It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IT2013: I won those 2 games in gog giveaways that i entered. Will be back online soon to post the urls.
Actually, I was gonna write about that possibility too but having the night to myself and between watching a basketball game on tv and actually having time to play Civ 5, I guess I forgot to say anything about it. Thank you for reminding me.

IMO, that's one of the worst behaviors from people in this forum. With giveaways, why the hell are people entering giveaways to use the codes to trade (or to regift to try to take credit for it) and not use themselves? You may have won two freebie games but its shady to take games won, and attempt to trade them for something else. You're also taking games that have zero value and trying to get something that has value for them. I'm sure there's people who may not visit here regularly and would love a crack at those games and perhaps some of those entered the same giveaways. And people who take codes not for own use take that chance away from them.
You're not the only one to do so and you certainly won't be the last. And like I said before, your join date and rep don't allow you to hide behind exhibiting the same behavior as long time members. As this is done by new and old alike. But at least you're honest about it.
Post edited December 20, 2013 by teshra
IT2013:
teshra: Who is your alt account? Seems kinda odd that you are offering two freebies from GOG over the last few months. Witcher was a freebie thru any purchase. Torchlight was outright free. Both were given a way prior to your join date.
And before you say you just bought them this month for trading purposes...for someone who has fallen on hard times, again it seems kind of odd that you would join this month and almost immediately buy games for trading reasons instead of saving it for a game you wanted to play yourself. And you seem to also know an awful lot about the rep system as well but that could come from reading the forums and paying attention.

Regardless, you can be on the up and up and apologies for insinuating anything but GOG easily falls victim to scammers. Your methods are nothing new and even used by longtime members with high rep. Difference is, your join date and rep number make you stick out whereas the longtime members can hide behind their older join date and higher rep number. If your join date was say March 2011 and your rep was around 550, most here would not think twice about your post but being what it is, it threw up my spidey sense.

Anyways, good luck with whatever your goal is.
This is the only account that I have with GOG. I have not done anything that's against any of the rules. I am certainly not a scammer, and as I said in my post, "For anyone whose GOG rep is equal to or higher than mine, then as a show of good faith, I would be glad to be the one to send you the Torchlight and Witcher keys first, and then you could send me the key for To the Moon after you have verified the validity of my keys." And I know about rep because I read the FAQs when I joined earlier this month.

When you say, "good luck with whatever your goal is," it's not a nefarious goal that I have. It's to get a little smidgen of happiness in my life through video games, in this case a video game that I have read fantastic things about (the Rock Paper Shotgun review of To the Moon is amazing). For most people, if they want to play To the Moon, they could buy it right now for $2.99 on Steam or $4.99 on GOG. I don't have that option because even that low price is more than I have to spend. So my options are to either 1. Never play the game, or 2. Pirate the game (which I would never do), or 3. Enter and win a giveaway for To the Moon, or 4. Enter and win a giveaway for other games and then hope to later trade those games in exchange for To the Moon.

The idea of trading games in exchange for other games, and trading GOG/Steam keys in exchange for other GOG/Steam keys, is not a nefarious idea, nor is it an idea that I came up with on my own. Trading games and GOG/Steam keys is what tons of people in this thread are doing, and is one of the stated purposes of this thread in the first post on the thread. I didn't steal these GOG keys, I didn't buy them, and I'm not selling them for money. I'm just trying to trade them for a game that I really, really, really want.

Also, when you say, "You're also taking games that have zero value and trying to get something that has value for them." That is not the case.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut (or a GOG key or Steam key for it) is not something that has zero value. It's being sold right now on GOG and Steam for $4.99, and its listed non-sale price on both sites is $9.99.

Torchlight (or a GOG or Steam key for it) is not something that has zero value. It's being sold right now on GOG and Steam for $7.49, and its listed non-sale price on both sites is $14.99.

The game that I'm hoping to trade for, To the Moon, is being sold right now on Steam for $2.99 and GOG for $4.99, and its listed non-sale price on both sites is $9.99.

The fact that The Witcher and Torchlight were previously part of free giveaways for a limited time is not something that I have any control over is actually something that's hurting me more than it's helping me in my efforts to get To the Moon.

If anything, it would be "cheaper" to just buy To the Moon myself, but like I said, I can't do that.

If I could do that, then I wouldn't have to go through all these steps of entering any giveaways or trading any game keys in order to play the game that I want to play.
Post edited June 07, 2014 by IT2013
IT2013:
Considering the recent hoo-hah with exploited keys, you may want to reconsider: http://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/free_fallout_gift_codes_disabled/post1
IT2013:
Sachys: Considering the recent hoo-hah with exploited keys, you may want to reconsider: http://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/free_fallout_gift_codes_disabled/post1
That post was about exploited keys being sold. "Unfortunately a bunch of people were re-selling the codes and this got noticed." I am not trying to sell my GOG keys for cash; I am just trying to trade them in exchange for other GOG keys, just like hundreds of other people in this thread.
IT2013: That post was about exploited keys being sold. "Unfortunately a bunch of people were re-selling the codes and this got noticed." I am not trying to sell my GOG keys for cash; I am just trying to trade them in exchange for other GOG keys, just like hundreds of other people in this thread.
Still relevant. Also current.
If what you're saying is that all Torchlight keys are "exploited keys" because of the fact that the game was free for 2 days (although I wasn't even a GOG member at that time), then I would have no problem with removing the Torchlight part of my classifieds ad. Please let me know if I should do that.
Post edited December 21, 2013 by IT2013
Look IT2013, I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions and looked like I was accusing you of potentially being a scammer.
Also, I personally do not believe your Torchlight and Witcher keys are exploited. Nor do I think any Fallout keys that were given away freely in these forums were exploited...that whole part about exploited keys has nothing to do with what I was trying to say.

Maybe I worded my comments poorly but what I was getting at is that its bad form and rather unscrupulous to enter giveaways for the purpose of using keys for any other reason outside of redeeming the games for yourself, to play the games.
One, you're taking away a chance from someone who entered the giveaway for that very reason, that they wanted to play the game.
Two, your using somebody's kindness and generosity for personal gain. Basically saying that their gift wasn't good enough for you but you want to use that to "upgrade" to a game more to your liking. And as stated, taking two freebies and trying to get value out of them is probably frowned upon in any gaming forum. This being no exception to that.

And as I've already stated, you're far from the first person to do that and are far from the last. At least you are honest in that regard and I respect that. May not condone it, but I respect the honesty at least, even if you came clean well after you've won the giveaways. Its just simply wrong in so many ways, even though many do it and the longer you've been a member here, the easier it is to not be noticed when behaving in similar ways. For some reason, people here put a lot of stock in what the rep number is as opposed to looking at the actual behavior and judging people based on that.
teshra: Look IT2013, I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions and looked like I was accusing you of potentially being a scammer.
Also, I personally do not believe your Torchlight and Witcher keys are exploited. Nor do I think any Fallout keys that were given away freely in these forums were exploited...that whole part about exploited keys has nothing to do with what I was trying to say.

Maybe I worded my comments poorly but what I was getting at is that its bad form and rather unscrupulous to enter giveaways for the purpose of using keys for any other reason outside of redeeming the games for yourself, to play the games.
One, you're taking away a chance from someone who entered the giveaway for that very reason, that they wanted to play the game.
Two, your using somebody's kindness and generosity for personal gain. Basically saying that their gift wasn't good enough for you but you want to use that to "upgrade" to a game more to your liking. And as stated, taking two freebies and trying to get value out of them is probably frowned upon in any gaming forum. This being no exception to that.

And as I've already stated, you're far from the first person to do that and are far from the last. At least you are honest in that regard and I respect that. May not condone it, but I respect the honesty at least, even if you came clean well after you've won the giveaways. Its just simply wrong in so many ways, even though many do it and the longer you've been a member here, the easier it is to not be noticed when behaving in similar ways. For some reason, people here put a lot of stock in what the rep number is as opposed to looking at the actual behavior and judging people based on that.
I appreciate and accept your apology from the beginning of your post. As for the rest of your post, I respect your opinion, but I disagree with it. As I said previously, the idea of trading games in exchange for other games, and trading GOG/Steam keys in exchange for other GOG/Steam keys, is one of the purposes of this thread as stated in the first post on the thread.

When people say in their posts in this thread that they have X, Y, and Z un-used GOG keys or un-used Steam keys, they may very well have gotten those keys from giveaways because, as you indicated, it's a common and accepted practice, albeit one that you personally disagree with. Also, when people start a giveaway on GOG, they have the option of saying something like, "For personal use only, no re-trading" or the option of not saying anything like that. Sometimes they do say, "No re-trading if you enter this giveaway and win" in the first post of their giveaway, and when they do say that, I respect their wishes.
Post edited January 01, 2014 by IT2013
IT2013: When people say in their posts in this thread that they have X, Y, and Z un-used GOG keys or un-used Steam keys, they may very well have gotten those keys from giveaways because, as you indicated, it's a common and accepted practice, albeit one that you personally disagree with. Also, when people start a giveaway on GOG, they have the option of saying something like, "For personal use only, no re-trading" or the option of not saying anything like that. Sometimes they do say, "No re-trading if you enter this giveaway and win" in the first post of their giveaway, and when they do say that, I respect their wishes and I don't enter the giveaway.
No, it is not a "common and accepted" practice. If you assume anything when you enter a giveaway, it's that the prize is only for your own personal use. If you want to use it in another manner, you must ask for permission from the gifter. Want to win a game for your little brother? Ask the host. Want to keep the game for a future giveaway? Ask the host. Want to keep the prize for trading? Ask the host! Yes, people have the option of writing things in their OP, but if they don't explicitly state that you can't use the prize as collateral in a cock-fighting bet, it doesn't mean that you may actually do so! The fact that there isn't a giant sheet of terms and conditions attached, only means that common sense applies: only enter if you're interested in the game; any other purpose requires the host's permission. After all, they've been kind enough to offer the prize and hold the giveaway, it's not right to go and second-guess them. Many of them may very well be fine with keeping the prize to trade, but you should still ask. A Witcher and a Torchlight key you might be able to get away with, but if this happened with a more significant prize, you could find yourself answering to a lot of angry people.
Hello again :P

Still trying to get Planescape: Torment, if anyone wants a game off Steam for $5 I'd be willing to trade it for Planescape: Torment. I'm pretty much SOL right now since my gift card doesn't work on GOG and I'm dying to play this game.
A bit of drama since I last checked the thread. Just for the record, I support this position:

Spinorial: No, it is not a "common and accepted" practice. If you assume anything when you enter a giveaway, it's that the prize is only for your own personal use. If you want to use it in another manner, you must ask for permission from the gifter.
I own the entire Fantasy Through History Bundle. If you need individual games (game) with a higher discount PM me. Paypal is my favorite option.
All gog trades

Have (all on gog):
Nexus - The Jupiter Incident
Master of Magic
The Real Texas
Geneforge 1-5

Want on gog:
Smugglers V
Papers Please
Sang-Froid
Battleworld Kronos
Driftmoon

Have traded before with "IamSinistar"
[H]
Trine 2 Complete Story (Steam)

[W]
Septerra Core (Steam)
Have:
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Planescape Torment

Want (all of those are currently available as daily deals):
Brutal Legend , 70% ,$4.49
Stacking , 80% ,$2.99
Costume Quest , 80% ,$2.99

Traded with: miszczu, Accatone, Leroux, wanderer_27, gbaz69, Aveweto, geoconker

edit: All my haves and wants refer, of course, to the GOG versions!
Post edited December 21, 2013 by fronzelneekburm