It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some of these games are visiting the Cloud for the first time!

UPDATE: To keep track of the ever-growing list of games that support this feature, you can always go here.

Did you hear? GOG Galaxy is getting a huge update to version 1.2 and along with its other great additions and improvements, it also brings Universal Cloud Saves! Some of the games already supported are beloved classics, some are more recent titles, and some of these games (marked in bold) got this feature implemented for the first time ever! Come take a look at the current list:

Night in the Woods
Undertale
Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines
Planescape: Torment
Might and Magic 7
Heroes of Might and Magic III: Complete

Dragon Age: Origins
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
FTL
Stardew Valley
Tyranny
The Witcher Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - GOTY
Shovel Knight
Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Shadowrun Hong Kong
Darkest Dungeon
Firewatch
The Witness
Divinity: Original Sin
No Man's Sky
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Pillars of Eternity
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator

The GOG Galaxy Update 1.2 is available today to users who opted to test upcoming updates, and will be rolling out to everyone in April. To download GOG Galaxy or see what’s new and improved visit GOG.com/Galaxy.
Wishbone: Here's a hint: If not all games have cloud saves, then the cloud save functionality is not universal.
Gersen: I think by "universal" they mean : that works with both recent "Galaxy friendly" games and older games that were never made to support Galaxy features.
Then they've shot themselves in the foot by using that word, because it does give the impression that it works (or will eventually work) with all games.
Perhaps they could have said "Galactic Cloud Saves" instead. :P
HunchBluntley: Then they've shot themselves in the foot by using that word, because it does give the impression that it works (or will eventually work) with all games.
It should eventually work with all games, GOG just has to add support... again based on my understanding. GOG sells over a thousand games so give them time. :P
HunchBluntley: Then they've shot themselves in the foot by using that word, because it does give the impression that it works (or will eventually work) with all games.
BKGaming: It should eventually work with all games, GOG just has to add support... again based on my understanding. GOG sells over a thousand games so give them time. :P
I don't care one way or another, as I don't use Galaxy. :) But I still wouldn't advise anyone to hold their breath waiting for cloud saving support to become actually universal. Did they ever even manage to fix those last few troublesome games that couldn't support Galaxy installs/updates?
HunchBluntley: Did they ever even manage to fix those last few troublesome games that couldn't support Galaxy installs/updates?
No idea, I haven't encountered any game I could not install/update yet... that is with over 300 games.
BKGaming: It should eventually work with all games, GOG just has to add support... again based on my understanding. GOG sells over a thousand games so give them time. :P
HunchBluntley: I don't care one way or another, as I don't use Galaxy. :) But I still wouldn't advise anyone to hold their breath waiting for cloud saving support to become actually universal. Did they ever even manage to fix those last few troublesome games that couldn't support Galaxy installs/updates?
Nope, last Penumbra game still can't be installed via Galaxy.
GOG: Can someone please tell us where Galaxy downloads game downloads and backups to, or do we need to trace the code in a debugger to figure that out? :)
high rated
Ugh...... I figured out where game backups get downloaded to.... <facepalm>

Nobody's going to like this....

In Galaxy 1.1, I had it configured to:

E:\GOG Games (Install games here)
F:\Games\GOG Galaxy Downloads\TEMP (temp download folder for in-progress downloads)
F:\Games\GOG Galaxy Downloads\ (completed downloads)

My game backup drive is for archival - F:
My game installation drive is for game installation and playing the games - E:

In Galaxy 1.2, it kept my configuration of "E:\GOG Games" for game installation. Thanks for that.

It blew away the configuration of where games are downloaded to and no longer uses the directories where I told it to put my downloads. There is no visible way to configure it anywhere including the Windows registry nor an INI file. So where does it put the downloads?

Scattered all over your game INSTALLATION drive, with each game's downloads going into a subfolder where the game would normally get installed to if you installed it with Galaxy, thus intermixing the concept of game "installation" with the concept of game "downloading and archival for backup purposes".

I don't know what to say. This is ridiculous and a big major let down. The new client has great new features and looks much prettier and I'm excited about that stuff, but I've been using Galaxy for downloading all my game backups for 2 years now roughly and it has worked mostly rather good, but if there is no way to configure the download directory and that is a permanent decision, then I'm very sad that it is going to be useless to me. :(

I do not have the space on E: to download all my backups to, nor do I want my backups intermixed with my installed games themselves, that makes no logical sense whatsoever.

It is IMHO like configuring your web browser, torrent client, whatever to download all of your random files online into:

C:\Windows\System32

um, no.

So there are a half dozen or more game updates today and no way to download them with Galaxy as it insists on downloading to the installation drive.

<massive sigh>
I'm really looking forward to this feature, but Galaxy still hasn't told me it needs to be updated yet.
Post edited March 25, 2017 by Deozaan
Dragon Age: Origins crashed when closing the game while overlay is enabled.
This is actually a pretty great feature. I hope to see the list grow some more in the future.
skeletonbow: Ugh...... I figured out where game backups get downloaded to.... <facepalm>

F:\Games\GOG Galaxy Downloads\TEMP (temp download folder for in-progress downloads)

In Galaxy 1.2, it kept my configuration of "E:\GOG Games" for game installation. Thanks for that.

It blew away the configuration of where games are downloaded to and no longer uses the directories where I told it to put my downloads. There is no visible way to configure it anywhere including the Windows registry nor an INI file. So where does it put the downloads?

Scattered all over your game INSTALLATION drive, with each game's downloads going into a subfolder where the game would normally get installed to if you installed it with Galaxy, thus intermixing the concept of game "installation" with the concept of game "downloading and archival for backup purposes".

I don't know what to say. This is ridiculous and a big major let down. The new client has great new features and looks much prettier and I'm excited about that stuff, but I've been using Galaxy for downloading all my game backups for 2 years now roughly and it has worked mostly rather good, but if there is no way to configure the download directory and that is a permanent decision, then I'm very sad that it is going to be useless to me. :(

I do not have the space on E: to download all my backups to, nor do I want my backups intermixed with my installed games themselves, that makes no logical sense whatsoever.

It is IMHO like configuring your web browser, torrent client, whatever to download all of your random files online into:

um, no.

So there are a half dozen or more game updates today and no way to download them with Galaxy as it insists on downloading to the installation drive.

<massive sigh>
Relax. Even though the client's off-Beta it doesn't mean that it will not receive updates. Have you already posted on the Galaxy thread in order to comment on this?
skeletonbow: Ugh...... I figured out where game backups get downloaded to.... <facepalm>

um, no.

<massive sigh>
Have you already seen this? Maybe it brings some help.
Post edited March 23, 2017 by karnak1
Of course this feature comes right AFTER I lost my NMS save data >.<
I wonder if both DOS and older Win32 games will also receive Cloud Saves as well. It can't be too difficult, can it? I'd like to see it on those as well (especially RPGs. I already lost my progress for Septerra Core :-( )
GOG still needs universal LAN multiplayer for every game. That'd really make "GOGworks" > Steamworks
start small, get heroes 3-5 to work with it
then later get it to work with battle-realms and worms 2
then classic games like unreal, medal of honor and more FPS

seriously this alone can make GOG more attractive than steam
noamlol2: GOG still needs universal LAN multiplayer for every game. [...]
Even the games that don't have any multiplayer modes? What a strange idea. =P

Seriously, it's a nice dream, but it'll never happen for every multiplayer game for a variety of reasons. I agree it would be nice if, at some point, they could figure out how to do it for select games, though. :)
Post edited March 23, 2017 by HunchBluntley