It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01:
Thank you MarkoH01:)
low rated
MarkoH01: Just because YOU don't need it does not mean that others did - have some empathy, please!
This assumes everyone must be empathetic for every random minor-major cause someone has to be truly caring/empathetic....but as the saying goes: People only have so many f**ks to give, and are free to hand them out as they see fit
high rated
MarkoH01: Just because YOU don't need it does not mean that others did - have some empathy, please!
GameRager: This assumes everyone must be empathetic for every random minor-major cause someone has to be truly caring/empathetic....but as the saying goes: People only have so many f**ks to give, and are free to hand them out as they see fit
If something is minor or major is also completely subjective. Also to be able to realize this you truly need to be able to emphasize which obviously is not the case for some.
Post edited April 08, 2020 by MarkoH01
low rated
MarkoH01: If something is minor or major is also completely subjective.
Some things are still objectively minor or major on the scale of needs(and other such metrics), or in genera/in the grand scheme of things, though.

MarkoH01: Also to be able to realize this you truly need to be able to emphasize which obviously is not the case for some.
So are you saying that because some don't empathize with this one thing that they cannot(or do not) empathize at all(or hardly ever)?

Also what about those that empathize who needed the DLer(not just liked using it) but who also see this(trying to get it back via forum posts and a wishlist) as a lost cause?
Post edited April 08, 2020 by GameRager
high rated
GameRager: Some things are still objectively minor or major on the scale of needs(and other such metrics), or in genera/in the grand scheme of things, though.
Well, if you go that route I could say as well that EVERYTHING regarding GOG is objectively minor because we are talking about pure entertainment and notz about things that are necessary to survive. Then again I could say the same things about cars and so on. No, m ypoint that it is subjective stays.

MarkoH01: So are you saying that because some don't empathize with this one thing that they cannot(or do not) empathize at all(or hardly ever)?
You should not confuse accepting something with empathy. It is NOT about what you think but accepting that others might feel/think different.

MarkoH01: Also what about those that empathize who needed the DLer(not just liked using it) but who also see this(trying to get it back via forum posts and a wishlist) as a lost cause?
Please, please, please! Why on earth is it important that YOU or OTHERS do think that it's a lost cause if you don't even care about the Downloader? Why do you even care about our complaints? I absolutely don't understand why you and people like you can't just walk by and leave us alone. This is between those who feel offended by GOG and GOG - it has nothing to do with anybody else. I would not participate in any discussion about missing Linux games because I don't use Linux and so there's no reason to even join such a discussion. So if you are not interested in the Downloader - please don't continue to post here!
Post edited April 08, 2020 by MarkoH01
low rated

Well, if you go that route I could say as well that EVERYTHING regarding GOG is objectively minor because we are talking about pure entertainment and notz about things that are necessary to survive.
And you'd be right to say such/when saying such.

Btw what I meant with that is that at least we can DL offline installers with at least 2 methods....if they took those away it'd be more important/worth getting up in arms over for more people.

Then again I could say the same things about cars and so on. No, m ypoint that it is subjective stays.
Fair enough

You should not confuse accepting something with empathy. It is NOT about what you think but accepting that others might feel/think different.
I wasn't trying to.

I accept others think differently on this.....I even empathize with most who needed it(needed, not preferred).....I(dunno about the others) just see it as a "lost cause" and not worth all the time being spent on it**.

(**=if one is going to go the current routes to try and get such back on GOG, that is)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, please, please! Why on earth is it important that YOU or OTHERS do think that it's a lost cause if you don't even care about the Downloader? Why do you even care about our complaints? I absolutely don't understand why you and people like you can't just walk by and leave us alone. This is between those who feel offended by GOG and GOG - it has nothing to do with anybody else.
I post/reply in this thread because it(the topic and some posts) is of interest to me and I feel like replying....same as most here(on the forums) likely reply to things.

I would not participate in any discussion about missing Linux games because I don't use Linux and so there's no reason to even join such a discussion. So if you are not interested in the Downloader - please don't continue to post here!
As you asked "Who does it harm for us to post here?", I ask the same: "Who does it harm for me to reply here?"

If you dislike my posts then you are free to keep ignoring them, but please don't mini mod people's right to post here.
Post edited April 08, 2020 by GameRager
MarkoH01: Galaxy is not able to do the same that Downloader did which has been said multiple times.
Why not?
high rated
MarkoH01: Galaxy is not able to do the same that Downloader did which has been said multiple times.
M3troid: Why not?
1) Galaxy is not showing when non installed games are updated.
2) Galaxy is unable to recognize if the installer already have been downloaded.
3) Galaxy does still create a complete useless tmp folder in each download folder and it does not have the same folder structure.

(The third point is a bit annoying but not the true problem - just wanted to mention it as well)
high rated

Well, if you go that route I could say as well that EVERYTHING regarding GOG is objectively minor because we are talking about pure entertainment and notz about things that are necessary to survive.
GameRager: And you'd be right to say such/when saying such.

Btw what I meant with that is that at least we can DL offline installers with at least 2 methods....if they took those away it'd be more important/worth getting up in arms over for more people.

Then again I could say the same things about cars and so on. No, m ypoint that it is subjective stays.
GameRager: Fair enough

GameRager: I wasn't trying to.

I accept others think differently on this.....I even empathize with most who needed it(needed, not preferred).....I(dunno about the others) just see it as a "lost cause" and not worth all the time being spent on it**.

(**=if one is going to go the current routes to try and get such back on GOG, that is)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, please, please! Why on earth is it important that YOU or OTHERS do think that it's a lost cause if you don't even care about the Downloader? Why do you even care about our complaints? I absolutely don't understand why you and people like you can't just walk by and leave us alone. This is between those who feel offended by GOG and GOG - it has nothing to do with anybody else.
GameRager: I post/reply in this thread because it(the topic and some posts) is of interest to me and I feel like replying....same as most here(on the forums) likely reply to things.

I would not participate in any discussion about missing Linux games because I don't use Linux and so there's no reason to even join such a discussion. So if you are not interested in the Downloader - please don't continue to post here!
GameRager: As you asked "Who does it harm for us to post here?", I ask the same: "Who does it harm for me to reply here?"

If you dislike my posts then you are free to keep ignoring them, but please don't mini mod people's right to post here.
GameRager, I would be grateful if you could tell me what you think you are adding to this discussion.

It is a given that gog have reduced the available options to download games from three to two and that this reduction inevitably upsets some customers.

Said customers now wish to express their disappointment with this decision.

There have now been several posts and evidence given that the remaining options available to customers is markedly less than it was before and they are expressing their opinion as a result.

What exactly is your point here?
I have now tried galaxy and uninstalled it. Too many things I didn't want. I know they took the downloader away to drive people to Galaxy, but if they keep pushing it then it's just going to wind up as another form of drm.
low rated
MarkoH01: I guess "sympathy lost" as well?
yup
high rated
MarkoH01: I guess "sympathy lost" as well?
Fairfox: yup
Congratulations Fairfox.

Yet another nonsensical post in this thread and you managed it with only three letters.
low rated
lazydog: GameRager, I would be grateful if you could tell me what you think you are adding to this discussion.
I am just shooting the bull/posting replies to posts that interest me and/or that I want to reply to....nothing more, nothing less.

lazydog: It is a given that gog have reduced the available options to download games from three to two and that this reduction inevitably upsets some customers.

And I am not trying to stop anyone from doing so...I am just mainly expressing how I feel about a few people's reactions(in general) to this, and also how viable I feel the "bring back GOG DLer" efforts started by others are.

lazydog: There have now been several posts and evidence given that the remaining options available to customers is markedly less than it was before and they are expressing their opinion as a result.
And I have no problem with people doing so.

Also if I may ask: Which people are we talking about?

If it's those with actual issues using other methods(browser/galaxy/etc): I sympathize and wish they had a working alternative/something to help with their download/etc issues.

If it's those who are just bothered they have to click some extra buttons and spend a bit more time getting their games, I sympathize somewhat less(as I don't see it as that much of a problem in such cases).

lazydog: What exactly is your point here?
Read above...I hope that clears it(why I post here) up somewhat.
high rated
lazydog: GameRager, I would be grateful if you could tell me what you think you are adding to this discussion.
GameRager: I am just shooting the bull/posting replies to posts that interest me and/or that I want to reply to....nothing more, nothing less.

lazydog: It is a given that gog have reduced the available options to download games from three to two and that this reduction inevitably upsets some customers.

GameRager: And I am not trying to stop anyone from doing so...I am just mainly expressing how I feel about a few people's reactions(in general) to this, and also how viable I feel the "bring back GOG DLer" efforts started by others are.

lazydog: There have now been several posts and evidence given that the remaining options available to customers is markedly less than it was before and they are expressing their opinion as a result.
GameRager: And I have no problem with people doing so.

Also if I may ask: Which people are we talking about?

If it's those with actual issues using other methods(browser/galaxy/etc): I sympathize and wish they had a working alternative/something to help with their download/etc issues.

If it's those who are just bothered they have to click some extra buttons and spend a bit more time getting their games, I sympathize somewhat less(as I don't see it as that much of a problem in such cases).

lazydog: What exactly is your point here?
GameRager: Read above...I hope that clears it(why I post here) up somewhat.
GameRager, perhaps I should make something clear to you.

Nobody actually cares where your sympathies may lie.

In fact it is very difficult to establish what side of the fence you are on. No doubt you will attempt to obfuscate this statement in the same manner you do with all your other posts both here and in other threads.

Put plainly, you quite simply have nothing of value to say.
low rated
lazydog: Put plainly, you quite simply have nothing of value to say.
I didn't know how best to reply to this, so I decided to be somewhat serious and somewhat silly(interpret it as you will):

Serious reply: I'm not posting here(on GOG) solely for your benefit or anyone else's, or trying to make posts that "change the world"(so to speak).

Silly reply: Ouch...that was harsh, my man.....uncool, man, uncool.
Post edited April 10, 2020 by GameRager