It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's do the time warp again*!

Welcome to our [url=http://www.gog.com]DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a fascinating ride to the early days of PC gaming and back again, with 30 excellent titles selected from the years 1983-2013, available up to 90% off (that is for as little as $0.59!). You'll find amazing games in amazing prices featured one by one on GOG.com main page, and before the sale is done you'll be able to complete your very own display of gaming history on a budget below $65 (because this would be the cost to get every single game in the sale). Are you ready?

<iframe width="590" height="322" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_uC01QztBg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's more than just buying games incredibly cheap to our DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! We're ready to pass its steering wheel (or rather the control console) to YOU. Each game in the sale is offered for a limited time only, and how long we stay in its year is up to you! Each time you see a new game on sale you can vote to either add or subtract 1 second from the timer. Each time you buy a game, you add 3 seconds to the time of it being on sale. We begin with 1983's Zork, bundled with the rest of the Zork Anthology of 6 games in total, for only $1.79. How long will it last on the front page? You'll be the judge. What comes next, as the game of 1984? Let's find out!

Let's take a trip in GOG.com's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! 30 great games from 1983-2013 will be available up to 90% off, and you get to decide how long each game is on sale. Ready? The technomagical gateway to 1983 opens NOW!

* "Again?", you might ask, "when did they ever do the time warp?". Well, once you embark on a journey through time, all becomes relevant and there's absolutely no guarantee that what you are doing, you are doing for the first time. In fact, that's highly improbable. After all, time isn't linear. It's more like a giant wobbly-bobbly goggy-boggy ball of gaming awesome!
Post edited January 28, 2014 by G-Doc
hedwards: I hope they offer all the games again at the end. It sucks missing out on the one I wanted at the beginning and then watching a string of games that I either already own, or have no interest in, come and go.
JaqFrost: I don't think they will, but I'm with you. I had to take an important call and when I came back, HoMM5 had disappeared. In between the different time zones, work and sleep, 1,5-2 hours is too short a window to grab what you want if you have to hold down a job and be productive in RL.
I don't think they will either, but it kind of sucks when games go on sale when you're supposed to be asleep or at work.. I really hope that Mr. Gog stops with this insanity. But, judging from the times that these games have been up for, I'm guessing that this is a rather successful event.
GamesMaster16: bought UnEpic just to reach my goal of 100 games from GOG alone :)
Grimrock just pushed me to the 100 game rung as well! Hmm, now to actually find time to play all these games... :-)
Hi Does anyone else have this problem, on the main page it always seems to say next offer starts soon no need to refresh
Marie99: Hi Does anyone else have this problem, on the main page it always seems to say next offer starts soon no need to refresh
It has happened to me once or twice, usually hitting F5 takes care of it for me (which is exactly what it tells you not to do, but I am not one to follow directions very well).
Yes, mine was doing that too - I think its running through the extra time last second buyers put in.

Mac
Don't own Grimrock. Not sure if I should spend my limited game budget on it or not lol.
Thanks i will try that
What's so great about Spelunky?
Gave myself a $16.00 budget for this sale, bought 5 games
so far and should still have enough left for wishlisted Spelunky!

I love GOG!

Grimrock (For a DRM free copy)
Sam and Max (Impulse)
Gothic (Wishlist)
Soul Reaver (Impulse)
Wizardy (Wishlist)

WooHoo! :-)
GamesMaster16: bought UnEpic just to reach my goal of 100 games from GOG alone :)
sneakyraccoon: Grimrock just pushed me to the 100 game rung as well! Hmm, now to actually find time to play all these games... :-)
LOL, that made me curious.... and yes, this sale pushed me over 100 from GoG! (scary!) Scary part is I have the original 5.25's and 3.5's from several of the Sierra, Microprose, and early EA games. (oh and my Tandy 1000SX with it's blazing turbo 7.14MHz 8088 still works and plays a few games I have never seen remade for the VGA+ graphics modes - Arctic Fox (Electronic Arts), Lode Runner (Broderbund))
Edit: spelling
Post edited January 30, 2014 by VanZanz
Another great game I already have.....I hope I can stay up for Spelunky... (now to count how may Gog games I have...)

edit - only 82 gog games for me so far (I just hate to duplicate too many I have elsewhere...although that hasn't always stopped me as I love the DRM free concept!)
Post edited January 30, 2014 by Russonc
sneakyraccoon: Grimrock just pushed me to the 100 game rung as well! Hmm, now to actually find time to play all these games... :-)
VanZanz: LOL, that made me curious.... and yes, this sale pushed me over 100 from GoG! (scary!) Scary part is I have the original 5.25's and 3.5's from several of the Sierra, Microprose, and early EA games. (oh and my Tandy 1000SX with it's blazing turbo 7.14MHz 8088 still works and plays a few games I have never seen remade for the VGA+ graphics modes - Artic Fox (Electronic Arts), Lode Runner (Broderbund))
100, ffffftt. Rookies. ..... :)

(See Attached)
Attachments:
capture.jpg (167 Kb)
Soccorro: What's so great about Spelunky?
Download the free lo-res version from Mossmouths website and try it.
You have plenty of time before the sale starts.
For an Indiana Jones fan like me I find it loads of fun.
(With a few cuss words thrown in) ;)
I hope the 2013 game is good. I just missed another game I wanted when I had to go help some family for a bit. I wanted Sam & Max and Unepic but the short sale times torpedoed me.

Also, I've had to hit f5 for about 6 games even though it says not to, just like many others.
I have been watching it on and off all day and the game changes, but not the message next to the game. It always says next offer starts soon no need to refresh. So far I have not seen any plus or minus seconds and it's nine at night here so far and I am still unable to click any seconds button.