It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's do the time warp again*!

Welcome to our [url=http://www.gog.com]DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a fascinating ride to the early days of PC gaming and back again, with 30 excellent titles selected from the years 1983-2013, available up to 90% off (that is for as little as $0.59!). You'll find amazing games in amazing prices featured one by one on GOG.com main page, and before the sale is done you'll be able to complete your very own display of gaming history on a budget below $65 (because this would be the cost to get every single game in the sale). Are you ready?

<iframe width="590" height="322" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_uC01QztBg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's more than just buying games incredibly cheap to our DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! We're ready to pass its steering wheel (or rather the control console) to YOU. Each game in the sale is offered for a limited time only, and how long we stay in its year is up to you! Each time you see a new game on sale you can vote to either add or subtract 1 second from the timer. Each time you buy a game, you add 3 seconds to the time of it being on sale. We begin with 1983's Zork, bundled with the rest of the Zork Anthology of 6 games in total, for only $1.79. How long will it last on the front page? You'll be the judge. What comes next, as the game of 1984? Let's find out!

Let's take a trip in GOG.com's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! 30 great games from 1983-2013 will be available up to 90% off, and you get to decide how long each game is on sale. Ready? The technomagical gateway to 1983 opens NOW!

* "Again?", you might ask, "when did they ever do the time warp?". Well, once you embark on a journey through time, all becomes relevant and there's absolutely no guarantee that what you are doing, you are doing for the first time. In fact, that's highly improbable. After all, time isn't linear. It's more like a giant wobbly-bobbly goggy-boggy ball of gaming awesome!
Post edited January 28, 2014 by G-Doc
Shendue: Pretty FUNNY, i'd rather say. It shows they were pretty cool with that. I like people that can laugh at themselves.
CarrionCrow: Well, it started feeling psychotic when I hadn't slept for about 3 days and that was happening. Started feeling like my blood had been replaced entirely with coffee.

Edit - I agree with you. Remembering the representative's positive attitude was definitely a factor in my purchasing the items during a later sale. Would rather deal with decent people than assholes any day of the week.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. As awful as Jack Keane 2 was, i'm looking forward to their future games. That Lords of the Fallen game looks promising, too.
Marie99: I have been watching it on and off all day and the game changes, but not the message next to the game. It always says next offer starts soon no need to refresh. So far I have not seen any plus or minus seconds and it's nine at night here so far and I am still unable to click any seconds button.
What web browser are you using, on what platform, and do you have any extensions/addons installed? You need to allow cookies and javascript through for GOG's website to function properly. I don't think they state it anywhere, but it should probably be the most recent still supported release of one of the major browsers too, so something like IE8 or older will probably fail miserably (not just here but on half the Internet nowadays). Site works fine here on current release of Firefox, Chrome and IE 11. No extensions installed in the latter two, but I have 45 extensions installed in Firefox appropriately configured to ensure the site works (NoScript, RequestPolicy, Ghostery, Disconnect, CookieMonster and several others that can potentially interfere with a site working properly).

Hope this helps.
Yombo: While this is a great idea and I've picked up a couple of games, I also wonder what I've missed. I am hoping at the end of the sale we'll be able to have a last chance to buy any of the games that were on sale. I say this because not everyone can be in front of the computer all the time to see what games will come and if they would even be something they are interested in.
Suicideking01000: Check http://www.gog.com/forum/general/drmfree_time_machine_sale_game_list/page1 for what has been on sale.
Thanks for that. This will at least let me see what I've missed so I know what to keep an eye out for. Not like I don't have enough games to begin with, lol. Nearly 300 games on Steam and counting. Not counting the games from other places either.
sneakyraccoon: Grimrock just pushed me to the 100 game rung as well! Hmm, now to actually find time to play all these games... :-)
VanZanz: LOL, that made me curious.... and yes, this sale pushed me over 100 from GoG! (scary!) Scary part is I have the original 5.25's and 3.5's from several of the Sierra, Microprose, and early EA games. (oh and my Tandy 1000SX with it's blazing turbo 7.14MHz 8088 still works and plays a few games I have never seen remade for the VGA+ graphics modes - Arctic Fox (Electronic Arts), Lode Runner (Broderbund))
Edit: spelling
One of my best gaming memories is beating the remake version of Kings Quest 1 when I was young. Looking back, I am surprised that I managed to figure the puzzles out. That said, I probably spent a month trying to figure out the Rumplestiltskin puzzle...
KunoNoOni: I have an Atari 800, which I had to buy again as the one I had growing up got lost in a move along with my 2 810 disk drives. I also still have my floppies for it, just no disk drive to use them... I need to check ebay and actually commit to buying one.
GamesMaster16: *snip*
Loved my 800xl. Many good memories.
KunoNoOni: I keep and excel spreadsheet of all the games I buy from GOG. I list the name of the game and if its a bundle like MM6 or Neverwinter Nights or other games like that I then list those games under it. But each game/addon is counted. So while I have 305 Boxes I actually have 489 Games.
VanZanz: I used to do things like that... but it makes me realize how many things I collect, and then have to explain to my wife. She already thinks I am nuts for keeping the Tandy and the floppy disks! XD
I've got an Apple IIe, an Osbourne portable, a Mac 512k, a VIC-20, 4 Commodore 64s, and most of a Commodore 128 setup, a Tandy 1000, and about 18 PCs AMD K6 or newer (I threw away all older PC hardware a few years ago). Some of it is fun nostalgia to fire up from time to time, some might be interesting to sell to a collector, and some of the stuff probably should hit the dumpster. :)
sneakyraccoon: Grimrock just pushed me to the 100 game rung as well! Hmm, now to actually find time to play all these games... :-)
VanZanz: LOL, that made me curious.... and yes, this sale pushed me over 100 from GoG! (scary!) Scary part is I have the original 5.25's and 3.5's from several of the Sierra, Microprose, and early EA games. (oh and my Tandy 1000SX with it's blazing turbo 7.14MHz 8088 still works and plays a few games I have never seen remade for the VGA+ graphics modes - Artic Fox (Electronic Arts), Lode Runner (Broderbund))
100, ffffftt. Rookies. ..... :)

(See Attached)

------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to say I'm sorry to sneakyraccoon and VanZanz for the above comment. It was meant to be a playful tease, but upon rereading (and rethinking), it comes off as more of a bragging kind of thing instead. I am sorry. To all readers as well.
I was hoping that they would put witcher 2 for the 2012 selection. Now I'm hoping that they give a last chance to get anything that has been missed. I came late to the party and I missed the ZORK sale.
VanZanz: LOL, that made me curious.... and yes, this sale pushed me over 100 from GoG! (scary!) Scary part is I have the original 5.25's and 3.5's from several of the Sierra, Microprose, and early EA games. (oh and my Tandy 1000SX with it's blazing turbo 7.14MHz 8088 still works and plays a few games I have never seen remade for the VGA+ graphics modes - Artic Fox (Electronic Arts), Lode Runner (Broderbund))
OldFatGuy: 100, ffffftt. Rookies. ..... :)

(See Attached)

I just want to say I'm sorry to sneakyraccoon and VanZanz for the above comment. It was meant to be a playful tease, but upon rereading (and rethinking), it comes off as more of a bragging kind of thing instead. I am sorry. To all readers as well.
Nah were just picking on ya, course the few of us who have really dated ourselves by naming hardware we had or have.....no offense man :)

(See Attached)

Made me laugh.
I was about to brag about my 111 games. ;)

(See Attached)

I did not take it as bragging at all. I appreciate snarky humour and solely did not respond earlier because I was called to daddy duty (I have small children). It's all good in my book! :-)

(See Attached)

Hey man, It's all good. I saw it and was like, holy cow! It's where I probably would be if I had more time and cash in that order... no offense taken here!
VanZanz: I used to do things like that... but it makes me realize how many things I collect, and then have to explain to my wife. She already thinks I am nuts for keeping the Tandy and the floppy disks! XD
Sanjuro: Tandy? As in "the president of New California Republic"?
\o/ Awesome! :D
skeletonbow: I've got an Apple IIe, an Osbourne portable, a Mac 512k, a VIC-20, 4 Commodore 64s, and most of a Commodore 128 setup, a Tandy 1000, and about 18 PCs AMD K6 or newer (I threw away all older PC hardware a few years ago). Some of it is fun nostalgia to fire up from time to time, some might be interesting to sell to a collector, and some of the stuff probably should hit the dumpster. :)
I got this idea for a museum.. make sure you have games for all of them. ;)
Post edited January 30, 2014 by VanZanz
I am really looking forward to 2013 and then some sleep....(and Commodore 64 was a great machine!) For consoles, I have a Vectrex and 2 old Dreamcasts that I still use regularly!...
well bye bye LOG..... and for the lucky last? ;)
Before Grimrock ends a note about old:
I programmed my first computer with a set of 8 toggle switches and a pushbutton.
Loaded my first real game from an audio cassette on a Commodore VIC-20.
I'm not old, oh heck no. :P

Just saw the other mention of a VIC, good times there!
Post edited January 30, 2014 by donsanderson