It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No flag for me.
"Ahem" Judas?
I don't know but Witcher Adventure Game Beta was removed from library at the same moment.
meelten: I don't know but Witcher Adventure Game Beta was removed from library at the same moment.
Oh, so that's the one that got pulled!
I saw that I lost a game, and I was like "OMG what??!! Which one, which one!".
I even have the "empty spot on my shelf" bug :P
what a crap system really, so what was updated?
ok let's all send a ticket, this makes me crazy!
HypersomniacLive: If you could dig up a link for the part I highlighted, I'd appreciate it very much.
If that is what was said/ conveyed, it contradicts the whole "optional" and "your experience won't change" mantras they've been repeating at every chance.
DyNaer: Yes, that's basically my point too ; GOG plays a "dangerous" game here with some of its customers.

If they believe Galaxy will the "saint graal" for them , i personnaly don't have this "faith"

Like mrkgnao ; i'm not interrested by the client, i respect customers wanting to use it. But i expect in return GOG honors its promise : with the word "optional", but seriously i have many doubts ...

-> IF the downloader will be discontinued ,repeated many times by some "blues" , that means customers not interested by the client will have less service than those who accept the client : In the end that goes against the optional thingy >_<.

Heck; sure the downloader isn't perfect, but it does its job.

I constantly see the shelves / notification system deteriorate over the time , i stopped to count the number of tickets about different problems ....
I will probably use Galaxy but I still thinks that should be optional and the downloader and the notify system must be fixed with a high priority. Galaxy can improve things expecially for games already installed, but a full backup must be provided. GOG have the moral duty to provide their customers with and easy and practical way to manager their purchased items, with notification when something is updated (not manually and randomly like now), a way to audit your backup and see what you miss or has changed. They also have to improve the way games are stored and their folder (as of today they pratically name them randomly without any regard about relations between items or the person that bought them).
That's because years ago they proved that the service availability can never be trusted after thier infamous pr stunt that I'm sure will haunt them forever.
My actual GOG backup is almost 830 Gb and that's only the windows files. I cannot and I won't check every file on regular basis, that's GOG duty to provide a way to do so.
Post edited November 18, 2014 by MIK0
high rated
Vitek: The Witcher 1 just got some update. Not sure what changed. Mac version was added perhaps? Or some new language?
Mac version updated :) Just an updated Mac version that no longer uses Wine :)
Vitek: The Witcher 1 just got some update. Not sure what changed. Mac version was added perhaps? Or some new language?
JudasIscariot: Mac version updated :) Just an updated Mac version that no longer uses Wine :)
Thanks for the heads-up. I was about to re-download all files for windows (just to be safe......)
Has reason been posted why there are no patch notes associated with a game when it's updated?
JudasIscariot: Mac version updated :) Just an updated Mac version that no longer uses Wine :)
Which begs the question why the GOG downloader is updating my Windows installer files after I just added them out of sheer curiosity (before I read that it's the Mac version that got updated). I last downloaded the game in May 2013, a few months ago I added it to the downloader again, just to make sure, and nothing happend. Now all files are being redownloaded.
high rated
F4LL0UT: Which begs the question why the GOG downloader is updating my Windows installer files after I just added them out of sheer curiosity (before I read that it's the Mac version that got updated). I last downloaded the game in May 2013, a few months ago I added it to the downloader again, just to make sure, and nothing happend. Now all files are being redownloaded.
It's because the windows version now uses a mac emulator...
F4LL0UT: Which begs the question why the GOG downloader is updating my Windows installer files after I just added them out of sheer curiosity (before I read that it's the Mac version that got updated). I last downloaded the game in May 2013, a few months ago I added it to the downloader again, just to make sure, and nothing happend. Now all files are being redownloaded.
The only reason I can think of off the top of my head is because we added the French version of the installation text.
...and, of course, now that Witcher 1 flag is stuck. >.>

Judas, which of your current job openings do I need to apply for to get a chance to come and fix it myself? These flag issues are seriously getting annoying.

EDIT: Of course the flag goes away as soon as I made that post...
Post edited November 18, 2014 by Pidgeot
JudasIscariot: The only reason I can think of off the top of my head is because we added the French version of the installation text.
and then it just wants to redownload the whole 8.5+ Gb??

man, GOG really should start using diffs.... (differential downloads, where only the things that have changed are downloaded again, and not the whole file)
JudasIscariot: The only reason I can think of off the top of my head is because we added the French version of the installation text.
niky45: and then it just wants to redownload the whole 8.5+ Gb??

man, GOG really should start using diffs.... (differential downloads, where only the things that have changed are downloaded again, and not the whole file)
That wouldn't help. Installers use compression, so even a tiny change can (and often will) change the entire file. Actually, the downloader already does that to an extent; it downloads chunks of XMB (50, I think?), and if some of the chunks are already present and matching the current file, they won't be redownloaded.
A linux version it’s planed ?