It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
lazydog: Put plainly, you quite simply have nothing of value to say.
GameRager: I didn't know how best to reply to this, so I decided to be somewhat serious and somewhat silly(interpret it as you will):

Serious reply: I'm not posting here for your benefit or anyone else's, or to try to "change the world"(so to speak).

Silly reply: Ouch...that was harsh, my man.....uncool, man, uncool.
This is exactly the kind of response that I would have expected from someone like yourself.

It neither addresses any of the points raised or clarifies your position. In fact it can be clearly seen that you have no position- you merely wish to keep typing.
low rated
lazydog: This is exactly the kind of response that I would have expected from someone like yourself.
Tbh, at the time I felt it was appropriate given your post about my posts essentially not having value.

lazydog: It neither addresses any of the points raised or clarifies your position.
I already stated my position a few times over(as have others) and this thread has more or less run it's course...now there's not much else to do.

lazydog: In fact it can be clearly seen that you have no position- you merely wish to keep typing.
I do have one and(as I said) I stated it a few times already.

Also what's so bad about typing for the sake of typing? Must all posts on the thread/forum of scholarly debate or similar? Haven't you ever heard of small talk?
high rated
lazydog: In fact it can be clearly seen that you have no position- you merely wish to keep typing.
Well, it tends to be quite clear that he does have a position: To relentlessly fight to make others stop fighting. Out of sheer exhaustion in case of those targeted, and in case of others because the topics become next to impossible to follow and the actual issues buried under the back and forth centered around his posts.
So... Might I suggest that everyone kindly stop replying to any of this and just stick to the matter at hand (whatever it may be, not just this thread, I mean)?
high rated
lazydog: This is exactly the kind of response that I would have expected from someone like yourself.
GameRager: Tbh, at the time I felt it was appropriate given your post about my posts essentially not having value.

lazydog: It neither addresses any of the points raised or clarifies your position.
GameRager: I already stated my position a few times over(as have others) and this thread has more or less run it's course...now there's not much else to do.

GameRager: I do have one and(as I said) I stated it a few times already.

Also what's so bad about typing for the sake of typing? Must all posts on the thread/forum of scholarly debate or similar? Haven't you ever heard of small talk?
You are a troll GameRager. It is as simple as that.

You do a disservice to these forums, not to mention gog, by continuing to post your drivel.
low rated
Cavalary: So... Might I suggest that everyone kindly stop replying to any of this and just stick to the matter at hand (whatever it may be, not just this thread, I mean)?
I agree with this 100%....I will try to stick to the topic at hand from now on as best I can(not making promises, but i'll try).
=======================================================

lazydog: You are a troll GameRager. It is as simple as that.

You do a disservice to these forums, not to mention gog, by continuing to post your drivel.
Believe what you will.....but I think we should all just do as Cavalary suggested and stick to the topic at hand(which is not me).
=============================================================
=============================================================

To all: Even though I don't hold out much hope(being more a realist than an optimist in such cases) for GOG bringing the DLer back, I wish those trying to get the GOG DLer back godspeed/the best of luck(or, failing that, that they will find some other route to follow should their efforts not pan out).

That said, I am done with this thread for now(minus the occasional reply to a post here and there)....later, all.
Post edited April 10, 2020 by GameRager
Something that hasn't really brought up: How are you supposed to download movies? Even the Galaxy-willing are kind of screwed here, since there is no tab for downloading movies via Galaxy. Downloading 13GB of Kingdom Come Deliverance Making Of or 20 GB of 4K Witcher concert via browser is asking a bit much.
low rated
fronzelneekburm: Downloading 13GB of Kingdom Come Deliverance Making Of or 20 GB of 4K Witcher concert via browser is asking a bit much.
how? mebbe im spoiled; i used to download twice that much just fine
high rated
Please don't forget to vote:)

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/keep_the_gog_downloader_and_keep_it_up_to_date
fronzelneekburm: Something that hasn't really brought up: How are you supposed to download movies? Even the Galaxy-willing are kind of screwed here, since there is no tab for downloading movies via Galaxy. Downloading 13GB of Kingdom Come Deliverance Making Of or 20 GB of 4K Witcher concert via browser is asking a bit much.
I used a download manager using a link from the browser site. Simple.
The new Galaxy client could be made super modular so that you could hide everything unnecessary and just use it to download installers and goodies.
fronzelneekburm: Downloading 13GB of Kingdom Come Deliverance Making Of or 20 GB of 4K Witcher concert via browser is asking a bit much.
Fairfox: how? mebbe im spoiled; i used to download twice that much just fine
I have a lot of problems DL off the browser. Others also report problems. Why do you discount other's issues with DL from GOG? Why can't you support people having problems instead of casting doubt on them?
low rated
It's not a problem with the downloader. It's a problem with the entire country logged on for whatever needs they including finding food and paper products. The system not setup for eveyone being at home at the same time. I can download my games but I can't update. Here; Steam; Wow; all the other crap I have. Try late at night or just play cards.
GarbageKnight: It's not a problem with the downloader. It's a problem with the entire country logged on for whatever needs they including finding food and paper products. The system not setup for eveyone being at home at the same time. I can download my games but I can't update. Here; Steam; Wow; all the other crap I have. Try late at night or just play cards.
I guess it depends where you live and who your provider is. I, for one, haven't experienced any deterioration in internet or download speed over here (North Carolina).
ELFswe: The new Galaxy client could be made super modular so that you could hide everything unnecessary and just use it to download installers and goodies.
Making it modular translates into coding the GOG Galaxy client in such a way that gives users the choice which components to install, not just hiding what they don't want to use. But that's likely against what GOG wants to achieve with their client, so not going to happen even though it was repeatedly requested when it was first introduced, and repeatedly ignored.
chandra: After announcing that we’re ceasing the active development for GOG Downloader 6 years ago, the time has come to disable it. We put a lot of work into making GOG.COM an up-to-date place for gamers. Supporting GOG Downloader, which became an obsolete tool some time ago, simply does not go hand in hand with the goal we mentioned above.

In a week from now, we will deactivate GOG Downloader entirely, and it won’t be possible to download any files with it. As of the 17th of March, there will be two methods of downloading games from GOG.COM – via the browser or with the GOG GALAXY app. For more information on how to download your games and digital goodies go here.
Absolute b.s.

I just tried to download a game and now am being asked to install GOG Galaxy to play it. Either that or download via the browser, which takes far longer to do.

Oh well, good to know and bye bye GOG.

I'll be downloading my games onto hard drives and giving up on this place. Many of the new changes have been for the worst, and this is the final straw for me.