It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yeah you know the drill some new installers without version change. No guarantee given that they are new for everyone, things are a bit weird at the moment.

Earthworm Jim 1+2
MDK 2
Miasmata
Moonbase Commander
Witcher: Enhanced Edition, The (setup_the_witcher_enhanced_edition_2.0.0.12-1.bin seems to be broken at the moment)

I'm still trying to figure out what is going on with my Might & Magic 8, it seems I get a different version at work than at home. But i did not have the time yet to download it at home, so I'll have to see later this evening.

Edit: added note about Witcher 1, forgot that)
Post edited April 10, 2013 by Gabelvampir
DyNaer: compiliation of all what have been updated (maybe more to come)
Very nice, thank you. One comment:
Just like Might & Magic 8, it is not clear whether The Manhole changed or not. For some it did, for some not.
mrkgnao: Very nice, thank you. One comment:
Just like Might & Magic 8, it is not clear whether The Manhole changed or not. For some it did, for some not.
Ah ok, I'll try to look into that later, too.
Post edited April 10, 2013 by Gabelvampir
mrkgnao: Very nice, thank you. One comment:
well ; i just cut & paste what Gabelvampir wrote , i don't own the game

nevertheless i edited the list to reflect this kind of issue.

side note : i was checking mm8 with the downloader & and it wanted to d/l more chunks O_O
even if the version i triied to check was the one we talked about

i understand the issue Gab' got, so in this case the resulting file , will be totaly useless.

since the d/l tried to do so , it stops to respond ; go figure.... my bet is mm8 got a new version again ...

so , yeah i don't know what's going on , they add a file , they roll back it , they add a file , ..... 'm speechless :'(
Post edited April 10, 2013 by DyNaer
All would be much clearer if they did not try to do this whole thing quiet by not changing the version and not posting anything about it in the subforums. They are probably doing this to save bandwidth, but to us customers it is rather annoying.
Gabelvampir: All would be much clearer if they did not try to do this whole thing quiet by not changing the version and not posting anything about it in the subforums. They are probably doing this to save bandwidth, but to us customers it is rather annoying.
i'm failing to see how they possibly save bandwith , since with this mess , i had to download twice might & magic viii for example.

if some of you got more games , i will update the list i compiled , it' would be better to have all games affected in one place only ,Or maybe we should make a special thread , because we start to mix-up a bit with the usual use of this thread ,... plus i don't use the d/l as main tool for downloading & i have 'only' around 250 games , but it's up to you ;) .

also , i don't have a really fast connexion speed , so....
DyNaer: No need to be agressive : that doesn't help anyone here:

SirEyeball: Do A I complain about GOG and their level of information thread then. That is well within your rights and I agree with it totally. As long as they don't this thread will best function if it sticks to the info needed for us users
DyNaer: The thread exists exactly because of the lacks of informations, if some posts doesn't concern you , don't read them , but don't forbide people to give extra informations. i always dealt with informations i didn't need , just by ignoring them. And i try to stick with the topic , even if what i have to say doesn't please / concern you.

again you don't offend me , but as far i know u aint a moderator , so i don't like someone storming there and tell me what i shouldn't write / speak here , especially, when i try to help.

now here propably what you look at :

compiliation of all what have been updated (maybe more to come)

Alone in the Dark
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Avernum The complete Saga
Baldur's Gate 2 Complete
Baldur's Gate The original Saga
Battle Chess Special Edition
Beneath a Steel Sky
Betrayal at Krondor
Blood 1 (One Unit whole Blood)
Broken Sword 2 - The smoking Mirror (Original game)
Broken Sword 2 - The smoking Mirror (Director's Cut)
Broken Sword Director's Cut
B-17 Flying Fortress: The mighty 8th
Caesar 3
Capsized
Conquest of the New World
Crusader: No regret
Crusader: No remorse
Darklands
Descent 1+2
Dragonsphere
Duke Nukem 1+2
Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition
Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper 2
Earthworm Jim 1+2
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast within
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Heroes Chronicles: All Chapters
Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete Edition
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
Icewind Dale Complete
Icewind Dale 2
Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
Kingdom: The far Reaches
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
Lure of the Temptress
Magic Carpet
Master of Magic
Master of Orion 1+2
Master of Orion 3
M.A.X. 1+2
MDK
Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition
Nox
Sid Meier's Colonizatio
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on dark Athena
The Manhole Masterpiece Edition -> status pending
Phantasmagoria 2
Planescape: Torment
POD Gold
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest
Stronghold Crusader HD
Strognhold HD (polish language installer added)
Might & Magic 6 pack
Might & Magic 7
Magic & Magic 8 -> status pending .....
Lands of Lore 1+2
Lands of Lore 3
Phantasmagoria
Pharaoh + Cleopatra
Police Quest 1-4
Populous
Populous 2: Trials of the Olympian Gods
Powerslide
Quest for Glory 1-5
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Redneck Rampage Collection
Return to Krondor
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum!
Sacrifice
Screamer
Shadow Warrior Complete
Shattered Steel
Snapshot
Star Control 1+2
Star Control 3
Starflight 1+2
Stonekeep
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Syndicate
Teenagent
Terminal Velocity
Real Texas, The
Temple of elemental Evil, The
Zork Anthology, The
Theme Hospital
Torin's Passage
Treasure Adventure Game
Teen Agent
Tyrian 2000
Ultima 1-3
Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar
Ultima 4-6
Ultima 8: Gold Edition
Ultima Underworld 1+2
Ultima Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams
Warsow
Wing Commander 1+2
Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger
Wing Commander 4: The Price of Freedom
Wing Commander: Privateer
Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire
XIII
Zork Nemesis: The forbidden Lands
Earthworm Jim 1+2
MDK 2
Miasmata
Moonbase Commander
Witcher: Enhanced Edition -> status pending

credits to the originals posters.

hope that help.

note, don't be fooled if 99% of the titles have the same installer number , the hashes are different

edit : status pending = some issue , so wait before to proceed with those.
Awesome work DyNaer, thank you and keep it up.
i made a new topic about this (sorry for the typo in the topic , unless a kind moderator want to fix it :D)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_massive_silvent_update_game_list

so use the new topic , if u have a game falling in the case , otherwise there's no reason to not continue this one ^^

basically : it a game with a new checksum; which use the same installer number (99% of the case) , and of course you don't get any notification >.>
Sorry for the question, but what exactly is the compatibility uninstall bug? I'm confused because I've read that the uninstall bug deletes compatibility settings - that's for the game you're uninstalling? But if it's removed, how could one check? Or do you guys mean that reinstalling the game after uninstalling doesn't apply the proper compatibility settings? Thanks.
mondo84: Sorry for the question, but what exactly is the compatibility uninstall bug? I'm confused because I've read that the uninstall bug deletes compatibility settings - that's for the game you're uninstalling? But if it's removed, how could one check? Or do you guys mean that reinstalling the game after uninstalling doesn't apply the proper compatibility settings? Thanks.
i never experienced it , but if i'm correct , all applications , have their compatibility setting removed./ or resetted don't remember exactly the term.

if u uninstall a game which affected by this bug of course.

Reinstalling the game ? i don't think it will fix it.

i could be wrong though someone , could explain probably better than i

However : i'm sure of this : they promised they will fix it this, without having to download again the installers concerned by this bug. I have no clue if those massive updates are linked or not.
Okay that makes more sense that it affects all compatibility settings. I thought people were referring to compatibility settings for the game they were uninstalling, which is why I was confused. :)

Thanks for clarifying!
The bug seems to be gone now since the silent updates.
mondo84: Sorry for the question, but what exactly is the compatibility uninstall bug? I'm confused because I've read that the uninstall bug deletes compatibility settings - that's for the game you're uninstalling? But if it's removed, how could one check? Or do you guys mean that reinstalling the game after uninstalling doesn't apply the proper compatibility settings? Thanks.
DyNaer: i never experienced it , but if i'm correct , all applications , have their compatibility setting removed./ or resetted don't remember exactly the term.

if u uninstall a game which affected by this bug of course.

Reinstalling the game ? i don't think it will fix it.

i could be wrong though someone , could explain probably better than i

However : i'm sure of this : they promised they will fix it this, without having to download again the installers concerned by this bug. I have no clue if those massive updates are linked or not.
For this example let's take System Shock 2. When you install the game it write a compatibility value to you're registry so that game runs properly. Think of the registry as a file system. A (value) in this case is a (single file) while a (key) represent a (folder). When you install the game it write a new file to your disk.
When you now uninstall the game it won't just delete the single file (value) but instead the whole folder (key) where it stored in. (From a look at the install script it seems to be a copy&paste error.)
Unfortunately this folder is used by the operating system to store the compatibility setting for all other programs and they get deleted as well.
thanks for the more detailed explanation , erf , i wasn't wrong on this one ^^
i haven't checked this thread in a while. Can someone explain to me what's going on? I installed like 20 games about 2 or 3 days ago... What's this uninstall bug? Should i uninstall all my games and re-download then re-install them? I tried going back a few pages and reading what happened but i'm still confused. Anyone explaining to me what's going on would be really appreciated :).
Post edited April 11, 2013 by user deleted