It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's do the time warp again*!

Welcome to our [url=http://www.gog.com]DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a fascinating ride to the early days of PC gaming and back again, with 30 excellent titles selected from the years 1983-2013, available up to 90% off (that is for as little as $0.59!). You'll find amazing games in amazing prices featured one by one on GOG.com main page, and before the sale is done you'll be able to complete your very own display of gaming history on a budget below $65 (because this would be the cost to get every single game in the sale). Are you ready?

<iframe width="590" height="322" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_uC01QztBg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's more than just buying games incredibly cheap to our DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! We're ready to pass its steering wheel (or rather the control console) to YOU. Each game in the sale is offered for a limited time only, and how long we stay in its year is up to you! Each time you see a new game on sale you can vote to either add or subtract 1 second from the timer. Each time you buy a game, you add 3 seconds to the time of it being on sale. We begin with 1983's Zork, bundled with the rest of the Zork Anthology of 6 games in total, for only $1.79. How long will it last on the front page? You'll be the judge. What comes next, as the game of 1984? Let's find out!

Let's take a trip in GOG.com's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! 30 great games from 1983-2013 will be available up to 90% off, and you get to decide how long each game is on sale. Ready? The technomagical gateway to 1983 opens NOW!

* "Again?", you might ask, "when did they ever do the time warp?". Well, once you embark on a journey through time, all becomes relevant and there's absolutely no guarantee that what you are doing, you are doing for the first time. In fact, that's highly improbable. After all, time isn't linear. It's more like a giant wobbly-bobbly goggy-boggy ball of gaming awesome!
Post edited January 28, 2014 by G-Doc
Shendue: I've missed it as well.
This promo shares the same problem of The Insomnia promo, which is that you have to stay awake overnight if you want to see every offer. As fun as the Insomnia promo was, it was very stressful.
graspee: Wouldn't you pay the extra money you would have saved to get a nice night's sleep instead of being a gibbering wreck by the end of the sale?
There is something thrilling and fun about buying stuff on sale even if one can easily afford the extra buck, two, ten, etc. At least for me, I just like the idea of having bought something that was worth X at a discount. (A legitimate discount not those phony, X% off suggested retail price).

: )
donsanderson: Welcome! Best forums around.
Not sure if 2 is a contender but maybe.
Does anyone have the 2012 possibles list handy?
shadowbaneaxe: I thought Legend of Grimrock was the 2012 title. Because it's shown in the email...
IAmSinistar: I don't think it will, since it would be something of a breach of the pattern of the sale, not to mention pretty egotistical of GOG. :)
shadowbaneaxe: It would make sense if they did it as a build-up to witcher 3 pre-orders ;)
You're right, it was in the email. Probably it then.
Buenro-games: I wouldn't have complained at all if they had done this sale on the weekend, but in the middle of the week.

GOG WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING!!!!!

"Hugs" GOG...
Nice_Boat: This reminds me of a movie, at the end they'll got married. After an orgy. At the church.
What was the name of the movie. :P
Attachments:
Splatsch: Thank you all for answers, help and generosity !
Someone saw my big hesitation and gifted it to me in MP :D That's so generous ! Thanks again :)

For the demo, my connection isn't fast enough, and time to get it, the sell would have been closely ended (and give not enough time to have a good idea of this kind of game I think for a purchase).

The story was too source of hesitation... I know that I'm not often a fan of "modern" written fantasy. But everyboy said it was great, and I love a good story (and I like fantasy too), with solid background. Gameplay... well, it's always a balance in a videogame (it's a whole thing), so I could like it.

I'm eager to play it now :)
Have fun!

Remember you can always check on the GOG witcher subforum if you have questions about the game once you start playing it.
Deus ex and the Witcher EE.. for 2 us dollars Feels like i'm stealing from the companies :)
Nice_Boat: This reminds me of a movie, at the end they'll got married. After an orgy. At the church.
stg83: What was the name of the movie. :P
Probably one of *those* types of movies with a weird spoof title like : Romancing the Bone
Buenro-games: Probably one of *those* types of movies with a weird spoof title like : Romancing the Bone
Does that actually exist, or did you just make that up?
Splatsch: Thank you all for answers, help and generosity !
Someone saw my big hesitation and gifted it to me in MP :D That's so generous ! Thanks again :)

For the demo, my connection isn't fast enough, and time to get it, the sell would have been closely ended (and give not enough time to have a good idea of this kind of game I think for a purchase).

The story was too source of hesitation... I know that I'm not often a fan of "modern" written fantasy. But everyboy said it was great, and I love a good story (and I like fantasy too), with solid background. Gameplay... well, it's always a balance in a videogame (it's a whole thing), so I could like it.

I'm eager to play it now :)
shadowbaneaxe: Have fun!

Remember you can always check on the GOG witcher subforum if you have questions about the game once you start playing it.
Thanks ! (as soon as the download will be finished, so not soon XD)

Okay, I'll take a look !
Buenro-games: Probably one of *those* types of movies with a weird spoof title like : Romancing the Bone
shadowbaneaxe: Does that actually exist, or did you just make that up?
It's legit. It's in the International Movie Database

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0196914/
hehe..yeah or Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within, a title that reminds people of those late night softcore movies on cable. :P
shadowbaneaxe: Does that actually exist, or did you just make that up?
Buenro-games: It's legit. It's in the International Movie Database

That's terrible. And it looks like nobody dared to review it except one guy on an external site XD
Buenro-games: I wouldn't have complained at all if they had done this sale on the weekend, but in the middle of the week.

GOG WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING!!!!!

"Hugs" GOG...
Yeeeah, Imma need a title, Sir. Please? :D
Buenro-games: It's legit. It's in the International Movie Database

shadowbaneaxe: That's terrible. And it looks like nobody dared to review it except one guy on an external site XD
Well with these kind of movies all that matters is whether you had a happy ending or not. :P
Post edited January 30, 2014 by stg83
How long as The WItcher been up?
I set my alarm last night to go off every 90 mins so I didn't miss any deals. Only missed Cannon Fodder the previous night.

Also what is this "Keane" people keep replacing words with? I think I'm missing an inside joke.