It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's do the time warp again*!

Welcome to our [url=http://www.gog.com]DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a fascinating ride to the early days of PC gaming and back again, with 30 excellent titles selected from the years 1983-2013, available up to 90% off (that is for as little as $0.59!). You'll find amazing games in amazing prices featured one by one on GOG.com main page, and before the sale is done you'll be able to complete your very own display of gaming history on a budget below $65 (because this would be the cost to get every single game in the sale). Are you ready?

<iframe width="590" height="322" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_uC01QztBg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's more than just buying games incredibly cheap to our DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! We're ready to pass its steering wheel (or rather the control console) to YOU. Each game in the sale is offered for a limited time only, and how long we stay in its year is up to you! Each time you see a new game on sale you can vote to either add or subtract 1 second from the timer. Each time you buy a game, you add 3 seconds to the time of it being on sale. We begin with 1983's Zork, bundled with the rest of the Zork Anthology of 6 games in total, for only $1.79. How long will it last on the front page? You'll be the judge. What comes next, as the game of 1984? Let's find out!

Let's take a trip in GOG.com's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! 30 great games from 1983-2013 will be available up to 90% off, and you get to decide how long each game is on sale. Ready? The technomagical gateway to 1983 opens NOW!

* "Again?", you might ask, "when did they ever do the time warp?". Well, once you embark on a journey through time, all becomes relevant and there's absolutely no guarantee that what you are doing, you are doing for the first time. In fact, that's highly improbable. After all, time isn't linear. It's more like a giant wobbly-bobbly goggy-boggy ball of gaming awesome!
Post edited January 28, 2014 by G-Doc
sirchaox1224: That was the second or third round wasn't it?

The first round was legendary!
CarrionCrow: After the first round, GOG put out a LOT less copies for later rounds. Not surprising, since that got so bad that sites were reporting on how Jack Keane 2 had brought the sale to a standstill, which then caused a person from the company that makes it to show up and thank people for Jack Keane's current popularity. Then they said they want people to get proper sleep. Pretty psychotic, overall.
Pretty FUNNY, i'd rather say. It shows they were pretty cool with that. I like people that can laugh at themselves.
I keep and excel spreadsheet of all the games I buy from GOG. I list the name of the game and if its a bundle like MM6 or Neverwinter Nights or other games like that I then list those games under it. But each game/addon is counted. So while I have 305 Boxes I actually have 489 Games.
KunoNoOni: I keep and excel spreadsheet of all the games I buy from GOG. I list the name of the game and if its a bundle like MM6 or Neverwinter Nights or other games like that I then list those games under it. But each game/addon is counted. So while I have 305 Boxes I actually have 489 Games.
I used to do things like that... but it makes me realize how many things I collect, and then have to explain to my wife. She already thinks I am nuts for keeping the Tandy and the floppy disks! XD
CarrionCrow: After the first round, GOG put out a LOT less copies for later rounds. Not surprising, since that got so bad that sites were reporting on how Jack Keane 2 had brought the sale to a standstill, which then caused a person from the company that makes it to show up and thank people for Jack Keane's current popularity. Then they said they want people to get proper sleep. Pretty psychotic, overall.
Shendue: Pretty FUNNY, i'd rather say. It shows they were pretty cool with that. I like people that can laugh at themselves.
Well, it started feeling psychotic when I hadn't slept for about 3 days and that was happening. Started feeling like my blood had been replaced entirely with coffee.

Edit - I agree with you. Remembering the representative's positive attitude was definitely a factor in my purchasing the items during a later sale. Would rather deal with decent people than assholes any day of the week.
Post edited January 30, 2014 by CarrionCrow
This is a Insomnia-Sale like disaster for my Psyche... I want to go to bed and cuddle with Mr. Puffles, my faithful suspenders wearing Panda. But on the other Hand... Stuff's dirt cheap...
KunoNoOni: I keep and excel spreadsheet of all the games I buy from GOG. I list the name of the game and if its a bundle like MM6 or Neverwinter Nights or other games like that I then list those games under it. But each game/addon is counted. So while I have 305 Boxes I actually have 489 Games.
VanZanz: I used to do things like that... but it makes me realize how many things I collect, and then have to explain to my wife. She already thinks I am nuts for keeping the Tandy and the floppy disks! XD
I used to have a 486 machine until it finally died, so if she ever make you get rid of your Tandy let me know! :)

And for the record, my wife calls me a Hoarder... I have to keep correcting her that I am a Collecter. I just happen to collect many different things...
VanZanz: I used to do things like that... but it makes me realize how many things I collect, and then have to explain to my wife. She already thinks I am nuts for keeping the Tandy and the floppy disks! XD
How about keeping an Atari 800 4 1050 disk drives and more games then the GOG site has since 79? :) so you can call me REAL ol skool :)
GOG.com: Let's do the time warp again*!

Welcome to our [url=http://www.gog.com]DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a fascinating ride to the early days of PC gaming and back again, with 30 excellent titles selected from the years 1983-2013, available up to 90% off (that is for as little as $0.59!). You'll find amazing games in amazing prices featured one by one on GOG.com main page, and before the sale is done you'll be able to complete your very own display of gaming history on a budget below $65 (because this would be the cost to get every single game in the sale). Are you ready?

DRM-Free Time Machine Sale trailer

There's more than just buying games incredibly cheap to our DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! We're ready to pass its steering wheel (or rather the control console) to YOU. Each game in the sale is offered for a limited time only, and how long we stay in its year is up to you! Each time you see a new game on sale you can vote to either add or subtract 1 second from the timer. Each time you buy a game, you add 3 seconds to the time of it being on sale. We begin with 1983's Zork, bundled with the rest of the Zork Anthology of 6 games in total, for only $1.79. How long will it last on the front page? You'll be the judge. What comes next, as the game of 1984? Let's find out!

Let's take a trip in GOG.com's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! 30 great games from 1983-2013 will be available up to 90% off, and you get to decide how long each game is on sale. Ready? The technomagical gateway to 1983 opens NOW!

* "Again?", you might ask, "when did they ever do the time warp?". Well, once you embark on a journey through time, all becomes relevant and there's absolutely no guarantee that what you are doing, you are doing for the first time. In fact, that's highly improbable. After all, time isn't linear. It's more like a giant wobbly-bobbly goggy-boggy ball of gaming awesome!
While this is a great idea and I've picked up a couple of games, I also wonder what I've missed. I am hoping at the end of the sale we'll be able to have a last chance to buy any of the games that were on sale. I say this because not everyone can be in front of the computer all the time to see what games will come and if they would even be something they are interested in.
Yombo: While this is a great idea and I've picked up a couple of games, I also wonder what I've missed. I am hoping at the end of the sale we'll be able to have a last chance to buy any of the games that were on sale. I say this because not everyone can be in front of the computer all the time to see what games will come and if they would even be something they are interested in.
Check http://www.gog.com/forum/general/drmfree_time_machine_sale_game_list/page1 for what has been on sale.
Tandy? As in "the president of New California Republic"?
GamesMaster16: How about keeping an Atari 800 4 1050 disk drives and more games then the GOG site has since 79? :) so you can call me REAL ol skool :)
I have an Atari 800, which I had to buy again as the one I had growing up got lost in a move along with my 2 810 disk drives. I also still have my floppies for it, just no disk drive to use them... I need to check ebay and actually commit to buying one.
You can open a rental shop then. lol Anyway, it's a good idea to keep track of what you've bought. I'm gonna make an excel sheet to keep track of mine too. But my list is far less than yours. lol
Yombo: While this is a great idea and I've picked up a couple of games, I also wonder what I've missed. I am hoping at the end of the sale we'll be able to have a last chance to buy any of the games that were on sale. I say this because not everyone can be in front of the computer all the time to see what games will come and if they would even be something they are interested in.
There will be future sales so if you missed something don't sweat it much, GOG has several major promos throughout the year, some of which do offer repeats and other smaller ones that don't, but games resurface on sale often several times a year so just keep an eye on the RSS feed or newsletter, Steam Group, Facebook feed, Tumblr blog or other source (there are many). Very few games have slipped past me which haven't come on sale again within a few months or so. If you're like many of us, you've got a huge back catalogue of games to weather out the wait also. :)
GamesMaster16: How about keeping an Atari 800 4 1050 disk drives and more games then the GOG site has since 79? :) so you can call me REAL ol skool :)
KunoNoOni: I have an Atari 800, which I had to buy again as the one I had growing up got lost in a move along with my 2 810 disk drives. I also still have my floppies for it, just no disk drive to use them... I need to check ebay and actually commit to buying one.
heres 1 with power supply if ya got one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-ATARI-800-Computer-Game-Console-/301062636916?pt=Video_Games&amp;hash=item4618bb4574

heres a pricy one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-ATARI-800-WITH-FROGGER-AND-DONKEY-KONG-CATRIDGES-/141122876731?pt=Video_Games&amp;hash=item20db94353b

and a cheap one with no cords at all :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-800-Video-Game-Console-System-Computer-Not-Tested-/360844874768?pt=Video_Games&amp;hash=item540407d410

the rest were 800xl's which are the newer 64k ones with the basic built into em
oops you said you wanted the drive not the puter...DOH!
Post edited January 30, 2014 by GamesMaster16
physiq: You can open a rental shop then. lol Anyway, it's a good idea to keep track of what you've bought. I'm gonna make an excel sheet to keep track of mine too. But my list is far less than yours. lol
I ended up making a spreadsheet because I couldn't keep track of which games came from which distributors (GOG, GameAgent, Steam, AppStore, Humble, etc.). I definitely recommend it. I also list how far I've played into them and if they need any tinkering to make them run. Makes life a lot easier. :)
Post edited January 30, 2014 by Melhelix