It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's do the time warp again*!

Welcome to our [url=http://www.gog.com]DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a fascinating ride to the early days of PC gaming and back again, with 30 excellent titles selected from the years 1983-2013, available up to 90% off (that is for as little as $0.59!). You'll find amazing games in amazing prices featured one by one on GOG.com main page, and before the sale is done you'll be able to complete your very own display of gaming history on a budget below $65 (because this would be the cost to get every single game in the sale). Are you ready?

<iframe width="590" height="322" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_uC01QztBg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's more than just buying games incredibly cheap to our DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! We're ready to pass its steering wheel (or rather the control console) to YOU. Each game in the sale is offered for a limited time only, and how long we stay in its year is up to you! Each time you see a new game on sale you can vote to either add or subtract 1 second from the timer. Each time you buy a game, you add 3 seconds to the time of it being on sale. We begin with 1983's Zork, bundled with the rest of the Zork Anthology of 6 games in total, for only $1.79. How long will it last on the front page? You'll be the judge. What comes next, as the game of 1984? Let's find out!

Let's take a trip in GOG.com's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! 30 great games from 1983-2013 will be available up to 90% off, and you get to decide how long each game is on sale. Ready? The technomagical gateway to 1983 opens NOW!

* "Again?", you might ask, "when did they ever do the time warp?". Well, once you embark on a journey through time, all becomes relevant and there's absolutely no guarantee that what you are doing, you are doing for the first time. In fact, that's highly improbable. After all, time isn't linear. It's more like a giant wobbly-bobbly goggy-boggy ball of gaming awesome!
Post edited January 28, 2014 by G-Doc
OldFatGuy: lol, I've been meaning to ask several times but didn't want to show my ignorance, but what is up with the whole "Keanian" thing going on in this thread. (Or is it GoG wide?)
sirchaox1224: Okay fine since no one else answered and I'll feel like a jerk if I don't, it originated during the Insomnia Sale... Jack Keane 2 stalled the entire sale by like... so long... Days? Weeks? o_<

Hence why anything that stalls a sale longer than it should is "Keaning" it or some kind of spinoff game of Keane. It's all so original and clever, it boggles my mind.
Jack Keane 2 took about 5 hours to clear 100 discounted copies during the Insomnia sale.
Infinity8: I bought 21 games during this sale, didn't miss a single one I wanted. True, some of the purchases were of games that didn't really hold much appeal to me (like Cannon Fodder) but the prices were so good i figured what the heck. Spent $39.89. If we figure an average of 80% off each game, I probably saved about $150.00.

I just bought Cannon Fodder on a whim too, and I've already gotten my money's worth as I've spent about three hours sending those little dudes off to their deaths. Kind of hard figuring out how to do some of things (like throwing grenades) but once you do it's not so bad. Haven't tried driving or flying a vehicle though.
JustSayin: Oh shit...you have the Keane set!
OldFatGuy: lol, I've been meaning to ask several times but didn't want to show my ignorance, but what is up with the whole "Keanian" thing going on in this thread. (Or is it GoG wide?)
Did you buy Jack Keane because of the "stellar reviews"?
sirchaox1224: Okay fine since no one else answered and I'll feel like a jerk if I don't, it originated during the Insomnia Sale... Jack Keane 2 stalled the entire sale by like... so long... Days? Weeks? o_<
JustSayin: Yeah I think it finally ended three days ago. ;)
lol yeah I got 6 hours of sleep thanks to that little gem...
VanZanz: LOL, that made me curious.... and yes, this sale pushed me over 100 from GoG! (scary!) Scary part is I have the original 5.25's and 3.5's from several of the Sierra, Microprose, and early EA games. (oh and my Tandy 1000SX with it's blazing turbo 7.14MHz 8088 still works and plays a few games I have never seen remade for the VGA+ graphics modes - Artic Fox (Electronic Arts), Lode Runner (Broderbund))
OldFatGuy: 100, ffffftt. Rookies. ..... :)

(See Attached)
hmmmm, (thinks he should go take a pic of his OLDER then dirt collection) I might have only 100 from GOG but I've been 'hoarding' games since 1979 :)
Infinity8: I bought 21 games during this sale, didn't miss a single one I wanted. ...
I even bought Spelunky from 2013.

EDIT: Just kidding, I didn't, it was a lame time machine joke ;-)
Post edited January 31, 2014 by DeMignon

Hence why anything that stalls a sale longer than it should is "Keaning" it or some kind of spinoff game of Keane. It's all so original and clever, it boggles my mind.
CarrionCrow: Jack Keane 2 took about 5 hours to clear 100 discounted copies during the Insomnia sale.
That was the second or third round wasn't it?

The first round was legendary!
JustSayin: Did you buy Jack Keane because of the "stellar reviews"?
LOL, no, I got it during the X-Mas sale as part of one of those big packages heavily discounted IIRC.
Post edited January 30, 2014 by OldFatGuy
Infinity8: I bought 21 games during this sale, didn't miss a single one I wanted. ...
DeMignon: I even bought Spelunky from 2013.
I'm probably going to pass on Spelunky unless the discount is outrageous, I'm not too into arcade games. But I'm probably going to pick up the Alone in the Dark package because of all the good stuff i read about it here on the forum during the sale.

CarrionCrow: Jack Keane 2 took about 5 hours to clear 100 discounted copies during the Insomnia sale.
sirchaox1224: That was the second or third round wasn't it?

After the first round, GOG put out a LOT less copies for later rounds. Not surprising, since that got so bad that sites were reporting on how Jack Keane 2 had brought the sale to a standstill, which then caused a person from the company that makes it to show up and thank people for Jack Keane's current popularity. Then they said they want people to get proper sleep. Pretty psychotic, overall.
Grimrock is moving a lot faster than I expected.
I may stay awake for Spelunky yet.
If indeed that's what 2013 is. (I hope)
sirchaox1224: That was the second or third round wasn't it?

CarrionCrow: After the first round, GOG put out a LOT less copies for later rounds. Not surprising, since that got so bad that sites were reporting on how Jack Keane 2 had brought the sale to a standstill, which then caused a person from the company that makes it to show up and thank people for Jack Keane's current popularity. Then they said they want people to get proper sleep. Pretty psychotic, overall.
Lol.

At the end, GOG should put up Jack Keane 2 and freeze the timer. Lmao...
donsanderson: Grimrock is moving a lot faster than I expected.
So far every pic in that ad was in fact part of the sale. I'd bet a good pot 'o gold it will be Spelunky.
It was already advertised. It'll be the last one unless someone has really screwed up.

Edit - Will have to hope they don't put Jack Keane 2 up again. Sat through it three times, and can now say that I am an actual legal owner of both Jack Keane 1 and 2 (end of the year bundle). I've paid my dues on that subject.
Post edited January 30, 2014 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: It was already advertised. It'll be the last one unless someone has really screwed up.
Yeah but I'm a guy who can lose 50 coin tosses in a row.
Don't want to jinx anything here. :)