It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for August 25:

NOTE! CHANGED Little Big Adventure (Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure), os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.6.8 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)

NOTE! CHANGED Waking Mars, os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.6.8 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
I have both games, and I still have the Mac installers available for download from my account, so I wonder why this was changed on the gamecards.
Post edited August 25, 2014 by SCPM
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for August 25:

NOTE! CHANGED Little Big Adventure (Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure), os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.6.8 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)

NOTE! CHANGED Waking Mars, os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.6.8 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
SCPM: I have both games, and I still have the Mac installers available for download from my account, so I wonder why this was changed on the gamecards.
I wonder too. You will have to ask someone in blue. Might be a mistake because both games still have "Minimum system requirements (Mac)" on their game page. GOG has been having quite a bout of game page mishaps recently.

Anyhow, knowing GOG, even if they remove OS support for some game or remove the game altogether (due to reasons beyond their control), you always get to keep your hard-earned game installers. You bought them, after all, didn't you?
Post edited August 25, 2014 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: I wonder too. You will have to ask someone in blue. Might be a mistake because both games still have "Minimum system requirements (Mac)" on their game page. GOG has been having quite a bout of game page mishaps recently.

Anyhow, knowing GOG, even if they remove OS support for some game or remove the game altogether (due to reasons beyond their control), you always get to keep your hard-earned game installers. You bought them, after all, didn't you?
There have been cases in the past that extras were removed from users' accounts. The Atlantis games, for example, had their soundtracks removed and in another case, Imperial Glory's Mac version was also removed, because GOG didn't have the rights to distribute the Mac version.
mrkgnao: I wonder too. You will have to ask someone in blue. Might be a mistake because both games still have "Minimum system requirements (Mac)" on their game page. GOG has been having quite a bout of game page mishaps recently.

Grargar: There have been cases in the past that extras were removed from users' accounts. The Atlantis games, for example, had their soundtracks removed and in another case, Imperial Glory's Mac version was also removed, because GOG didn't have the rights to distribute the Mac version.
Good to know.
[Checking his external HD GOG backup. All good. Atlantis soundtracks still there.]
- delete me -
Post edited August 26, 2014 by ShadowOwl
From MaGog's logs for August 26:

NOTE! CHANGED King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY, age_req: ESRB Rating: TEEN with Alcohol Reference, Mild Fantasy Violence, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes. PEGI Rating: 12+ with Violence, Violence ***TO*** ESRB Rating: TEEN with Alcohol Reference, Mild Fantasy Violence, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes. PEGI Rating: 12+ with Violence
http://www.gog.com/forum/tower_of_guns/tower_of_guns_has_been_updated_to_version_121
I already predict a lot (close to 800?) new installers in the next few weeks/months to get rid of the banners from the soon-to-be-removed games...
I'm working on rewriting portions of MaGog to handle the new GOG format. While doing so I won't be posting my regular "From MaGog's logs" posts, but will occasionally post changes I uncover as I deconstruct the new GOG look.

Just in case anyone cares...
As part of the new GOG upgrayde, a dozen or so games have changed their names, some very slightly, some perhaps less so:

NOTE! CHANGED title: Amerzone - The Explorer's Legacy ***TO*** Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy
NOTE! CHANGED title: Blood (One Unit Whole Blood) ***TO*** Blood: One Unit Whole Blood
NOTE! CHANGED title: Blood 2: The Chosen + Expansion ***TO*** Blood 2: The Blood Group
NOTE! CHANGED title: Castles + Castles 2 ***TO*** Castles 1+2
NOTE! CHANGED title: Descent + Descent 2 ***TO*** Descent 1+2
NOTE! CHANGED title: Descent 3 + Expansion ***TO*** Descent 3 + Mercenary
NOTE! CHANGED title: Die by the Sword + Expansion ***TO*** Die By The Sword + Limb For Limb
NOTE! CHANGED title: Earthworm Jim 1 + 2 ***TO*** Earthworm Jim 1 + 2: The Whole Can 'O Worms
NOTE! CHANGED title: Freespace + Expansion ***TO*** Descent: Freespace Battle Pack
NOTE! CHANGED title: Ground Control 2: Operation Exodus SE ***TO*** Ground Control 2: Operation Exodus Special Edition
NOTE! CHANGED title: Ground Control + Expansion ***TO*** Ground Control Anthology
NOTE! CHANGED title: Moto Racer 3 ***TO*** Moto Racer 3 Gold Edition
NOTE! CHANGED title: New Beginning - Final Cut, A ***TO*** New Beginning: Final Cut, A
NOTE! CHANGED title: Police Quest 1+2+3+4 ***TO*** Police Quest Collection
NOTE! CHANGED title: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri ***TO*** Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack
NOTE! CHANGED title: Tex Murphy 1+2 ***TO*** Tex Murphy: Mean Streets + Martian Memorandum
NOTE! CHANGED title: Total Annihilation: Kingdoms + Expansion ***TO*** Total Annihilation: Kingdoms + Iron Plague
Grargar: There have been cases in the past that extras were removed from users' accounts. The Atlantis games, for example, had their soundtracks removed and in another case, Imperial Glory's Mac version was also removed, because GOG didn't have the rights to distribute the Mac version.
I can confirm this on some changes, like in Two Worlds 1 + 2, some extras went missing over the course of one or two years.

In addition, game compilations available on GOG are mostly based on the budget disc compilation releases of the time and thus had missing some of the extras of the individual games. After sifting through my USB HD archive, I did not find missing stuff, but I'll do it thoroughly after shopping in town :)
coffeecup: I can confirm this on some changes, like in Two Worlds 1 + 2, some extras went missing over the course of one or two years.

In addition, game compilations available on GOG are mostly based on the budget disc compilation releases of the time and thus had missing some of the extras of the individual games. After sifting through my USB HD archive, I did not find missing stuff, but I'll do it thoroughly after shopping in town :)
What extras went missing from Two Worlds 1 + 2? We added extras recently ( 3-4 months ago) to one of the Two Worlds games and shifted some sketches around as they were stuffed into some other extra.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by JudasIscariot
I was just skimming through my backup and had that in my mind after comparing my original discs with the GOG version, but I'll go through once more more thoroughly. Should not be an offensive, I originally had the Larry, Might & Magic and Wizardry games in my head that they had some missing stuff (PlaySpy, missing hint books and the manual from The Ultimate Wizardry Archives). To my delight, all is here :)
mrkgnao: Just in case anyone cares...
It's one of the things I find interesting about the MaGog updates.
coffeecup: I was just skimming through my backup and had that in my mind after comparing my original discs with the GOG version, but I'll go through once more more thoroughly. Should not be an offensive, I originally had the Larry, Might & Magic and Wizardry games in my head that they had some missing stuff (PlaySpy, missing hint books and the manual from The Ultimate Wizardry Archives). To my delight, all is here :)
So no "missing content" alarm then? :)
mrkgnao: Just in case anyone cares...
Gydion: It's one of the things I find interesting about the MaGog updates.
Thank you. I needed to hear that. I never know if anybody is reading this. I shall persevere.

P.S. Most recent find: the "patched to version" information is gone from the game page for all games.