It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZPavelZ: Imo better safe than sorry. Plus since we have PP scammers here now too....
QC: PP Scammers?
I think I heard people say there were some PayPal scammers around? Or at least some code scammers I'm quite sure....
QC: PP Scammers?
ZPavelZ: I think I heard people say there were some PayPal scammers around? Or at least some code scammers I'm quite sure....
In other words, getting a code, trading to someone, then abusing the guarantee once the trade is made to get both the money and the trade?
ZPavelZ: I think I heard people say there were some PayPal scammers around? Or at least some code scammers I'm quite sure....
QC: In other words, getting a code, trading to someone, then abusing the guarantee once the trade is made to get both the money and the trade?
Precisely. As in this case, if the gifter himself is allowed to apply for a refund during 14 days (again IF this is possible even in case the code was already redeemed by someone, but the game was not downloaded) there is room for potential abuse. Notice many "IFs", which I could neither confirm nor deny, but again - better safe than sorry and my simple advice should help here imo.
Post edited December 09, 2013 by ZPavelZ
QC: In other words, getting a code, trading to someone, then abusing the guarantee once the trade is made to get both the money and the trade?
ZPavelZ: Precisely.
I can think of a second way, which is to announce trades on this thread, the items traded, and people. If a game is lost then counter-claim with this thread as proof. If nothing else it will help if people forget or are too slow to start a download before the policy claim is made.. Or we can ask GOG to change the policy for gift codes, which is a bit more unlikely.
QC: I can think of a second way, which is to announce trades on this thread, the items traded, and people. If a game is lost then counter-claim with this thread as proof. If nothing else it will help if people forget or are too slow to start a download before the policy claim is made.. Or we can ask GOG to change the policy for gift codes, which is a bit more unlikely.
Yeah that could also help, indeed.
QC: I can think of a second way, which is to announce trades on this thread, the items traded, and people. If a game is lost then counter-claim with this thread as proof. If nothing else it will help if people forget or are too slow to start a download before the policy claim is made.. Or we can ask GOG to change the policy for gift codes, which is a bit more unlikely.
i would not worry unlike other places if you explain what happened i think gog will work with you. not to many people scam for gog games since gog does stuff about it and most scams are for paypal or steam keys.
ZPavelZ: Yeah that could also help, indeed.
The gift code policy change could work actually now that I think about it. The games are good for a year or longer. You could say that redemption on a gift requires a 2-3 week period or something in order to be refunded. That would make it less worth the time to try and scam people, or require a bigger investment of games and keys which also results in a bigger risk of loss.
Thanks to Madmate for a smooth and friendly trade, even throwing in a courtesy gift! +1
ZPavelZ: Yeah that could also help, indeed.
QC: The gift code policy change could work actually now that I think about it. The games are good for a year or longer. You could say that redemption on a gift requires a 2-3 week period or something in order to be refunded. That would make it less worth the time to try and scam people, or require a bigger investment of games and keys which also results in a bigger risk of loss.
Well even now the rules say "14 days" so after 2 weeks such scamming would not be possible. However, in this case if you trade for "something currently on sale" you are still kind of potentially risking to loose whatever it is you gain (unless you download).
[Want]
- Blood of the Werewolf from current Bundle Stars - I'll trade multiple keys for each
- QbQbQb and Saviors (from current BIAB http://bundle-in-a-box.com/ )

[Have]
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/classifieds/post6900

edit:
thanks undeadcow(x2)
thanks ZPavelZ
Post edited December 13, 2013 by alexkoti
Hey guys, I have a Steam gift for Payday: The Heist left over from a 4-pack.

If anyone is interested, I can have a look at your disposable keys.
Drakhyrr: Hey guys, I have a Steam gift for Payday: The Heist left over from a 4-pack.

If anyone is interested, I can have a look at your disposable keys.
"disposable" not sure how you mean since this is intended as a trade thread, and not a dumping thread...

could you clarify a little please?
Updated
Hello everyone!

I list of what I have to trade:

[Steam keys]

Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit
Guardians of Middle-earth
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC
Mortal Kombat Kollection
Batman™: Arkham Origins DLC
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Scribblenauts Unlimited
FTL: Faster Than Light
LIMBO
Bastion
Greed Corp
Bundle with Cities XL Platinum, Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition, Divinity II: Developer's Cut, R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War, Game of Thrones, and Confrontation

[GOG]
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

I am interested in Steam or GOG games... make me an offer! I already have most top sold games on GOG, but I'm always looking to expand my collection.

Thanks!
Updated list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/classifieds/post9016

Still up for grabs End my world (Desura)
Pm me for the totally free key