It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

korell: Well, for Stronghold Crusader HD, the English version that I downloaded 9 days ago was version 2.0.0.6. With today's update providing the Polish version, the English version download states version 2.1.0.7. So even though the update notification was shown for the Polish version, all the other language installers appear to have a new installer version too.
JMich: Stronghold Crusader HD has a multilanguage installer. Stronghold HD has single language installers. At least for the Polish language.
So the language dropdown for Stronghold Crusader HD is meaningless then as they all give the same one multi-language installer?
korell: So the language dropdown for Stronghold Crusader HD is meaningless then as they all give the same one multi-language installer?
As is the case for quite a few installers. Amerzone, LBA, Still Life and quite a few more. Only use is to show you that it supports a specific language.
te_lanus: at least we are starting to get update notices,, hopefully they'll continue and be rolled out to encompass more updates, especially if they start getting used for "silent" updates.
mrkgnao: Don't be so happy.
At least four games were updated today (Beneath A Steel Sky, Fallout Tactics, Stronghold, Stronghold Crusader); we got notification only for the last two .
DyNaer: and i was still looking for the reason of the notification. :P . It's noi quite clear for this case....
mrkgnao: When you get a notification, you need to manually check each language under the notified game to see which installer(s) got updated (in this case, Polish for both games).
no the problem here is same i stated above ; since the blitzkrieg games had a v1 installer for german & english , i simply got no notfification . But in the contrary for Stronghold i got a notification even if it was only for the polish installer -> simply because Stronghold has already a v2 installer..

edit , yeah for game sharing the same file , the language dropdown menu , just serve no purpose , except to confuse you : in this case , just check the game card page .. Ie some game have only english language , but have multianguage subtitle -> but in the game shelves it appears with multiple language installer, but tt's simply wrong.

in this case , i can't blame gog , they provide what they are allowed to provide ... but it's a bit confusing.....the old layout was better ihmo (improvment doesn't mean it's better ^^)
Post edited April 08, 2013 by DyNaer
korell: So the language dropdown for Stronghold Crusader HD is meaningless then as they all give the same one multi-language installer?
JMich: As is the case for quite a few installers. Amerzone, LBA, Still Life and quite a few more. Only use is to show you that it supports a specific language.
Then only flagging the new language is slightly misleading. Sure, it only adds functionality to the installer for the new language, but technically it is a new version of the installer regardless of the language you use.

Out of interest, I don't have any of those three games you mentioned, so this pointless language dropdown is new to me. I wonder how many other games are affected? Or indeed whether there are other games I do have that I didn't know have language dropdowns for which the installers are in fact all the same one?
korell: Then only flagging the new language is slightly misleading. Sure, it only adds functionality to the installer for the new language, but technically it is a new version of the installer regardless of the language you use.
Stronghold Crusader HD had all the installers marked as new, since the installer was new.
Stronghold HD had only the Polish language marked as new, since the other installer wasn't modified

korell: Out of interest, I don't have any of those three games you mentioned, so this pointless language dropdown is new to me. I wonder how many other games are affected? Or indeed whether there are other games I do have that I didn't know have language dropdowns for which the installers are in fact all the same one?
Broken Swords? Machinarium? Botanicula? Anomaly? Spacechem? Trine? There are more, though I'm not sure at this time which ones. I could try to make a list, but I'm not sure if it's worth the time. Do ask if you are still curious though.
JMich: Stronghold Crusader HD had all the installers marked as new, since the installer was new.
Stronghold HD had only the Polish language marked as new, since the other installer wasn't modified
So it did. My mistake, I got the two mixed up (as I own them both on GOG). Yes, Stronghold was just flagged for the Polish installer, Crusader was marked New across the board.

korell: Out of interest, I don't have any of those three games you mentioned, so this pointless language dropdown is new to me. I wonder how many other games are affected? Or indeed whether there are other games I do have that I didn't know have language dropdowns for which the installers are in fact all the same one?
JMich: Broken Swords? Machinarium? Botanicula? Anomaly? Spacechem? Trine? There are more, though I'm not sure at this time which ones. I could try to make a list, but I'm not sure if it's worth the time. Do ask if you are still curious though.
Of those I have Broken Sword (a GOG freebee from some Xmas I believe it was) and Spacechem. There's no need to have a list of them all though as it probably wouldn't serve much purpose at all, but still interesting to know that there are some I have at least.

On a completely different note, one update that I am eagerly awaiting is the Carmageddon Max Pack v2 installer as I expect it to have the newer version of nGlide bundled with it.
korell: Then only flagging the new language is slightly misleading. Sure, it only adds functionality to the installer for the new language, but technically it is a new version of the installer regardless of the language you use.
JMich: Stronghold Crusader HD had all the installers marked as new, since the installer was new.
Perhaps when you accessed it. When I accessed Crusader (a minute or two after the notification appeared), only Polish was marked (just like for Stronghold). I am sure of this.
It's nice to see that they fixed their marks on the fly.
mrkgnao: Perhaps when you accessed it. When I accessed Crusader (a minute or two after the notification appeared), only Polish was marked (just like for Stronghold). I am sure of this.
Don't ask me to recall what was marked and what wasn't. Whenever a game is marked as new, I just queue the whole bloody thing and let the donwloader hash it.
mrkgnao: Perhaps when you accessed it. When I accessed Crusader (a minute or two after the notification appeared), only Polish was marked (just like for Stronghold). I am sure of this.
JMich: Don't ask me to recall what was marked and what wasn't. Whenever a game is marked as new, I just queue the whole bloody thing and let the donwloader hash it.
Lucky you.
I don't use the downloader because it does not allow me to download files to whatever directories I want them to reside in.
mrkgnao: I don't use the downloader because it does not allow me to download files to whatever directories I want them to reside in.
Well, you can specify a download folder path and then the installers download into that folder, though each game gets its own subfolder.

I just used the downloader for the first time, and as soon as the download finished I just cut and pasted the installer to where I want to keep it within my own document hierarchy, so I'll just use the GOG downloader location as a temporary folder whilst it downloads them.
mrkgnao: I don't use the downloader because it does not allow me to download files to whatever directories I want them to reside in.
korell: Well, you can specify a download folder path and then the installers download into that folder, though each game gets its own subfolder.

I just used the downloader for the first time, and as soon as the download finished I just cut and pasted the installer to where I want to keep it within my own document hierarchy, so I'll just use the GOG downloader location as a temporary folder whilst it downloads them.
Yes, but then you lose the downloader's major benefit, which is its ability to detect what has been updated. Or don't you?

I just checked:
1) If you download to one place and keep it there, when you attempt to download again, it knows not to do anything,
2) If you download to one place and move it to another place, when you attempt to download again, it redownloads.

Without the ability to automatically detect changes, it's not worth anything to me.

I could, of course, keep two copies, one in the downloader's hierarchy, to detect changes, and one in my hierarchy, for storage. Unfortunately, I do not have 630GB of HD to spare for this.
Post edited April 08, 2013 by mrkgnao
yeah , that''s the issue , u can specify only the root directory where all games will be stored

*BUT* as you said

u must deal with the 'freaking" xD names (u like or not) which correspond to those on GOG servers.

edit :

the only solution is to copy every flles in their respective directory : but with the amount of data , it's not possible.

and it's quite tedious.
Post edited April 08, 2013 by DyNaer
Patch for DK2 is gone, I assume the installer is already the latest.
Fuzzyfireball: Patch for DK2 is gone, I assume the installer is already the latest.
Yeah the patch was useless since the game got its v2 installer.

2 new silent updates without version change: Might & Magic 7: For Blood and Honor and Might & Magic 8: Day of the Destroyer.
Gabelvampir: 2 new silent updates without version change: Might & Magic 7: For Blood and Honor and Might & Magic 8: Day of the Destroyer.
MM7 will have another version, hopefully today. We forgot to add fixed music tracks.

EDIT: new version should be now online.
Post edited April 09, 2013 by Thiev