It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Toccatta: *snip*
Wurzelkraft: The extras are a separate download unless it is added DLC or something like that. So they are not included in the main installer. If the installer wasn't changed and you use the GOG downloader it will check the GOG download folder for the file and does an integrity check before downloading anything. No change? No download!
Yes, I know very well the extras aren't included in the main installer. My point was that if I don't know whether the update was to the installer or the extras, I have to download both to be sure. Only if the site tells me which was updated can I avoid unnecessarily downloading the files which haven't been changed. I download my games using one computer, but to save space on my machine, I don't archive all my purchased games there. That means the downloader won't be able to check the existing file to see if it needs to be updated, as they're stored off the network. It really shouldn't be too hard to mark what items were updated so that customers can decide which files to download (or in the case of changes to extras they're not interested in - even IF they should bother downloading at all).
Post edited September 01, 2014 by Toccatta
Toccatta: Yes, I know very well the extras aren't included in the main installer. My point was that if I don't know whether the update was to the installer or the extras, I have to download both to be sure. Only if the site tells me which was updated can I avoid unnecessarily downloading the files which haven't been changed. I download my games using one computer, but to save space on my machine, I don't archive all my purchased games there. That means the downloader won't be able to check the existing file to see if it needs to be updated, as they're stored off the network. It really shouldn't be too hard to mark what items were updated so that customers can decide which files to download (or in the case of changes to extras they're not interested in - even IF they should bother downloading at all).
That's true. Update flags are not working very good here. Well that's actually the reason why this thread has so many pages. x)
mrkgnao: NOTE! CHANGED title: New Beginning - Final Cut, A ***TO*** New Beginning: Final Cut, A
DyNaer: Erm, this one isn't right ;

The game card title is : A New Beginning: Final Cut
GOG is consistently inconsistent in its treatment of inital "A" and "The" in game titles. In MaGog, I have made the conscious decision to normalise all the game titles so that these always come at the end. What you see above is the output from MaGog's logs, which uses MaGog's convention.
mrkgnao: GOG is consistently inconsistent in its treatment of inital "A" and "The" in game titles. In MaGog, I have made the conscious decision to normalise all the game titles so that these always come at the end. What you see above is the output from MaGog's logs, which uses MaGog's convention.
Ah, ok; i just thought you just pointed out the title name changed in the gamecard ;)

yeah i know about this "problem" this is a bit annoying...
I'm working on rewriting portions of MaGog to handle the new GOG format. While doing so I won't be posting my regular "From MaGog's logs" posts, but will occasionally post changes I uncover as I deconstruct the new GOG look.

As part of the new GOG upgrayde, one more game has changed its title:
NOTE! CHANGED title: Alone in the Dark 1+2+3 ***TO*** Alone in the Dark
From MaGog's work-in-progress logs:

It seems that with the new GOG one may somehow (don't know how) vote on upcoming games.
Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe Edition has 22 votes and 5 stars (yet it reads "Reviewing and rating will be enabled as soon as the game is released").
Post edited September 01, 2014 by mrkgnao

I have noticed that 12 games had gone down by half-a-star (and only 2 had gone up by half-a-star). I am guessing GOG has slightly changed their rounding logic.
mrkgnao: As part of the new GOG upgrayde, one more game has changed its title:
NOTE! CHANGED title: Alone in the Dark 1+2+3 ***TO*** Alone in the Dark
Now that's a stupid name change. With the new page design, the fact that you also get Alone in the Dark 2 and 3 is hidden and you have to click to expand the description or click to show more extras to see the installers for AitD2+3...
http://www.gog.com/forum/blackwell_series/the_blackwell_epihpany_has_been_updated_to_version_11
high rated
DoctorGOGgles: Now that's a stupid name change. With the new page design, the fact that you also get Alone in the Dark 2 and 3 is hidden and you have to click to expand the description or click to show more extras to see the installers for AitD2+3...
GOG's not doing itself any favours here, is it now? ;-)

NOTE! CHANGED Astebreed, bonuses: 4 avatars, 2 wallpapers, soundtrack (OGG), Astebreed prototype ***TO*** Astebreed prototype

NOTE! CHANGED Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition [Premium], bonuses: 3 wallpapers, 2 Special Edition wallpapers, 3 avatars ***TO*** 3 wallpapers, 3 avatars

NOTE! CHANGED Cannon Fodder, os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.6.8 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)

NOTE! CHANGED Consortium: Master Edition, The, os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
NOTE! CHANGED Dracula Trilogy, os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
NOTE! CHANGED Dust: An Elysian Tail, os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.7.0 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.7.0 or newer)
NOTE! CHANGED Ether One, os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
NOTE! CHANGED Ether One Deluxe Edition Upgrade [DLC], os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
NOTE! CHANGED Ether One Deluxe Edition [Premium], os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
NOTE! CHANGED FRACT OSC, os: Windows (7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.7.0 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.7.0 or newer)
NOTE! CHANGED Giana Sisters: Rise of the Owlverlord, os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
NOTE! CHANGED Gods Will Be Watching, os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.8.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.8.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17)
NOTE! CHANGED Gods Will Be Watching: Special Edition Upgrade [DLC], os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.8.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.8.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17)
NOTE! CHANGED Gods Will Be Watching: Special Edition [Premium], os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.8.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.8.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17)
NOTE! CHANGED PixelJunk Shooter, os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.6.8 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.6.8 or newer)
NOTE! CHANGED Quest for Infamy, os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.7.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.7.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17)
NOTE! CHANGED Schein, os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
NOTE! CHANGED Sir, You Are Being Hunted, os: Windows (7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.7.5 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.7.5 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17)
NOTE! CHANGED Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut, os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
NOTE! CHANGED Sudeki, os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
NOTE! CHANGED Tower of Guns, os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
NOTE! CHANGED Windforge, os: Windows (7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
NOTE! CHANGED Wing Commander 5: Prophecy Gold Edition, os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)

I find it rather unlikely that so many games have suddenly developed XP and Vista compatibility out of the blue (sorry, out of the grey). As it now stands, every single game on GOG is XP and Vista compatible. Note that these changes are not reflected in the games' system requirements (e.g. Windforge still reads "Minimum system requirements - Windows 7 / 8...").
mrkgnao: NOTE! CHANGED Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition [Premium], bonuses: 3 wallpapers, 2 Special Edition wallpapers, 3 avatars ***TO*** 3 wallpapers, 3 avatars
Strange. I can still see the Special Edition Wallpapers.
mrkgnao: NOTE! CHANGED Cannon Fodder, os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.6.8 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
I can also still download the Mac version of the game.
Post edited September 03, 2014 by Grargar
mrkgnao: NOTE! CHANGED Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition [Premium], bonuses: 3 wallpapers, 2 Special Edition wallpapers, 3 avatars ***TO*** 3 wallpapers, 3 avatars
Grargar: Strange. I can still see the Special Edition Wallpapers.
mrkgnao: NOTE! CHANGED Cannon Fodder, os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.6.8 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
Grargar: I can also still download the Mac version of the game.
Yes. I assume many of the changes I report during this work-in-progress are likely to be game page errors. I only tell it as MaGog sees it.
I read it as "game pages are a mess and we mess it up even more". Come on now, GOG!