It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DyNaer: i don't understand what's gog doing :
It seems -- based on your detailed description -- that you actually do understand what GOG is doing pretty well. The technical term for it is: a mess.
Post edited April 07, 2013 by mrkgnao
DyNaer: i don't understand what's gog doing :
mrkgnao: It seems -- based on your detailed description -- that you actually do understand what GOG is doing pretty well. It's called a mess.
i know :-( , but i got the feeling i had to recall how the mess is..... and i'm under the impression , the more they try to "improve" the system upadte , the worse the mess is ....

IF at least we got some clear informations , but no .....sigh

oh and i quote you :

"i just wish GOG were as loyal to me as I am to them."

me too ,...

edit :

korell: The new installer has a non-expired digital signature.
The new installer does not contain signtool.exe (a Microsoft digital signing tool).
The new installer contains a picture of a rabbit (see the attachment).
i have some doubts aout the validity of having a new version of a game just because digital signature is invalid , if they go in this way , all games which have an expired signature need to be updated -> this would be ridiculous , just for a date...

for bass , i don't get it either , what the point of downgrading at this extend....
Post edited April 08, 2013 by DyNaer
DyNaer: for bass , i don't get it either , what the point of downgrading at this extend....
It's not a downgrade, just a mistake on our part. We should have it fixed today.
DyNaer: for bass , i don't get it either , what the point of downgrading at this extend....
Thiev: It's not a downgrade, just a mistake on our part. We should have it fixed today.
Great news! Good to see you posting too, by the way, I haven't seen you on the forums in a long time.
Thiev: It's not a downgrade, just a mistake on our part. We should have it fixed today.
Thanks for the feedback , everyone could make a mistake :-)
I can imagine why GOG is a bit shy why there is only sparse information about updates of their packaged games, though this should not be a real issue. Steam has its own update news thread provided by RSS.

The current method is not really "safe" though, you can just write a small script to monitor for changes and / or just use things like web page monitoring services to track it.

So, I'd propose a RSS feed for updating packages, just name and new version would suffice to know if you have to download the new one, though an auto-download of new versions through the GOG client (and API) would be neat too.
coffeecup: I can imagine why GOG is a bit shy why there is only sparse information about updates of their packaged games, though this should not be a real issue. Steam has its own update news thread provided by RSS.

The current method is not really "safe" though, you can just write a small script to monitor for changes and / or just use things like web page monitoring services to track it.

So, I'd propose a RSS feed for updating packages, just name and new version would suffice to know if you have to download the new one, though an auto-download of new versions through the GOG client (and API) would be neat too.
u have my vote for a rss feed ^^

it would be far better than the actual situation ; atter all they alrealdy have a feed for the new games & promos
Post edited April 08, 2013 by DyNaer
Something. Anything. Please.

Please?

;-(

Edit: They've updated Darklands size now :)
Post edited April 08, 2013 by Fuzzyfireball
BaSS installer should be once again a correct CD version.
Fallout Tactics installer has it's missing .bin file correctly linked.
*ReDownload fixed this issue*

Has Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest been updated recently?

Keep getting 'The source file is corrupted' when i try to install it.
Post edited April 08, 2013 by SpaceManThe
SpaceManThe: Has Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest been updated recently?

Keep getting 'The source file is corrupted' when i try to install it.
all i call tell , it's the same version and hash than the one i have , i just d/l the exe file , if server side issue exists it's in the bin files.
Thiev: BaSS installer should be once again a correct CD version.
Fallout Tactics installer has it's missing .bin file correctly linked.
Thank you for the quick fix, I know the devs/packagers do not work over the weekend. One of the reasons I did not file a bug report for Fallout Tactics, it would not have speed up the process.
Stronghold Crusader HD got updated from 2.0.0.6 to 2.1.0.7 with a notification.
Strognhold HD got a notification, but no update (at least for me).
Gabelvampir: Strognhold HD got a notification, but no update (at least for me).
Same here.

Still at 2.1.0.4 (although file properties actually says 2.0.0.4)
Post edited April 08, 2013 by adambiser
Gabelvampir: Stronghold Crusader HD got updated from 2.0.0.6 to 2.1.0.7 with a notification.
Strognhold HD got a notification, but no update (at least for me).
Stronghold HD got a Polish installer. Check in your My Account pages :D