It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hmm, I can't actually remember. Reading through this last page, I'm reminded that I completed Arkham City (and possibly Asylum just before it came out) but that's about it. I've played a lot of fighting games, and you don't really complete those, and then I've done my usual thing of absolutely loving a game but just somehow not completing it. I love the dangan out of Dragon's Dogma, but didn't even get anywhere near the final boss. Mmm, Mercedes...
Post edited November 14, 2012 by Export
I finished The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay last week. I thought I'll post it together with Dark Athena, but I am yet to start that one. (It's Defender's Quest's fault)
Butcher Bay is good game.
I am not sure what to say about it. Hmm, melee fight is interesting, but I had some problems with it. Guards were sometimes (quite often) acting strangely, mostly when I was hiding and wanted to sneak kill them. Like they suddenly started to wildly run around or found me when it should be impossible for them to see me.
I liked the world and the setting and gameplay was good most of time.
I think I'll become writer. :-)

It deserves 7.5/10.

Full list.
Post edited October 13, 2013 by Vitek
I can't believe I'm saying this but....I finished point and click adventure. Short one and quite easy too. But still...

I just finished PISS. It's was quite fun, and I didn't really expect it will end the way it did. Anything I write would be spoiler as it's too short to write anything spoilerfree.

...and now onto... Trine maybe?
I finally finished Silver, 13 years after I first tried it.

Yeah...that one didn't exactly hold up that well, IMO. what with some infuriating control issues and the rather barebones story. Well, at least I can lay that game to rest now.
Not so many games played this year, too much time spent at work. Anyway heres my short list..

Finished
Trine
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

Currently Playing
Moto Racer
Die by the Sword

Up next
Deus Ex GOTY
IronStar: I can't believe I'm saying this but....I finished point and click adventure. Short one and quite easy too. But still...

I just finished PISS. It's was quite fun, and I didn't really expect it will end the way it did. Anything I write would be spoiler as it's too short to write anything spoilerfree.

...and now onto... Trine maybe?
And afterword, how one of the remaining Summerbatch adventures? Patchwork is another really short one, though maybe a bit harder than PISS.
Overlord (with the Raising Hell expansion). Overall a solid game, with some funny moments, though a bit on the easy side, and the expansion areas were not nearly as fun as the ones from the core game. I did enjoy the fact that the game did not tell me outright where to go next, but instead encouraged some exploration.
Just finished playing through Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo: Reach, and Halo Wars... in a little under two weeks. I still haven't figured out if that's because I have way too much spare time on my hands, or the games are shorter than I had thought. Either way, it was quite enjoyable.

Of those five, Halo is my least favorite. The story is pretty good, but the gameplay is pretty dated. There is also a lack of mission variety. It usually boiled down to: go to first area, fight a wave or two or three of enemies; go to next area, repeat; oh, Hunter fight (and I seriously did not remember there being so many Hunter fights); go to next area, fight another couple of waves. Still, I guess it is a testament to Bungie's game-developing abilities that despite its showing age, I still found Halo to be a fun play.

Halo 2 had better gameplay and the story was pretty good. I still think the Arbiter was an awesome addition to the series; I even liked playing his portions. A bit more difficult, but fun because it was a little different. I can't stand Miranda's voice actress, though.

Halo 3 is, in my opinion, the best when it comes to story and overall atmosphere. The slight improvements to the gameplay were nice, too.

Halo: Reach has the best gameplay. I guess it makes sense that their final game had the tightest control and most refined experience. The story is pretty good, too, and it does an effective job of creating a you-are-going-to-lose-no-matter-what atmosphere. If I had any complaint it would be that the ending comes a little suddenly. Also, I found the interaction between the SPARTAN III's and Halsey a little weird. Maybe it's because I don't know much of the back-story, but it just seemed a little off. I did, however, like the subtle difference in Jorge's feelings toward and his interactions with her.

And finally, Halo Wars. For me, the perfect strategy game, in that it actually requires little strategy at all. The cutscenes are incredible and the gameplay suits me perfectly. Story is pretty good, too, even though throughout most of it I had this strange feeling that something didn't fit right with the Halo universe's canon (one example being the stark difference between the Serina A.I. and AUNTIE DOT from Reach).

Overall, though, I greatly enjoyed each entry. Hopefully I will some day get Halo 3: ODST and Halo 4.
Post edited November 15, 2012 by Daedalus1138
Alpha Protocol is finished, and wow, was that a game or what! I didn't experience any game-breaking bugs, and really enjoyed pretty much everything about the game. The only minor quibble I had with the game was the difficulty of doing a true stealth playthrough, most missions devolved into guns blazing.

This game has a lot of personality, all the characters have their own unique personalities. There are many humorous moments in the game, but it shows that the game doesn't take itself too seriously which is welcome, because the plot while interesting isn't the most amazing.

The conversation system was fantastic, affecting how others viewed you, and the impact your choices had later on down the line, and the freedom with which you take tasks, really made this game refreshing to play. The pure amount of choice I had really made the game enjoyable to play, including some inadvertent events that I didn't expect or necessarily want to happen.

Overall, a highly recommended game, overlooked by most, but definitely one of my favorite games I've played this year.

So far:
Just Cause 2
Cave Story+
Area 51
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
XIII
Star Wars: Jedi Academy
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Metro 2033
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Mirror's Edge
Thief II: The Metal Age
Alan Wake
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Unreal Gold (including Return to Na Pali)
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Alpha Protocol
Just finished Trine

Now can someone please explain me why did everyone rave so much about it? Only really nice thing is art, and everything else was...meh. Maybe I expected too much? Anyway [spoilers ahead!] It was cakewalk for most part, only place I had some issues with it is last level, and even there i got to the top few times before managing to finish it, but got killed there. The knight was mostly useless after archer got 2nd arrow, and even more useless after fire arrow, and almost completely useless in final levels.
Just finished the action-packed Prototype 2 (PC).

Here's my 2012 finished games list:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post796
IronStar: Just finished Trine

Now can someone please explain me why did everyone rave so much about it? Only really nice thing is art, and everything else was...meh. Maybe I expected too much? Anyway [spoilers ahead!] It was cakewalk for most part, only place I had some issues with it is last level, and even there i got to the top few times before managing to finish it, but got killed there. The knight was mostly useless after archer got 2nd arrow, and even more useless after fire arrow, and almost completely useless in final levels.
I think it was mostly the art and the excellent fairy-tale atmosphere. If you play it strictly for the puzzles I can see how it can feel unsatisfying.
Reprisal. A Populous "clone". It was considerably shorter (but Populous had 500 levels, most of which were rather similar). Overall it was quite nice, and while it had a lot less content than Populous, it all worked a little bit better. It was less repetitive and you could not quite abuse your powers against the AI like you could in Populous.
IronStar: Just finished Trine

kalirion: I think it was mostly the art and the excellent fairy-tale atmosphere. If you play it strictly for the puzzles I can see how it can feel unsatisfying.
eah, I really can relate to art and atmosphere. I didn't play it strictly for puzzles, but the game overall was bit too easy and repetitive for my taste.

And now, onto...Sacrifice? Might as well play Patchwork while I'm waiting to get my TV up and running to play some ps2 games.
Dead Space
Tron Evolution
Dead Space 2
Venetica
Mega Man: Network Transmission
Duke Nukem Forever
BloodRayne
Hard Reset
LIMBO
BloodRayne 2
Bob Came in Pieces
Mega Man 10
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Resident Evil (GameCube remake)
Cave Story+ (normal ending only)
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Jade Empire: Special Edition
Alan Wake (+ both DLCs - The Signal & The Writer)
American McGee's Alice
Resident Evil 5
Project I.G.I.
Bulletstorm
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
Kingpin: Life of Crime
Risen
Red Faction Armageddon
Scarygirl
Red Dead Revolver
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Vessel
Dark Void
System Shock 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins

-------- since then

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet (Beautiful art design and a lot of fun. Very similar to Aquaria, which I probably enjoyed more)
Rochard (awesome, hilarious and highly polished, but pretty short)
Post edited November 18, 2012 by Thiefer