It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some of these games are visiting the Cloud for the first time!

UPDATE: To keep track of the ever-growing list of games that support this feature, you can always go here.

Did you hear? GOG Galaxy is getting a huge update to version 1.2 and along with its other great additions and improvements, it also brings Universal Cloud Saves! Some of the games already supported are beloved classics, some are more recent titles, and some of these games (marked in bold) got this feature implemented for the first time ever! Come take a look at the current list:

Night in the Woods
Undertale
Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines
Planescape: Torment
Might and Magic 7
Heroes of Might and Magic III: Complete

Dragon Age: Origins
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
FTL
Stardew Valley
Tyranny
The Witcher Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - GOTY
Shovel Knight
Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Shadowrun Hong Kong
Darkest Dungeon
Firewatch
The Witness
Divinity: Original Sin
No Man's Sky
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Pillars of Eternity
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator

The GOG Galaxy Update 1.2 is available today to users who opted to test upcoming updates, and will be rolling out to everyone in April. To download GOG Galaxy or see what’s new and improved visit GOG.com/Galaxy.
Johny.: Are you joking? :)

If not, I can say Vel_Grozny is not a GOG employee.

You don't have to use cloud saves - you can disable them globally, or per game. You also have your saves locally in default location, and you can play offline. How is that DRM?
It's not DRM of course, but some people read "cloud saves" and what they see is "My save games are stored against my will in the cloud unconditionally, without any other option and I am forced to use cloud saves whether I like it or not." and automatically conclude that it must then be DRM based on their incorrect assumption that it is mandatory and that they have no control over it.

That leads them to making blunt incorrect statements that cloud saves are DRM. I can see how someone can consider mandatory cloud saves to be a form of anti-consumer behaviour and thus make such statements (whether or not it is technically DRM), but when the feature is completely optional it is neither DRM nor anti-consumer. Especially when the feature is actually one of the most highly voted for options that GOG's consumers voted to have GOG add to the platform as an optional feature.

Nobody is really a fan of games or game companies adding such features and making them mandatory, thus requiring an online connection to play games, but then GOG's cloud save feature isn't mandatory nor forced upon anyone, so there is no real validity to any complaints or moans about such a feature really, at least not on the GOG platform.

Dibuk: W3 cloud saves don't work for me and for the life of me I can't find the fps counter feature.
The FPS counter is currently useless, as it only appears if and when you activate the overlay, so it never shows up while you're actually playing the game. No idea why GOG implemented it like that considering every other application that has an FPS counter in overlay for games displays it constantly over top of the game while you're playing it. It's either got to be a technical reason that they haven't yet gotten around to addressing, or they've never themselves used software that puts an overlay on-game constantly before so weren't sure how to implement it correctly. :) I doubt the latter is true, so there must be some technical limitation that they'll overcome in a future Galaxy build I presume. Hope so, as the current FPS counter is almost less than useless. :)
Post edited June 03, 2017 by skeletonbow
Ok, this board is the only one where I've ever heard about cloud-saves.
What are those good for and why are they so important to some people?

I entirely fail to see the point.
Post edited June 03, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Klumpen0815: Ok, this board is the only one where I've ever heard about cloud-saves.

Well, if your local backup fail for some reason (the HD broke, a malaware delete it or something like that) you will be able to recover your save file from a remote server.
Of course you can do it manually if you want (you just need a dropbox or mega or something like that account and upload your local save files).
I think this one of the few good reason to use a client in the first place (but I fail to see the point in use a client all the time... I mean I think download games and upload save files are good features but I don't understand why I should start a client every time I want to play a game).
Also I still think those should be optional things... if I don't want a backup and/or I want to download the game from the browser I should be able to do that.

Achievements, multiplayer etc... should exists without clients... even cloud backup should exists without clients (Broken Age is a good way to understand how to do include a cloud save feature in a game without a client), but since dropbox (for example) maybe will not exist anymore in the future (or the API used in Broken Age could deprecate), I can understand why make them a feature.
Klumpen0815: Ok, this board is the only one where I've ever heard about cloud-saves.

They are also a convenient way to transfer saves. For example if I play Pillars of Eternity on one computer and want to continue on the other one then before cloud saves I had to back up and then copy the backup. Of course i might forget to do that before. Also the timestamps get all fucked up.
Cloud saves so far are useless! GOG application are syncing them longer than steam does it and these cloud saves doesn't work always!
I can't wait for the classic Fallout games to have cloud saves.
Would be nice if they worked. They did up until 10 May and then they quit. All saves since are local, meaning if I need to do a reinstall, I will need to go in and find the Saves Folder and move it to another drive, or lose all progress. Steasm works as i wil always start where I last left off.
LiefLayer: Well, if your local backup fail for some reason (the HD broke, a malaware delete it or something like that) you will be able to recover your save file from a remote server.
blotunga: They are also a convenient way to transfer saves. For example if I play Pillars of Eternity on one computer and want to continue on the other one then before cloud saves I had to back up and then copy the backup. Of course i might forget to do that before. Also the timestamps get all fucked up.
So it just serves a purpose when you're PC/HDD is trashed or you play on multiple systems.
How often is this happening nowadays? oO

When my system is acting up or OS won't boot anymore, I put in a Linux live disc (just the standard install/live disc of Linux Mint), boot from DVD, shove all important files to external backup and repair the system (repair file-system via GParted or reinstall OS which has a separate partition from the files anyway).
I've been doing this since teenager days, back then with Knoppix.
Post edited June 05, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Klumpen0815: So it just serves a purpose when you're PC/HDD is trashed or you play on multiple systems.

When my system is acting up or OS won't boot anymore, I put in a Linux live disc (just the standard install/live disc of Linux Mint), boot from DVD, shove all important files to external backup and repair the system (repair file-system via GParted or reinstall OS which has a separate partition from the files anyway).
Well if your HDD broke because you drop it accidentally an online backup can save your data. I lost some data because of that 2 times, and one time I lost some of my data because I forgot to make an updated backup before formatting my OS.
Fortunately I've never missed anything because I keep 2 or more backups of my data.
We are human after all, we make mistake.
Still, you can just make a manual upload (or even use a sync app and configure some link folder to your save location so that it will be automatic), you don't need a game client for that.
Klumpen0815: So it just serves a purpose when you're PC/HDD is trashed or you play on multiple systems.

You'd be surprised how easily SSDs can break without warning. I once had one die on me while traveling, I've lost 2 days of work because of that since I couldn't push the code. Otherwise I push code religiously after every commit. This also could've affected my saves, which luckily were on a different HDD. Anyway after this experience I now do a lot more backups, but cloud saves take out some of the headache.
blotunga: They are also a convenient way to transfer saves. For example if I play Pillars of Eternity on one computer and want to continue on the other one then before cloud saves I had to back up and then copy the backup. Of course i might forget to do that before. Also the timestamps get all fucked up.
strange argument :)
no, you don't backup your data because harddisk failures happen often. Same way you don't put on your seat belt because you get into a traffic accident every week.
You do it because it might happen at some point.

And I would argue that gaming on multiple devices was never more common than nowadays.

The more relevant question is whether you consider your game saves valuable enough to back them up.
Which probably depends a lot on what games you are playing.
it's not the end of the world to me if I have to start a new game of Civ IV because I lost the previous save. :p
Vel_Grozny: Cloud saves was the main reason I preferred games on Steam. Happy you have this feature now (and better pricing and no DRM).
Cavenagh: Yeah right, how much did you get paid.

HINT, you should have changed your location before posting.

Cloud saves == DRM
So because somebody likes a feature that makes them a shill? Keep rocking that tin-foil hat bro. Steam cloudsaves are a big perk to me; I should do a better job of manually backing things up, but it's a nice bit of peace of mind that my game saves have an automatic backup I don't have to worry about should a HDD fail. It also makes it easy if you use multiple computers such as a laptop on the go and a desktop at home so I don't have to worry about transferring my save every single time.

I'm a big fan of being DRM free but steam has some perks such as automatic updates and cloud saving that I've wanted for some time before I commit more fully to purchasing heavier from GOG. I'm hoping to see Galaxy bridge the gap between Steam's feature set (hopefully without all the bloat,) and the more streamlined DRM free nature of GOG. That said, the fact you can't manually roll back patches in Steam but the fact you can in Galaxy is a big win for GOG. I've had updates completely break games in Steam, and in that case there wasn't anything I could do beyond wait for an update.

Hell, at one point Valve broke their own game Half-Life Opposing Forces with a patch and didn't fix it for something like 4 months. At a certain point in the game opening a door would crash it 100% of the time. The only fix was the enable the console and cheat modes, and then noclip through the door.
my W3 dnot work after upload new aktualization 1.2 ...wtf? waht i must do now??????
andrzejKrogulec: my W3 dnot work after upload new aktualization 1.2 ...wtf? waht i must do now??????
Try contacting GOG support, they can probably help - https://support.gog.com/hc/categories/201400969

Hope this helps.
where is my w3 saves? ????