It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bethesda Publisher Sale

Swords and sorcery, chainsaws and demon guts, madness and Lovecraft. All iconic duos in their own way. A wealth of experiences lay within the Bethesda library, boasting some of the most influential modern day games. Whether it’s the sprawling worlds of Fallout or Elder Scrolls, or the tight blood-drenched Mars bases of Doom, it’s hard to overlook the quality of depth Bethesda has under their name.

This weekend’s sale is all about celebrating those great games. Naturally, by celebration, we mean a sale. Explore the rich history of the Fallout series with Fallout & Fallout 2, both with 75% off. From its isometric past to its modern first-person view, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition paved the way for the series in the modern age.

Role-playing isn’t restricted to the post-apocalyptic world. The highly celebrated entries in the Elder Scrolls series are also part of the sale. Two games that defined their respective generations, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition Deluxe and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY Edition, are both 50% off.

As for a taste of the old-school, Doom II + Final Doom, Return To Castle Wolfenstein and the Quake series are all included in the weekend sale.

Oh, and the return of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, complete with a 50% discount.

The sale ends August 20th, 10pm UTC.
GOG, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for getting back Cthulhu!!! This made my day, I thought I had lost the chance to get it forever. So happy with this news. Insta-buy.

Sure, it would be awesome to have Skyrim, but I am very happy with just this release for now! I do feel optimistic Skyrim will come in time as there was once a point when it was believed the newer Fallout games would not come (my #1 game, Fallout: New Vegas, coming here, was part of why I decided to return to PC gaming after essentially over a decade). Also while not part of the sale, but intrigued by some of the other new releases coming in too. Maybe names like Skyrim and Fallout 4 (ehh) are not here, but there is a lot to be happy with right now!
tfishell: I disagree with the "don't do a banner" for sales, but I don't think it's worth arguing over.

However I am curious what Bethesda games you want to be able to buy on GOG.
Well it's misleading, as a giant sale banner traditionally means something special, and a sale of stuff already here does not count.

As for what games? I would buy on here, without discount, without question:

Skyrim
DOOM 3 & ROE (the real Doom 3, not this crippled BFG nonsense)
DOOM 2016
Wolfenstein: 2009/The New Order/The Old Blood/The New Colossus
Dishonoured 1/2
Fallout 4
The Evil Within
Post edited August 18, 2018 by ReynardFox
low rated
deleted
Nothing new, except for the return of the Call of Cthulhu. Bought. Mine forever :D Thanks for this!

I would like to see something new, also, like Skyrim, Dishonored or the Wolfenstein series since 2009. Maybe some day? Who knows, but i am not optimistic.
Experiment513: 'Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth'

w00t! Bought! (before it dissappears again...) Is it cripled or...?
firstpastthepost: It's still pretty buggy. I haven't played through the whole gog version yet but I did experience the bug in the hotel chase sequence, which made it unplayable for me without cheating. Once I was out of the hotel I didn't experience any major bugs, but I haven't reached the areas with other known major bugs yet.
Which bug is that? The only problem I encountered was trying to move the bookcase in front of the door always resulted in my dying. But just running ahead allowed me to get by fine.
YES! So glad to see Call of Cthulhu back in the store. Missed it the first time around so that was a quick buy. Other than that I own everything else in the sale.

Now bring more of your games here, Bethesda, so I can give you more money.
I might have missed an announcement from one of the blues, but have we managed to find out why Call of Cthulhu was removed initially from GOG?

I see a lot of posts about bugs in the first GOG release, so for now I'm assuming that GOG started receiving a lot of complaints about the game being busted, and they decided to remove it from the store until they managed to fix it. It would be nice to know definitively what happened.
AGHHH! Too many good games that I really liked coming out! Call of cthulu, Bards tale, and I`ve just got the Phantom Doctrine... I want them aalllll!

No time to play any of them either.
Post edited August 18, 2018 by Socratatus
MadalinStroe: I might have missed an announcement from one of the blues, but have we managed to find out why Call of Cthulhu was removed initially from GOG?

I see a lot of posts about bugs in the first GOG release, so for now I'm assuming that GOG started receiving a lot of complaints about the game being busted, and they decided to remove it from the store until they managed to fix it. It would be nice to know definitively what happened.
A takedown request, elcook said:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_call_of_cthulhu_dark_corners_of_the_earth_b7169/post203

Whether it was one of the fixes that was included without permission from a modder or someone at Chaosium (trademark owners of "Call of Cthulhu") having an issue with the GOG release, that, we'll never know.
Post edited August 18, 2018 by Grargar
Bethesda needs to give us Terminator 2029.
DoomSooth: Bethesda needs to give us Terminator 2029.
Also, Future Shock and SkyNET would be nice too. :)
DoomSooth: Bethesda needs to give us Terminator 2029.
Andrey82: Also, Future Shock and SkyNET would be nice too. :)
I had a lot more fun with 2029. It has a nasty crash at the end, though, due to being extremely picky about how your memory is configured.
I have the first Quake on disc, but I'm missing one expansion, so I might just grab it here for convenience. It annoys me that the version here is gimped though, so I just wonder.. is there a easy way to restore Trent's soundtrack?

skeecher: snip
Nice write-up! Just bought it :)
Plokite_Wolf: For Quake III it is. Qtracker will help you hunt more servers, though.
Thanks for the link. Maybe I'll give it a try.
Ganni1987: If you can tolerate installing Steam once, I'd say get the original one there...
TheMonkofDestiny: Not even a need to do that if you go poking around the Doom forum here on GOG.
Please go into details, I checked the postings there and found nothing? :(