It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bethesda Publisher Sale

Swords and sorcery, chainsaws and demon guts, madness and Lovecraft. All iconic duos in their own way. A wealth of experiences lay within the Bethesda library, boasting some of the most influential modern day games. Whether it’s the sprawling worlds of Fallout or Elder Scrolls, or the tight blood-drenched Mars bases of Doom, it’s hard to overlook the quality of depth Bethesda has under their name.

This weekend’s sale is all about celebrating those great games. Naturally, by celebration, we mean a sale. Explore the rich history of the Fallout series with Fallout & Fallout 2, both with 75% off. From its isometric past to its modern first-person view, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition paved the way for the series in the modern age.

Role-playing isn’t restricted to the post-apocalyptic world. The highly celebrated entries in the Elder Scrolls series are also part of the sale. Two games that defined their respective generations, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition Deluxe and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY Edition, are both 50% off.

As for a taste of the old-school, Doom II + Final Doom, Return To Castle Wolfenstein and the Quake series are all included in the weekend sale.

Oh, and the return of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, complete with a 50% discount.

The sale ends August 20th, 10pm UTC.
Misanthropic: Only thing I was wrong about was the DRM free tax.
I beg your pardon?

mk47at: Now that's a funny pricing policy. Oblivion costs as much as Doom 2016 during the Quake Con sale on Steam last week.
FulVal: Meh... no Heretic/Hexen series :S
CARRiON-XCII: Activision.
Err, nope, those game rights are wholly owned by id these days. There is no real barrier for them coming to GOG. Heretic 2 seems to be the only exception.
Post edited August 17, 2018 by Mr.Mumbles
CARRiON-XCII: Activision.
Mr.Mumbles: Err, nope, those game rights are wholly owned by id these days. There is no real barrier for them coming to GOG.
Any proof? Because them being on Steam doesn't mean anything anymore if that's what you're getting at. They went up on Steam before Bethesda acquired id Software. The Heretic and Hexen games were made by Raven Software and Activision owns them. Activision also owns Heretic 2 and Hexen 2's expansion, which are not available even on Steam.

This all points to id and Activision striking a deal to release on Steam at the time.
greeklover: Does the Steam version work as it should? I have done some research and it seems it has problems and one should prefer the gog version.
GR00T: What problems? I played it a while back (Steam version) and didn't have any glaring issues other than the usual with Bethesda games (not hacking on Bethesda, as I personally like their games, but that's the reality).
People are mentioning problems with never ending loading screens, bad optimization for Windows 7/10, missing a patch for use of 4GB ram or something, GWFL dependancy, need for extra fixes for stutter etc. Some of these may be valid only for Fallout 3, the threads I had read were talking about both games
Good to see Cthulhu, Dagon & Co back, but is the game really fixed now ?
Mr.Mumbles: Err, nope, those game rights are wholly owned by id these days. There is no real barrier for them coming to GOG.
Nope. Tim Willits (id Software's CEO) himself said that the general Heretic/HeXen rights belong to Raven and id only retains the publishing rights, which may be very limited considering that the games aren't even available in any Steam reseller site like Fanatical or Humble Store.
Grargar: Nope. Tim Willits (id Software's CEO) himself said that the general Heretic/HeXen rights belong to Raven and id only retains the publishing rights, which may be very limited considering that the games aren't even available in any Steam reseller site like Fanatical or Humble Store.
Really? Weird. Oh well.
Mr.Mumbles: Really? Weird. Oh well.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/quakecon_starts_next_week_if_there_is_a_gog_release_in_celebration_what_bethesda_games_would_you/post25

What about Heretic and Hexen; do you know who owns the rights?

Tim Willits: "Oh, that’s a complicated thing, but yes I do. We, id Software, have the publishing rights. And Activision, has the development rights. So that’s a bit of a hairy situation as one of us would have to relinquish those rights."

Has that conversation happened though?

Tim Willits: "Not in the last few years."
MaxFulvus: Good to see Cthulhu, Dagon & Co back, but is the game really fixed now ?
If it were, do you really think they would have set the full price at $4.99 U.S.? ;)
Grargar: Nope. Tim Willits (id Software's CEO) himself said that the general Heretic/HeXen rights belong to Raven and id only retains the publishing rights, which may be very limited considering that the games aren't even available in any Steam reseller site like Fanatical or Humble Store.
Mr.Mumbles: Really? Weird. Oh well.
Don't feel bad, all of Raven's games are a sad mess with multiple publishers behind them.
greeklover: People are mentioning problems with never ending loading screens, bad optimization for Windows 7/10, missing a patch for use of 4GB ram or something, GWFL dependancy, need for extra fixes for stutter etc. Some of these may be valid only for Fallout 3, the threads I had read were talking about both games
Didn't run into any of that when I played FO:NV. Played it on my Win7 rig with core i7 920 processor and 16 GB RAM, if memory serves (can't recall the exact specs of my old rig). Although I did mod the shit out of it, so may have used a stutter fixer and/or the large address aware mods (can't recall if I used it for NV, as I know I did for FO3).

Played FO3 on the same rig, but the retail GotY edition. Didn't deal with GFWL at all with that one.

*edit* Thanks for the info though. :)
Post edited August 17, 2018 by GR00T
Gfwl in Fallout3 was removed some months's ago with a patch
greeklover: People are mentioning problems with never ending loading screens, bad optimization for Windows 7/10, missing a patch for use of 4GB ram or something, GWFL dependancy, need for extra fixes for stutter etc. Some of these may be valid only for Fallout 3, the threads I had read were talking about both games
I can confirm the issues for Fallout 3 on Steam: it does not "officially" support Windows 7/8/10, it's still bundled with GFWL (and requires it to be installed or cracked to run properly) and has a couple of memory bugs. As GOG claims, all of this is fixed in the GOG version (GFWL is gone, of course, and the game now comes with a few "unofficial fixes" which make him run natively on Windows 10 and without any RAM-related issues). At this point, given the possibility, no one should even bother getting and/or playing the Steam version of Fallout 3. On GOG, the game is much more polished.

Fallout NV, on the other hand, has a never-ending loading screen bug on Steam (and I think on GOG too) but it's pretty rare and if I recall correctly it can be fixed with an unofficial patch. Nothing else, AFAIK. It's Steamworks and Windows 10 ready.
Post edited August 17, 2018 by user deleted
HunchBluntley: If it were, do you really think they would have set the full price at $4.99 U.S.? ;)
That's means nothing for me. RTCW is $4,99 too and it is fully playable !
Thanks for bringing back Call of Cthulhu.

If you could do the same for Chessmaster 9000, Cryostasis, Dark Matter, Death Gate, Devil's Dare, ObsCure, Original War, Pony Island, Scratches, Second Sight, both Space Rangers, Star Control III, Terratech, UFO: Afterlight, Wallace & Gromit, and XIII then I'd be really happy. :) Hell, just get everything back that was removed except Armello.