with the latest fix
4. Install Questpaket
5. Patch QP 4.2 to make it compatible with the latest community patch
6. Install the latest Content mod
7. OPTIONAL: If your game stutters or have performance issues, consider using Gothic 3 Cleanup, quick guide here.
8. Enjoy the massively enhanced game

Note to GoG: it would be awesome if you dedicated resources to host mods for these old games as well, external links are taken down on a regular basis.
I have to agree with the "Note to GoG:" because links are broken and it's been a devil of a time trying to get what is needed so I can play.
Post edited August 24, 2017 by bentindahead
helpo1: Really? I don't have an account there and yet I've never had a problem with downloading files from there. Just click "Download" (or the download icon for separate files) instead of "Save to Yandex.Disk".
My bad man; turns out my ad-blocker(s) were preventing me from downloading from that page. I previously clicked on where you indicated, but to no avail. After disabling those Firefox addons, I'm good to go! Thanks for taking the time to help me out bud!
I just got Gothic 1, but whenever I go into dialogue everything gets really choppy and the graphics flicker all over the place. This also happens sometimes when I'm walking around the game. Is there a fix for this?
Hello everybody, I finally got these gems, and the feel is the same I got when I first played them: good games, great story line and, most importantly, a wonderful play area. They definitely stood the test of time!
Anyway, I'm playing gothic1 and I installed the mods that mmarci recommended (first post of page 6). From what I understand these are just graphic improvements and do not alter the game in any way, right? do you think they are useful in any way?
I am trying to play it as vanilla as it gets, and I'm starting to wonder whether thesemodifications do improve the aesthetics of the game or if they are just bloating it.
Thank you!
ddios: Hello everybody, I finally got these gems, and the feel is the same I got when I first played them: good games, great story line and, most importantly, a wonderful play area. They definitely stood the test of time!
Anyway, I'm playing gothic1 and I installed the mods that mmarci recommended (first post of page 6). From what I understand these are just graphic improvements and do not alter the game in any way, right? do you think they are useful in any way?
I am trying to play it as vanilla as it gets, and I'm starting to wonder whether thesemodifications do improve the aesthetics of the game or if they are just bloating it.
Thank you!
Modding the Gothic series in general is very different to modding your average video game. I would say mods are mandatory to enjoy these game in the first place, but even if you decide to play the first two without any alterations, make sure you mod G3 - otherwise you are in for the massive disappointment of an unfinished mess riddled with bugs. Here's what the mods do:

Systempack - this mod improves your experience of playing the first two games on modern PCs, absolutely essential in my opinion. Improved settings, scalability, better load times, technical bugfixes, no FPS limit - a no brainer. No gameplay changes.
Playerkit - enhances modding capabilities, minor bugfixes. Required for most mods, no gameplay changes.
Texture packs, D3D11 renderer - make the game look better. Gothic I is 16 years old and it shows; the improvement is massive. No gameplay changes.
G3 community patch, QP, CM - transforms an average game to exceptional. Far better graphics, stability and a well-balanced gameplay. Literally the whole game has been re-balanced - massive changes.
Post edited August 26, 2017 by mmarci
mmarci: [...] make sure you mod G3 - otherwise you are in for the massive disappointment of an unfinished mess riddled with bugs. Here's what the mods do:

[...]
G3 community patch, QP, CM - transforms an average game to exceptional. Far better graphics, stability and a well-balanced gameplay. Literally the whole game has been re-balanced - massive changes.
I agree with the Community Patch being essential, but the Questpaket and Content Mod (QP and CM) are not, especially for a first-time player.
Questpaket mostly adds a few nice quests, re-balances things here and there and adds items. Unfortunately, new quests for the game obviously involve non-original/fan-made voices for various characters, or alternatively none at all. This can be a bit jarring, especially when the player character suddenly speaks with a different (though pretty good) voice during a random conversation.
The Content Mod is fine and re-balances the game a bit further, adding content too (obviously). It can be used without the QP quests, but isn't designed to be and the changes aren't that significant to recommend it to everyone.

I like both mods and re-play the game with them installed most of the time, but they aren't essential in my opinion, like the Community Patch is. The most important things, bug fixes and changed learning points and fighting AI balance are already there with it alone.
mmarci: [...] make sure you mod G3 - otherwise you are in for the massive disappointment of an unfinished mess riddled with bugs. Here's what the mods do:

[...]
Urnoev: I agree with the Community Patch being essential, but the Questpaket and Content Mod (QP and CM) are not, especially for a first-time player.
[...]
I like both mods and re-play the game with them installed most of the time, but they aren't essential in my opinion, like the Community Patch is. The most important things, bug fixes and changed learning points and fighting AI balance are already there with it alone.
Agreed, I should have provided a bit more information there.
mmarci: Modding the Gothic series in general is very different to modding your average video game. I would say mods are mandatory to enjoy these game in the first place, but even if you decide to play the first two without any alterations, make sure you mod G3 - otherwise you are in for the massive disappointment of an unfinished mess riddled with bugs. Here's what the mods do:

Systempack - this mod improves your experience of playing the first two games on modern PCs, absolutely essential in my opinion. Improved settings, scalability, better load times, technical bugfixes, no FPS limit - a no brainer. No gameplay changes.
Playerkit - enhances modding capabilities, minor bugfixes. Required for most mods, no gameplay changes.
Texture packs, D3D11 renderer - make the game look better. Gothic I is 16 years old and it shows; the improvement is massive. No gameplay changes.
Thanks! You have been very helpful!
ddios: Hello everybody, I finally got these gems, and the feel is the same I got when I first played them: good games, great story line and, most importantly, a wonderful play area. They definitely stood the test of time!
Thank you!
mmarci: Modding the Gothic series in general is very different to modding your average video game. I would say mods are mandatory to enjoy these game in the first place, but even if you decide to play the first two without any alterations, make sure you mod G3 - otherwise you are in for the massive disappointment of an unfinished mess riddled with bugs. Here's what the mods do:

If you're interested in keeping the game as vanilla as possible, I would personally skip the texture pack & D3D11 renderer. IMHO, while thing look more "modern", they don't look better; there's an aesthetic charm to the original graphical style which is lost with the D3D11 renderer and texture pack. Systempack and playerkit are essential, necessary improvements, however.
Someone released a rather big patch on WoG yesterday, one of those "unofficial", but this one seems legit and not adding any "restored" or unneeded content; it's focused on fixing bugs still present in the vanilla Gothic II.

I would post a changelog, but it's massive, so no go for that, but I can share with the link to it.
Post edited September 09, 2017 by Czudowny
Hey!

Could anyone help me with my gothic 1 mod install?

According to this thread, player kit, system pack and texture mods for gothic 1 should be installed in this order:

1. Install the game
2. Install Player Kit
3. Install System Pack
4. Install Textures_Patch_Freddy-0.8.exe
5. Install ThielHater's texture patch

What If I wanted to install the golden mod in addition to those mentioned above. Should I install such mod before or after texture mods and system pack?

Would it make most sense to install such mod after system pack, but before texture mods? :)

Thx in advantage!
Post edited October 01, 2017 by loup
mmarci: Gothic 1

3. Install System Pack

Gothic 2

5. Install SystemPack
Great instructions, thank you. I am just wondering exactly which system packs I install, since there are several listed on that page.

For Gothic1 I don't know if it should be 'G1Classic-SystemPack-1.7.exe', 'SystemPack_mdb.7z' or both.

For Gothic2 I don't know if it should be 'G2Classic-SystemPack-1.7.exe', 'G2NoTR-SystemPack-1.7.exe', 'G2Odyssey-SystemPack-1.7.exe', 'G2Returning-SystemPack-1.7.exe', 'SystemPack_mdb.7z', or all of them.

Note my copies of both games are the GoG editions.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Post edited October 20, 2017 by fujiJuice