It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Roger Zelaznys Bridge of Ashes - a small book about a plot of aliens
constructed and secretly guided the humans as their "biological terraformers" to do massive pollution until selfextinction.
From 1976 and just so up to date.
Finally! Have just started with these two:
The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas
Games People Play: The Psychology of Human Relationships by Eric Berne
Still on "Jerusalem." It is somewhat lengthy, after all. It's also very descriptive (excessively so?) and I usually shy away from that but in this case it works, probably because I'm an Anglophile. (Question: am I an Anglophile only by virtue of location? It is my blood, after all. Just rambling to myself.)

What else? Oh yeah, something totally different. A murder mystery, set in a small Connecticut town; I guess it could be considered an American version of a "cozy." I can't remember the name offhand, but apparently it's a series. If this first one is good I'll probably get the others.

I recently started reading "Darkwalker on Moonshae" again, mainly because I never finished the trilogy and I want to feel like I'm fifteen again.
Finishing "Pride and prejudice" by Jane Austen.

Beginning "Brave New World" By Aldous Huxley

;D
KWizard7: Finishing "Pride and prejudice" by Jane Austen.

;D
Such similar books. :P
KWizard7: Finishing "Pride and prejudice" by Jane Austen.

;D
tinyE: Such similar books. :P
Hahahahaha! Just to keep the expectation and interest up. Actually I'm reading those books to be busy while I wait for the 3rd book of The Kingkiller Chronicle series ;)
tinyE: '1984'

Man, things were a lot different back then.
I know! Big brother always watching you... xD
Post edited March 16, 2017 by KWizard7
Nexus by Ramez Naam.

Good cyberpunk trilogy where a new drug called Nexus allows people to interface in new ways. Since the drug is controlled by software, quickly the government wants to acquire the source code to it so it can be used as a mind-control device. Very interesting implications and philosophical quandaries put on display by this idea.
Just started The Hunter From the Woods, Robert McCammon's belated follow-up to The Wolf's Hour. If you don't know The Wolf's Hour, it's basically James Bond in WWII, and Bond is a werewolf.
Charles Bukowski's Ham on Rye. It's a story of an abusive and impoverished childhood. The writing is beatifully blunt and minimalistic. So far I love it.
Currently I'm reading the German translation of "The End of All Things" of the "Old Man's War" series by John Scalzi.
Firebrand9: Nexus by Ramez Naam.

Good cyberpunk trilogy where a new drug called Nexus allows people to interface in new ways. Since the drug is controlled by software, quickly the government wants to acquire the source code to it so it can be used as a mind-control device. Very interesting implications and philosophical quandaries put on display by this idea.
Ah, thank you, something to look into!
Terry Goodkind's "Death's Mistress." Did not expect it to be as good as it is.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by DieRuhe
Last night I finished "Mr. Paradise" by Elmore Leonard. I'll be starting "Seveneves" by Neal Stephenson this evening.
Crisis management for school, good stuff
I'm currently reading "The Worm Ouroboros" by E.R. Eddison. It's a gorgeous book. Plus a bunch of philosophy for school, mainly Wittgenstein and Heidegger,
I've been reading Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle, Summa Theologica by St. Thomas Aquinas, and Curious George Makes Pancakes by Margret Rey.
Post edited April 04, 2017 by Gengar78