It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Windows installer of Pool of Radiance is corrupted. Do not replace your backups yet.
Grargar: The Windows installer of Pool of Radiance is corrupted. Do not replace your backups yet.
I had a similar experience with Wing Commander (1). Installing the game via Galaxy works, though.
Grargar: The Windows installer of Pool of Radiance is corrupted. Do not replace your backups yet.
Nergal01: I had a similar experience with Wing Commander (1). Installing the game via Galaxy works, though.
What if you don't use Galaxy? I think I'll hang on updating my games until I know the offline installers work OK.
Pajama: What if you don't use Galaxy? I think I'll hang on updating my games until I know the offline installers work OK.
So I downloaded all the new installers yesterday. I tried some of them out, and when I try to execute the offline installer for Wing Commander (1), Windows tells me that the file is defective and recommends me to get another copy. Which didn't help. I tried redownloading the file manually and via Galaxy's backup option. Same result. Installing the game via Galaxy worked, though.

After that, I tested some of the other installers (Wing Commander II, Wing Commander: Privateer and Ultima VI), which worked just fine.

One thing I noticed: when you select the "launch" option once the installation process is complete, Galaxy will be launched if it wasn't active. If you simply close down the installer and then launch the game via the desktop shortcut, Galaxy will NOT be launched.

EDIT: This issue has been fixed!
Post edited March 22, 2019 by Nergal01
Nergal01: So I downloaded all the new installers yesterday. I tried some of them out, and when I try to execute the offline installer for Wing Commander (1), Windows tells me that the file is defective and recommends me to get another copy. Which didn't help. I tried redownloading the file manually and via Galaxy's backup option. Same result. Installing the game via Galaxy worked, though.

After that, I tested some of the other installers (Wing Commander II, Wing Commander: Privateer and Ultima VI), which worked just fine.

One thing I noticed: when you select the "launch" option once the installation process is complete, Galaxy will be launched if it wasn't active. If you simply close down the installer and then launch the game via the desktop shortcut, Galaxy will NOT be launched.
Thanks for the info :) So it seems that some games are broken if not using Galaxy. The question now is finding out which ones work for those of us who do not have Galaxy installed.
Also there are some Changelogs for Might & Magic games, they are just not highlighted:

Might & Magic - Swords of Xeen
Might & Magic - Secret of the Inner Sanctum
Might & Magic II - Gates to Another World
Might & Magic III - Isles of Terra
Might & Magic IV-V - World of Xeen
Post edited March 22, 2019 by Smoove17
Smoove17: Might & Magic - Swords of Xeen
That's because those games are unbundled and thanks to a years-old-bug, will never receive an update notification (likewise for the Ultima bundles).
Post edited March 22, 2019 by Grargar
Smoove17: Might & Magic - Swords of Xeen
Grargar: That's because those games are unbundled and thanks to a years-old-bug, will never receive an update notificiation (likewise for the Ultima bundles).
Yeah, already thought it might be related to the bundle.

Also bundledgames sometimes just don't have pictures on my games list in Galaxy. The name is there, just no picture. Click on it and it appears. Only happened to bundled titles.
Nergal01: One thing I noticed: when you select the "launch" option once the installation process is complete, Galaxy will be launched if it wasn't active. If you simply close down the installer and then launch the game via the desktop shortcut, Galaxy will NOT be launched.
This behavior is nothing new and intended whenever Galaxy is installed on the system.
Ugh a lot of my Dos games aren't working thanks to this new update. I keep getting some SDL error. Should I just reinstall these games or what?
I play Master of Magic. Apparently the new icloud update installed but now when I click on play, it just tells me that my update has synched and it won't play. Any suggesttions? Can I "un-update?"
Post edited March 22, 2019 by suealtman
suealtman: I play Master of Magic. Apparently the new icloud update installed but now when I click on play, it just tells me that my update has synched and it won't play. Any suggesttions? Can I "un-update?"
If you use Galaxy you can in fact "un-update" by doing a rollback to the prvious release.
More-> Settings -> chose game version you want to use. You will have to deactivate auto update for the game before being able to do so by unchecking the checkbox on same page.
Post edited March 22, 2019 by MarkoH01
I received a flag for Foxtail. No changelog.
DanielHamby: Ugh a lot of my Dos games aren't working thanks to this new update. I keep getting some SDL error. Should I just reinstall these games or what?
This happened to me, too. Same error. SDL.DLL and SDL_NET.DLL.

I tried using Galaxy to roll back but no luck. Does this mean all DOSBOX games are broken?
Post edited March 22, 2019 by gudbuytjane
DanielHamby: Ugh a lot of my Dos games aren't working thanks to this new update. I keep getting some SDL error. Should I just reinstall these games or what?
gudbuytjane: This happened to me, too. Same error. SDL.DLL and SDL_NET.DLL.

I tried using Galaxy to roll back but no luck. Does this mean all DOSBOX games are broken?
Does not seem to occur for everyone. I still run WIn7 and had no problems running
Bio Menace
Constructor
Dragonsphere
Jill of the Jungle
One Unit Whole Blood
Rayman Forever
Shadow of the Comet
Stargunner

All just updated DOS games.