It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: It's a good idea, but I now have second thoughts about allowing the downloader direct access to my backups. I'd rather have it download the updates it identifies to some temp place and allow me to compare and copy.

Do you know when you downloaded the file you had yesterday?
Gabelvampir: January 23rd 2013. I could also tell you the time but that should not be important :-P
Mine is January 19.

It is possible, I guess, that they:
1) Had file X on January 19.
2) Changed it to file Y on January 23. You downloaded, I did not.
3) Now they returned to file X.

Other option: EU servers get updated before US servers. I will try again tonight.

This is so reassuring!

P.S. I know what I should do! I should go look in the changelog to identify what has changed! Why didn't I think about it before?
You try that, but they seem to have misplaced it. Could not find it at the usual place.
Post edited April 09, 2013 by Gabelvampir
Gabelvampir: January 23rd 2013. I could also tell you the time but that should not be important :-P
mrkgnao: Mine is January 19.

Other option: EU servers get updated before US servers. I will try again tonight.

This is so reassuring!

P.S. I know what I should do! I should go look in the changelog to identify what has changed! Why didn't I think about it before?
Wow, what a clusterfuck!
grviper: So, gog tech support hate themselves and want not only to answer "why doesn't it work?" questions, but also to have the user fill in a form with useless version numbers and hashes of installers. Brilliant.
Yeah. you know, if they'd implement a changelog there'd be no need for any of this. Blah!
Post edited April 09, 2013 by fortune_p_dawg
mrkgnao: Mine is January 19.

This is so reassuring!

Personnaly i'm just speechlees now .....yes that's very reassuring !!!
Post edited April 09, 2013 by DyNaer
Ok, here's what the downloader wanted to re-download for me today without a change in version number.
I did not check everything yesterday, so some stuff could be from then.
People with slow Internet should probably wait until the strange updates have stopped before starting to download the installers, and only donwload stuff they want to play in the meantime. But as today was the turn for the later part of the alphabeth it should be over in the next few days.

Beneath a Steel Sky
Lands of Lore 1+2
Lands of Lore 3
Might and Magic 6-Pack: Limited Edition
Might and Magic 8: Day of the Destroyer
Phantasmagoria
Pharaoh + Cleopatra
Police Quest 1-4
Populous
Populous 2: Trials of the Olympian Gods
Powerslide
Quest for Glory 1-5
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Redneck Rampage Collection
Return to Krondor
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum!
Sacrifice
Screamer
Shadow Warrior Complete
Shattered Steel
Snapshot
Star Control 1+2
Star Control 3
Starflight 1+2
Stonekeep
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Syndicate
Teenagent
Terminal Velocity
Real Texas, The
Temple of elemental Evil, The
Zork Anthology, The
Theme Hospital
Torin's Passage
Treasure Adventure Game
Tyrian 2000
Ultima 1-3
Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar
Ultima 4-6
Ultima 8: Gold Edition
Ultima Underworld 1+2
Ultima Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams
Warsow
Wing Commander 1+2
Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger
Wing Commander 4: The Price of Freedom
Wing Commander: Privateer
Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire
XIII
Zork Nemesis: The forbidden Lands

Again everything had (and still has) a 2.0.0.X version number, so I still suspect a stealthy bug fix for that uninstall bug, but until GOG tells us we can only speculate. Or we could closely at the old and the new version of the files and figure it out, but I do not have time for this until Friday or Saturday.
I did a few tests, installing and uninstalling some of the games, and it seems to no longer erase compatibility settings. So I'd say that's probably the reason behind the stealth fixes.
Be careful downloading those updates, I seem to have hit a bug where the downloader accepts some of the already downloaded files as correct and only downloads a few new parts but the installer then fails to verify them. So if you download them, make sure you grab the whole thing.

I already reported this in the downloader sticky but thought I'd mention it here too.
According to Snickersnack (http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_file_sizes_and_md5s/post105), Medal of Honor Warchest may also have been silently updated.
Post edited April 09, 2013 by mrkgnao
Silent and non-changing version number updates. :(
Come on already GOG, help us out here!
Poulscath: Be careful downloading those updates, I seem to have hit a bug where the downloader accepts some of the already downloaded files as correct and only downloads a few new parts but the installer then fails to verify them. So if you download them, make sure you grab the whole thing.

I already reported this in the downloader sticky but thought I'd mention it here too.
Yeah that's the buggy resume behavior I mentoined earliew. What's even weirder, lots of the installers I downloaded today ended up without a signature the first time I downloaded them. I should delete the old file before downloading, but that does make the whole thing even more complicated.
Poulscath: Be careful downloading those updates, I seem to have hit a bug where the downloader accepts some of the already downloaded files as correct and only downloads a few new parts but the installer then fails to verify them. So if you download them, make sure you grab the whole thing.

Gabelvampir: Yeah that's the buggy resume behavior I mentoined earliew. What's even weirder, lots of the installers I downloaded today ended up without a signature the first time I downloaded them. I should delete the old file before downloading, but that does make the whole thing even more complicated.
it has been "age" the resume fonction has issue

simply use my method , i posted in the dowloader thread , granted u lost some features;but you shouldn't end up with those weird issue..

the big downside , is the lost of the queue list fonction. ....

Gabelvampir: Yeah that's the buggy resume behavior I mentoined earliew. What's even weirder, lots of the installers I downloaded today ended up without a signature the first time I downloaded them. I should delete the old file before downloading, but that does make the whole thing even more complicated.
Update on MM8:
Downloaded again after 11 hours. Still no difference. I get the same file I've had since January. Here are the details if you wish to compare to your two versions.
setup_mm8_2.0.0.13.exe, size: 619,537,704, MD5: 87e7745c047e9edc6e40e9620512f009
could you check the expiration date of the certificate ? , if the file has changed , it should be like either the end of march 2014 or start of april 2014.

otherwise , it didn't changed ...

all games i redownloaded so far have this kind of expiration date.

i have a download in progress, asap , this one finished i will d/l it , but i don't have a very fast connexion , Just to be sure i will have the same version (since i'm Europe; i wonder if there are multiples servers ....)
Post edited April 09, 2013 by DyNaer
I was mistaken, Lure is still using the version of ScummVM that gives it pathfinding issues.
DyNaer: could you check the expiration date of the certificate ? , if the file has changed , it should be like either the end of march 2014 or start of april 2014.

otherwise , it didn't changed ...

all games i redownloaded so far have this kind of expiration date.

i have a download in progress, asap , this one finished i will d/l it , but i don't have a very fast connexion , Just to be sure i will have the same version (since i'm Europe; i wonder if there are multiples servers ....)
The expiration date of the certificate is 18/3/13.