It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finished Modern Warfare 3, on my brother's account so I don't have to buy it until it's pretty cheap.

I'm not sure it's much use comparing two different CoDs on a community like this, but I actually thought the campaign was very inferior to MW2. Less surprises, the scenery felt (even) more forced, and it lacked a proper climax.

Edit: also finished Rogue Trooper. Pretty good, too bad it wasn't much of a success in it's time.

Edit 2: finished my first round of Depths of Peril. The amount of things to take care of at once was pretty overwhelming. I only won because I was lucky to recruit a rogue with a higher level than everyone else, making it easier to go item hunting and making alliances, while one of the two factions who remained my enemies destroyed the other.

I don't think I'll be back for another round (not a fan of games with unending gameplay), but it was cool while it lasted.

Games finished so far:
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Darwinia, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Shadowgrounds, Braid, And Yet it Moves, Modern Warfare 2, Shank, Dead Space, Kane & Lynch 2, Modern Warfare 3, Rogue Trooper, Depths of Peril.
Post edited May 03, 2012 by Drakhyrr
My April List

Dragon Crystal
Chex Quest 3
Toki Tori
Moon
999 (ending 3, ending 5, ending 6)
Legend of Grimrock
Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel
Botanicula
Super Mario Bros.
Painkiller: Battle out of Hell

Full list
The Baconing. A humorous hack & slash game, that actually managed to be more entertaining than expected. Not something I'll return to anytime soon, but it was fun while it lasted.
Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
I played the original game not the Director's Cut. I loved the humor and the hand drawn images in the game. Unfortunately I got stuck several times so I ended up using a walkthrough for certain puzzles.
Super Castlevania IV - Has more personality and mood in its pinky-finger than most games do in their entire bodies. The music is like a straight trip to the early 90's and is excellent on top of that. Solid platforming and combat.
Wing Commander

Which concludes my playthrough of the series in reverse order.
Yeah!

Just completed Sniper Elite!

I'm sooooo happy! :)

Hardly ever complete games so this is an achievement in itself.

What a great game Hidden&Dangerous meets Commandos - highly recommend.
Just finished Serious Sam 3: BFE. Not as bad as Serious Sam II, of course, but not quite as good as the two first installments of the series.

Oh, there are good moments in Serious Sam 3!! That is, if you manage to pass the 3 or so first hours, in which you will feel like playing COD instead of a Serious Sam game: not many enemies, most of the time you only see them because they already shoot you several times because THEY ARE OF THE SAME $@#% COLOR THAN THE SURROUDINGS...

Then it gets better once you arrive to the great pyramid, it starts to look like a Serious Sam: lots of waves of enemies, you're shooting like crazy, barely escaping death. The surroundings are not very varied, since you're always in Egypt, but the enemies are a mix of old acquaintances (the kleers skeletons, the headless suicide bombers, the werebulls) and new pests to eradicate (special awards to the tentacle-helicopters and to the tentacle-ladies who will hurt you with their mind). A very good challenge, hard but not impossible.

And then, the final boss. I was playing in normal mode and this is pure madness. I don't know how I managed to finally kill him (after innumerable deaths) but it's dificulty is just plain stupid, IMHO. This kind of ruins the game, just like Serious Sam II's final boss, the Mental Institute.

Bosses from Serious Sam First and Second encounters were what I call bosses: hard, tough, merciless but beatable by an average player such as me. Serious Sam II and 3's bosses are nothing like that and reserved to the most dedicated players...

Too bad, otherwise it could have been a really great game. So far, First Encounter and Second Encounter will stay in my list as the best games of the series.

So far in 2012:
Trine
Syberia
Katawa Shoujo – Emi
Bastion
Portal
Hydrophobia : Prophecy
Mass Effect 3 + DLC From Ashes
Portal 2
Serious Sam II
Serious Sam 3 : BFE

Link to my first, up-to-date post : http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post15
Post edited May 03, 2012 by xa_chan
Might & Magic 7. I've played it for a little while now, and finished other games while working my way through it.
Attachments:
Grim Fandango

Wow. I had heard people say how great it was, but I figured it was just nostalgia. Nope, this is one of the best games I've ever played. Sure, some of the puzzles were obscure, but it's an adventure game. In everything else, aesthetic, story, writing, music, characters it's unmatched.

So now my list is:
-Bioshock
-Grim Fandango
Post edited May 03, 2012 by Gazoinks
Gazoinks: Grim Fandango

Wow. I had heard people say how great it was, but I figured it was just nostalgia. Nope, this is one of the best games I've ever played. Sure, some of the puzzles were obscure, but it's an adventure game. In everything else, aesthetic, story, writing, music, characters it's unmatched.
I've meant to finish this many times (I got stuck at some point, having no idea what to do next), but does it still have any issues on newer PCs/Windows, or did you play it on some older machine?

I seem to recall reading earlier that it had some puzzle timing issues with high-speed CPUs (that was already a long time ago), but I'm unsure if the problems were simply patched out later, or if there are some fan mods or workarounds you have to do to complete the game. I personally don't remember hitting any such problems, but then I played it on an older PC, and I didn't finish it (yet).
Post edited May 04, 2012 by timppu
I didn't encounter any problems with puzzle timing, so I assume that was patched out. For running it on a modern system, you want this: quick.mixnmojo.com/software/grim-fandango-setup. I used that to install and it worked without a hitch on my 64-bit Windows 7 laptop.
Finished Sacrifice last night, kept me up until gone 4. That one guy is so cheap with his grim reaper attack or whatever. Rage. Great game though.
Post edited May 04, 2012 by Goatbrush
Mafia II

Complete List
Gazoinks: I didn't encounter any problems with puzzle timing, so I assume that was patched out. For running it on a modern system, you want this: quick.mixnmojo.com/software/grim-fandango-setup. I used that to install and it worked without a hitch on my 64-bit Windows 7 laptop.
Thanks, I think I got that Win7 installer from some earlier discussion. So did you install the game using that installer, and after that patched it with the latest GF update (1.01 I believe)? Or does that installer update the game at the same time?

Googling for it, there were some "conveyor belt issue" (on faster CPUs), and a "forklift issue", but if I read right, the 1.01 patch should have fixed them.

EDIT: But then, some sites suggest the problem may still be there even with the patch:

http://dod.dotagame.com/patch.php

Off-topic: now I am getting a bit worried, http://www.patches-scrolls.de/ seems to be down... It is my prime site for getting patches and updates for old PC games. I really hope it is not down for good.
Post edited May 04, 2012 by timppu