It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

lenskip: setup_hand_of_fate_2_1.3.6_(20163).exe is corrupted. downloaded three times. anyone else can confirm? looks like issue on GOG's end.
JudasIscariot: Hi,

This should be fixed now :)
Lucian_Galca: A bunch of Sierra adventure games just updated and switched from using DOSBox to ScummVM.
JudasIscariot: Yes, and all of the King's Quest games that now use ScummVM should now be fully playable without any weird game-breaking issues :) If anyone runs into any issues, please let us know :)
The Galaxy auto update broke my Space Quest 1 install because instead of removing the DOSBox version it tried to install the ScummVM version on top of it. Had to reinstall from scratch. Just a heads up for you guys.
MarkoH01: Just got an update flag for Hollow Knight but the recent windows update already was there a few days ago. I guess it's Linux now?
Yep. The download page now shows version 1.3.1.5 for Linux.
lenskip: setup_hand_of_fate_2_1.3.6_(20163).exe is corrupted. downloaded three times. anyone else can confirm? looks like issue on GOG's end.

Lucian_Galca: A bunch of Sierra adventure games just updated and switched from using DOSBox to ScummVM.
JudasIscariot: Yes, and all of the King's Quest games that now use ScummVM should now be fully playable without any weird game-breaking issues :) If anyone runs into any issues, please let us know :)
WinterSnowfall: Hmmm... ok. But it should not be a guessing game - they are not marked in any way, just listed from installer 1 to 4. How do I know which is which?
JudasIscariot: This issue should be fixed by now :)
Forum ate my reply so i'm gonna try again...

The Galaxy auto update installed the ScummVM version of Space Quest 1 over top of the DOSBox version I already had installed rather removing the DOSBox version first which broke the install. Had to reinstall from scratch to fix it. Just a heads up for you guys.

Yes, and all of the King's Quest games that now use ScummVM should now be fully playable without any weird game-breaking issues :) If anyone runs into any issues, please let us know :)

This issue should be fixed by now :)
Lucian_Galca: Forum ate my reply so i'm gonna try again...

The Galaxy auto update installed the ScummVM version of Space Quest 1 over top of the DOSBox version I already had installed rather removing the DOSBox version first which broke the install. Had to reinstall from scratch to fix it. Just a heads up for you guys.
Did you use the rollback feature? We mentioned this in the changelog :)
Lucian_Galca: Forum ate my reply so i'm gonna try again...

JudasIscariot: Did you use the rollback feature? We mentioned this in the changelog :)
I didn't have any games saved as I hadn't really started playing, i'm talking about the game not working at all. After the update and trying to start, ScummVM says it can't find the game. A brand new reinstall was an easier fix. Basically Galaxy installed ScummVM and left the DOSBox version installed which broke it.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by Lucian_Galca
JudasIscariot: Did you use the rollback feature? We mentioned this in the changelog :)
Lucian_Galca: I didn't have any games saved as I hadn't really started playing, i'm talking about the game not working at all. After the update and trying to start, ScummVM says it can't find the game. A brand new reinstall was an easier fix. Basically Galaxy installed ScummVM and left the DOSBox version installed which broke it.
Ah OK, I must've misunderstood. In case that happens again, please use the "Verify & repair" function on any game that got updated from DOSBox to ScummVM.
Lucian_Galca: A brand new reinstall was an easier fix.
Verify / repair should also suffice.
I know what's the cause and it should not happen in the next batch. Sorry for that.
Lucian_Galca: A brand new reinstall was an easier fix.
Thiev: Verify / repair should also suffice.
I know what's the cause and it should not happen in the next batch. Sorry for that.
Just tried it with King's Quest 1 and it didn't work.
WinterSnowfall: Hmmm... ok. But it should not be a guessing game - they are not marked in any way, just listed from installer 1 to 4. How do I know which is which?
Thanks, but, well... the main installers are indeed fixed, however I'm still seeing double when I'm looking at the Windows DLCs (and I haven't had any drinks yet :).
Post edited April 23, 2018 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: Thanks, but, well... the main installers are indeed fixed, however I'm still seeing double when I'm looking at the Windows DLCs (and I haven't had any drinks yet :).
You got two for the price of one and you are complaining? ;)
high rated
Here's all the details about the Sierra/Activision games transition from DOSBox to ScummVM:

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· Codename: ICEMAN
· Colonel's Bequest, The
· Conquests of Camelot: The Search for the Grail
· Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood
· Dagger of Amon Ra, The
· Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
· Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
· Hollow Knight
· King's Quest 1+2+3
· King's Quest 4+5+6
· King's Quest 7+8
· Phantasmagoria
· Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh
· Space Quest 1+2+3
· Space Quest 4+5+6
· Torin's Passage

[Part 1 of 3]

Codename: ICEMAN has changed

>>> Features changed *FROM* Single-player *TO* Single-player, Cloud saves

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 31.0 MB *TO* 36.0 MB --- Version has not changed (1.033)

[CHANGELOG ADDED]
Internal Update (23 April 2018)

- [WIN] updated builds with ScummVM 2.0
- enabled Cloud Saves support

NOTICE: saves are now stored in a separate subfolder. If updating an already installed game, it might be necessary to move already existing saves to the game's SAVES subfolder.
(Full changelog)

Colonel's Bequest, The has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 30.0 MB *TO* 35.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.000.046 *TO* 1.0.0.46

[CHANGELOG ADDED]

NOTICE: saves are now stored in a separate subfolder. If updating an already installed game, it might be necessary to move already existing saves to the game's SAVES subfolder.
(Full changelog)

Conquests of Camelot: The Search for the Grail has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 39.0 MB *TO* 45.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.0 *TO* 1.001

[CHANGELOG ADDED]

(Full changelog)

Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 37.0 MB *TO* 44.0 MB --- Version has not changed (1.1)

[CHANGELOG ADDED]

(Full changelog)

Dagger of Amon Ra, The has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 243.0 MB *TO* 271.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.1 (gog-4) *TO* 1.1

[CHANGELOG ADDED]

(Full changelog)

Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* Files removed: Windows installer, English (parts 1-3)

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2) --- Name: setup_gabriel_knight_2_-_the_beast_within_1.1_(20239).exe --- Size: 850.1 KB --- Date: Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:12:40 GMT --- Version: 1.1

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- Name: setup_gabriel_knight_2_-_the_beast_within_1.1_(20239)-1.bin --- Size: 2.7 GB --- Date: Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:12:30 GMT --- Version: 1.1

[CHANGELOG ADDED]
[WIN] Internal Update (23 April 2018)

- replaced DOSBox with ScummVM 2.0

NOTICE: switching to ScummVM will render current saves incompatible. To avoid losing your progress, please finish your current game before updating or use the Galaxy rollback feature to install the previous version and continue using old save files.
(Full changelog)

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_gabriel_knight_2.0.0.16.exe *TO* setup_gabriel_knight_-_sins_of_the_fathers_1.1_(20239).exe --- Size *FROM* 368.4 MB *TO* 406.3 MB --- Date *FROM* Sun 19 Jan 2014 18:31:58 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:11:27 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.1

[CHANGELOG ADDED]

NOTICE: switching to ScummVM will render current saves incompatible. To avoid losing your progress, please finish your current game before updating or use the Galaxy rollback feature to install the previous version and continue using old save files.
(Full changelog)

Hollow Knight has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- Size *FROM* 1.6 GB *TO* 1.1 GB --- Version *FROM* 1.2.2.1 *TO* 1.3.1.5

[NO CHANGELOG]
high rated

[Part 2 of 3]

King's Quest 1+2+3 has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: KQ 1: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_kings_quest_2.1.0.16.exe *TO* setup_kings_quest_2.0f_(20239).exe --- Size *FROM* 14.7 MB *TO* 24.1 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:02:32 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:11:12 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 2.0F

* File changed: KQ 2: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_kings_quest2_2.1.0.18.exe *TO* setup_kings_quest_2_-_romancing_the_throne_2.1_(20239).exe --- Size *FROM* 14.8 MB *TO* 23.8 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:02:26 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:12:05 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 2.1

* File changed: KQ 3: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_kings_quest3_2.1.0.16.exe *TO* setup_kings_quest_3_-_to_heir_is_human_2.14_(20239).exe --- Size *FROM* 14.9 MB *TO* 24.3 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:02:39 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:12:15 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 2.14

[CHANGELOG ADDED FOR KING'S QUEST]
[CHANGELOG ADDED FOR KING'S QUEST 2 - ROMANCING THE THRONE]
[CHANGELOG ADDED FOR KING'S QUEST 3 - TO HEIR IS HUMAN]

(Full changelog)

King's Quest 4+5+6 has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: KQ 4: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_kings_quest4_2.1.0.18.exe *TO* setup_kings_quest_4_-_the_perils_of_rosella_1.0_(20239).exe --- Size *FROM* 19.7 MB *TO* 28.0 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:02:47 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:12:21 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0

* File changed: KQ 5: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_kings_quest5_2.1.0.18.exe *TO* setup_kings_quest_5_-_absence_makes_the_heart_go_yonder_1.000.052_(20239).exe --- Size *FROM* 63.7 MB *TO* 84.6 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:03:11 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:13:23 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.000.052

* File changed: KQ 6: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_kings_quest6_2.1.0.18.exe *TO* setup_kings_quest_6_-_heir_today_gone_tomorrow_1.034_(20239).exe --- Size *FROM* 245.4 MB *TO* 289.2 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:04:55 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:13:29 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.034

[CHANGELOG ADDED FOR KING'S QUEST 4 - THE PERILS OF ROSELLA]
[CHANGELOG ADDED FOR KING'S QUEST 5 - ABSENCE MAKES THE HEART GO YONDER]
[CHANGELOG ADDED FOR KING'S QUEST 6 - HEIR TODAY, GONE TOMORROW]

(Full changelog)

King's Quest 7+8 has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: KQ 7: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_kings_quest7_2.1.0.24.exe *TO* setup_kings_quest_7_-_the_princeless_bride_2.00b_(20239).exe --- Size *FROM* 268.9 MB *TO* 333.7 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:06:44 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:13:50 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 2.00b

[CHANGELOG ADDED FOR KING'S QUEST 7 - THE PRINCELESS BRIDE]

(Full changelog)

Phantasmagoria has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2) --- Name: setup_phantasmagoria_1.0_(20239).exe --- Size: 873.7 KB --- Date: Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:14:56 GMT --- Version: 1.0

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- Name: setup_phantasmagoria_1.0_(20239)-1.bin --- Size: 1.8 GB --- Date: Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:14:47 GMT --- Version: 1.0

[CHANGELOG ADDED]

(Full changelog)
high rated

[Part 3 of 3]

Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2) --- Name: setup_phantasmagoria_2_-_a_puzzle_of_flesh_1.0.06_(20239).exe --- Size: 858.3 KB --- Date: Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:15:51 GMT --- Version: 1.0.06

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- Name: setup_phantasmagoria_2_-_a_puzzle_of_flesh_1.0.06_(20239)-1.bin --- Size: 1.8 GB --- Date: Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:15:43 GMT --- Version: 1.0.06

[CHANGELOG ADDED]

(Full changelog)

Space Quest 1+2+3 has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Space Quest 1: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_space_quest_2.1.0.16.exe *TO* setup_space_quest_1_-_the_sarien_encounter_2.2_(20240).exe --- Size *FROM* 17.0 MB *TO* 22.8 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:37:21 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:14:47 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 2.2

* File changed: Space Quest 2: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_space_quest2_2.1.0.16.exe *TO* setup_space_quest_2_-_vohauls_revenge_2.0f_(20240).exe --- Size *FROM* 21.2 MB *TO* 26.9 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:37:24 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:15:55 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 2.0F

* File changed: Space Quest 3: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_space_quest3_2.1.0.17.exe *TO* setup_space_quest_3_-_the_pirates_of_pestulon_1.018_(20240).exe --- Size *FROM* 19.7 MB *TO* 25.1 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:37:27 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:15:57 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.018

[CHANGELOG ADDED FOR SPACE QUEST 1 - THE SARIEN ENCOUNTER]
[CHANGELOG ADDED FOR SPACE QUEST 2 - VOHAUL'S REVENGE]
[CHANGELOG ADDED FOR SPACE QUEST 3 - THE PIRATES OF PESTULON]

(Full changelog)

Space Quest 4+5+6 has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Space Quest 4: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_space_quest4_2.1.0.15.exe *TO* setup_space_quest_4_-_roger_wilco_and_the_time_rippers_1.0_(20240).exe --- Size *FROM* 79.5 MB *TO* 108.2 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:38:01 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:16:32 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0

* File changed: Space Quest 5: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_space_quest5_2.1.0.15.exe *TO* setup_space_quest_5_-_the_next_mutation_1.04_(20240).exe --- Size *FROM* 24.7 MB *TO* 33.2 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:37:28 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:17:10 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.04

* File changed: Space Quest 6: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_space_quest6_2.1.0.14.exe *TO* setup_space_quest_6_-_roger_wilco_in_the_spinal_frontier_1.0_(20240).exe --- Size *FROM* 441.2 MB *TO* 513.1 MB --- Date *FROM* Thu 26 Feb 2015 15:41:04 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:17:29 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0

[CHANGELOG ADDED FOR SPACE QUEST 4 - ROGER WILCO AND THE TIME RIPPERS]
[CHANGELOG ADDED FOR SPACE QUEST 5 - THE NEXT MUTATION]
[CHANGELOG ADDED FOR SPACE QUEST 6 - ROGER WILCO IN THE SPINAL FRONTIER]

(Full changelog)

Torin's Passage has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_torins_passage_2.0.0.7.exe *TO* setup_torins_passage_1.0_(20240).exe --- Size *FROM* 240.4 MB *TO* 283.0 MB --- Date *FROM* Sun 19 Jan 2014 19:36:55 GMT *TO* Mon 23 Apr 2018 13:18:20 GMT --- Version *FROM* [empty] *TO* 1.0

[CHANGELOG ADDED]

(Full changelog)
Nifty. I want to believe this + the fact Activision releases have been relatively recent is foreshadowing http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Shivers showing up (for those votes to be completed). Ideally Shivers 2 will also be made compatible somehow.
high rated
The following offline installers have been updated:
-> Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA to version gog-2 hotfix
-> For The King to version 1.0.7744