It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Madshaker: GUNS - Non-Fiction Essay by Stephen King,,

its a good short story about whats happing in our time and i feel his way of explaining his view
very deep and amazing, a side of the great writer i have never seen in his books before ..

they have it as a free read on some kindle sites ect ,,,, check it out :)
infinite9: Fuck no. Burn and delete his propaganda and have him go back to writing crappy horror fiction since his work hasn't been decent in decades.
This. I don't follow him on Twitter because of his insistence on pushing his politics. It's like, I don't care about that, Steve, I don't even know you, and I prefer to think for myself. I feel the same way about musicians and anyone else who's famous and uses political issues as some sort of five-second approval propaganda.
Coolidge by Amity Shlaes. A biography and in-depth look at 30th President of the United States of America Calvin Coolidge and his administration and his body of work in politics and the results.

If this book remains quality throughout I will pick up her book The Forgotten Man about the Great Depression.
infinite9: Among some of the books I am currently reading...

Barbarians: How Baby Boomers, Immigrants, and Islam Screwed My Generation by Lauren Southern. It is about how the troubles with the millenials and their virtue signaling and "change for the sake of change" attitude was a long time coming because of the decadence and hedonism of previous generations like the baby boomers and the Frankfurt school of thought of cultural Marxism. It deals with how to fight back and Southern's personal experiences with such "regressions" from the so called "tolerant left wing."

Fuck no. Burn and delete his propaganda and have him go back to writing crappy horror fiction since his work hasn't been decent in decades.
How is Lauren's book?

I am glad she mentioned the Frankfurt "school of thought." Does it touch on issues specific to Canada or does it also mention the US, Europe and Australia? Such as in the US, democrats and Regressives from the 1920s onward pushing to teach less math and the Frankfurt school claiming that American schools teach more math than students will ever need. A decision that is killing this country now for more than 60 years.

The lunacy of schools claiming Math and Science are racist. Yes, 2+2=4 is now racist. It is no longer fact it is "white supremacy"
I've been picking away at Watchers by Dean Koontz, slowly. I'm don't dislike it exactly, but I also don't find it to have very effective plotting or characterization. I will finish it and then most likely just not read much more by Koontz.
andysheets1975: I've been picking away at Watchers by Dean Koontz, slowly. I'm don't dislike it exactly, but I also don't find it to have very effective plotting or characterization. I will finish it and then most likely just not read much more by Koontz.
I LOVE that book, but if you don't then I can save you the time and recommend you not read any more by him.
Mika Waltari's Suuri illusioni. Pretty enjoyable so far.
Most Secret by John Dickson Carr, not my favourite by a long shot as I preferred his The Bride in Newgate and a couple of others more. I like the occasional historical novel but this one's main character gets on my nerves. Not quite finished it yet.
"A Canticle for Leibowitz".
infinite9: Fuck no. Burn and delete his propaganda
Definitely this.

Any others? I actually just finished reading Fahrenheit 451 last week. That goes on the pile for sure.

What else should I burn?
Post edited February 24, 2017 by budejovice
infinite9: Fuck no. Burn and delete his propaganda
budejovice: Definitely this.

Any others? I actually just finished reading Fahrenheit 451 last week. That goes on the pile for sure.

What else should I burn?
Maybe these people were just cold?
Attachments:
burning.jpg (51 Kb)
budejovice: Definitely this.

What else should I burn?
tinyE: Maybe these people were just cold?
it looks like a Tuesday at UC Berkley, or 95 percent of current US colleges.
infinite9: Reflections on European Mythology and Polytheism by Varg Vikernes. It is about clarifying the symbolism and deeper meanings behind Germanic paganism/heathenism and how Christian writers tried to rewrite it by making Loki sound like the Devil or Ragnorak sound like a permanent death of certain deities when, according to Varg, Ragnorak was suppose to be a temporary death and was more of an allegory for winter or an ice age. Also, he talks about connections between the Norse religion and the Indo-European and proto-Indo-European (PIE) concepts. He even explains about how this can be shown by examining the old Indo-European and proto-Indo-European languages and artifacts. Basically, the eddas are heavily Christianized since the writers were Christian and lived during times of extreme censorship but looking past the Christian tie-ins and looking at connections to the Indo-European spiritual concepts can dismantle much of the Christianization.
I have the book just besides me but it's far away in my reading queue :o)

Actually, it's interesting to notice that most of the articles from the book are still available in the French version of his blog while it seems only a few remained on his English one. BTW, if you want to dig further on Indo-Europeans, you should check out Georges Dumezil's books (some have been translated in English) as he was a reference in this field.
"The World's Largest Man" by Harrison Scott Key. Semi-autobiographical humor story of the writer's experience growing up as a bookish kid with a manly-man dad, in the 80s deep South. About 40% through it, and I'm liking the book to this point.
Dogma et Rituel by Eliphas Levi.
Currently, I'm reading tips for writing essay about relationships here https://www.ozessay.com.au/essay-about-relationships-four-pillars-of-a-successful-relationship. I need to write it till the end of the month and I'm going to use some help of this writing service. Once these guys helped me a lot with plagiarism and grammar check.