It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

eiii: The Linux installer for X3: Terran War Pack has been updated, probably on May 23th, but I do not see a message about that file update in muntdefems posts.
It's there, I assure you: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post16395

It also got added in the X series forum changelog: https://www.gog.com/forum/x_series/changelog/post7

As for muntdefems' posts, I would not worry. Watchful eyes are eagerly seeking anything he might miss, watching for any slight misstep, ready to pounce at the first sign of omission.

Edit: I had a look over what the APIs have to say (macOS only, since Linux is not supported by Galaxy), and it turns out the APIs don't even know of a 3.3 macOS build for X3: TWP! See for yourself. Hats off to MaGog for seeing beyond the glitch.
Post edited May 31, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
eiii: That's what I think too and that's why I miss the file update from the MaGog log. MaGog should have detected the new Linux installer. It's not about this update, but about the risk to miss other updated files too.
Let's see:

· The Windows and Linux versions of X3: Terran War Pack were updated to v3.3 on the 25th of April.

· mrkgnao doesn't own that game, so MaGog only has partial information about its installers. Unfortunately, file names are part of this unavailable info.

· On the other hand, I can see the download link, and in that particular update the link for the English Linux installer changed from https://.../en3installer4 to https://.../en3installer5, so my guess is that the latest file mentioned by kbnrylaec is the one I reported one month ago. Dunno why it's marked as updated on 23 May, though (where does that timestamp come from, by the way?)
eiii: [...] No, it's about the fear that MaGog or muntdefems scripts miss updated files and fail to announce them.

The Linux installer for X3: Terran War Pack has been updated, probably on May 23th, but I do not see a message about that file update in muntdefems posts.
What WinterSnowfall said in post #16448.
eiii: The Linux installer for X3: Terran War Pack has been updated, probably on May 23th, but I do not see a message about that file update in muntdefems posts.
WinterSnowfall: It's there, I assure you: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post16395
Yes, the update itself is there, but it does not contain all updated files. It reports the updated MacOS installer, but not the updated Linux installer.

muntdefems: · The Windows and Linux versions of X3: Terran War Pack were updated to v3.3 on the 25th of April.
Yes, but my posts are about the update for the "Patch 3.3 hotfix" on May 23rd, not about the update for "Patch 3.3" on April 25th.

muntdefems: · mrkgnao doesn't own that game, so MaGog only has partial information about its installers. Unfortunately, file names are part of this unavailable info.
I knew that MaGog can only detect file changes for games which mrkgnao owns. But apparently MaGog still can detect file changes for games which mrkgnao does not own, at least partially. That's the point I failed to understand. Maybe MaGog detects these changes through the Galaxy API. And that may be the reason why the updated MacOS installer has been reported, but not the updated Linux installer, as Galaxy does not support Linux. So apparently, because of the limits of GOG's API, we might miss updates of Linux files for games which mrkgnao does not own.

muntdefems: · On the other hand, I can see the download link, and in that particular update the link for the English Linux installer changed from https://.../en3installer4 to https://.../en3installer5, so my guess is that the latest file mentioned by kbnrylaec is the one I reported one month ago.
No, the file which you have reported one month ago was the update of the Linux installer to "Patch 3.3" (probably en3installer4), not the update to "Patch 3.3 hotfix".

The Linux installer has been updated twice:
- Patch 3.3: gog_x3_terran_war_pack_2.3.0.4.sh on April 25th (en3installer4?)
- Patch 3.3 hotfix: gog_x3_terran_war_pack_2.4.0.5.sh on May 23rd (en3installer5?)

The part which I still do not understand is why MaGog has reported the update of the Linux installer for "Patch 3.3", but not the update for "Patch 3.3 hotfix".
Post edited May 31, 2017 by eiii
muntdefems: · On the other hand, I can see the download link, and in that particular update the link for the English Linux installer changed from https://.../en3installer4 to https://.../en3installer5, so my guess is that the latest file mentioned by kbnrylaec is the one I reported one month ago. Dunno why it's marked as updated on 23 May, though (where does that timestamp come from, by the way?)
I use wget with cookie to download GOG files.
wget will keep the original timestamp of upsteam files.
eiii: No, the file which you have reported one month ago was the update of the Linux installer to "Patch 3.3" (probably en3installer4), not the update to "Patch 3.3 hotfix".

- Patch 3.3 hotfix: gog_x3_terran_war_pack_2.4.0.5.sh on May 23rd (en3installer5?)

The part which I still do not understand is why MaGog has reported the update of the Linux installer for "Patch 3.3", but not the update for "Patch 3.3 hotfix".
because GOG failed to properly update the version entry in the API. It still says '3.3'. File a bug :p
You will only detect the change if you actually download the file and see the changed filename.
(I'm not sure that the changed 'id' field alone ist all that helpful / reliable )

it would be much better if GOG provided filename + md5 checksum in the API information, that would allow to detect these "silent" updates reliably.
high rated
muntdefems: · On the other hand, I can see the download link, and in that particular update the link for the English Linux installer changed from https://.../en3installer4 to https://.../en3installer5, so my guess is that the latest file mentioned by kbnrylaec is the one I reported one month ago.
eiii: No, the file which you have reported one month ago was the update of the Linux installer to "Patch 3.3" (probably en3installer4), not the update to "Patch 3.3 hotfix".

You're absolutely right. I got it wrong yesterday, I'm sorry. The change from en3installer4 to en3installer5 for the Linux installer did indeed took place on May 23rd. And MaGog did capture that change, so she's not the one to blame.

The reason I didn't report that change is because, as I said yesterday, the download link is the only thing that changed for the Linux installer (file size and version remaining the same), and my script is currently ignoring such changes. I used to think these kind of updates were spurious and that, even though the link changed, the file was still the same. As it seems this is not the case, so I'll modify my script in order to also report these cases from now on. Sorry for the inconvenience and any missed file updates. :S

In fact, I was aware that sometimes the file sizes reported by both APIs (the one providing limited info for all GOG games, and the one providing full info for GOG games that you own) didn't agree, and I'd bet the file size did change after the May 23rd update (can anyone confirm it, please?) but the 'limited API' didn't record it.

Anyway, here's today's update from Legacy MaGog:

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· Cossacks 3

Cossacks 3 has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: Patch 1.5.7.74.5290 [Windows]

* File added: Patch 1.6.0.76.5321 [Windows] --- File size: 24.0 MB --- Version: 12082 -> 12392

* File changed: DLC: Days of Brilliance: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (37.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.5.7.74.5290 *TO* 1.6.0.76.5321

* File changed: DLC: Early Bird DLC: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (8.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.5.7.74.5290 *TO* 1.6.0.76.5321

* File changed: DLC: Guardians of the Highlands: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (21.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.5.7.74.5290 *TO* 1.6.0.76.5321

* File changed: DLC: Path to Grandeur: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (39.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.5.7.74.5290 *TO* 1.6.0.76.5321

* File changed: DLC: Rise to Glory: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (39.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.5.7.74.5290 *TO* 1.6.0.76.5321

* File changed: DLC: Soundtrack: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (4.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.5.4.72.5150 *TO* 1.6.0.76.5321

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2) --- Size has not changed (1.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.5.7.74.5290 *TO* 1.6.0.76.5321

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- Size has not changed (2.0 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.5.7.74.5290 *TO* 1.6.0.76.5321

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.6.0.76.5321 (31 May 2017)

General:

- Nations list in game creation room has been changed and adapts to your resolution.

Balance:

- Officer`s attack speed decreased in a factor of 2.
- Europe - Production time increased from 5s to 12s.
- Russia - Production time increased from 6s to 15s.
- Turkey, Algeria - Production time increased from 4s to 10s.
- Scotland - Production time increased from 6s to 14s.

- Attack upgrades for russian and scottish officers values decreased from 45 to 30.
- Defense upgrades values for russian, ottoman and scottish officers decreased from 10 to 8.

- Production time for officers attack upgrade increased to 46.875s.

- Production time for artillery has been decreased:
--- Cannons - from 120s to 75s
--- Howitzers - from 150s to 94s

- Movement speed for cannon, howitzer and multi-barreled cannon increased by 10-15% approximately.

- Art depo upgrades for all artillery units have been changed. Now, there are 3 upgrades for both production time and cost. These upgrades have higher efficiency and their cost was changed.

- Costs for 3rd, 4th and 5th attack speed upgrades in tower decreased:
--- 3rd upgrade - from 600 gold to 400 gold;
--- 4th upgrade - from 700 gold to 450 gold;
--- 5th upgrade - from 850 gold to 500 gold;

- Spanish and portuguese storehouses build time and cost have been decreased:
--- Build time - from 6.25s to 4.68s;
--- Cost - from 20 wood 50 stone to 20 wood 20 stone ;

Errors:

- Fixed a bug, which allowed to upgrade mines and towers above the limits.

- Fixed a bug, which caused healing upgrade in academy to disappear, in case if academy was captured upgrade process.
(Full changelog)
Post edited May 31, 2017 by muntdefems
muntdefems: In fact, I was aware that sometimes the file sizes reported by both APIs (the one providing limited info for all GOG games, and the one providing full info for GOG games that you own) didn't agree, and I'd bet the file size did change after the May 23rd update (can anyone confirm it, please?) but the 'limited API' didn't record it.
Filesize for gog_x3_terran_war_pack_2.3.0.4.sh is 9'982'134'900 Bytes
Filesize for gog_x3_terran_war_pack_2.4.0.5.sh is 9'982'148'793 Bytes
So the filesize did change.
muntdefems: In fact, I was aware that sometimes the file sizes reported by both APIs (the one providing limited info for all GOG games, and the one providing full info for GOG games that you own) didn't agree, and I'd bet the file size did change after the May 23rd update (can anyone confirm it, please?) but the 'limited API' didn't record it.
iirc the size reported by http://api.gog.com/ is rounded to full megabytes boundaries, even though it is report in bytes.

//edit:
in bytes, not in kilobytes
Post edited May 31, 2017 by immi101
DoctorGOGgles: Filesize for gog_x3_terran_war_pack_2.3.0.4.sh is 9'982'134'900 Bytes
Thanks! :)

immi101: iirc the size reported by http://api.gog.com/ is rounded to full megabytes boundaries, even though it is report in kilobytes.
Nope, both APIs report file sizes in bytes. And it doesn't look like it rounds them to full MBs, as e.g. the aforementioned Linux installer for X3: Terran War Pack has an alleged size of 9,751,756,800 bytes (which incidentally doesn't agree with any of the filesizes reported by Doctor GOGgles :P)
DoctorGOGgles: Filesize for gog_x3_terran_war_pack_2.3.0.4.sh is 9'982'134'900 Bytes
muntdefems: Thanks! :)

immi101: iirc the size reported by http://api.gog.com/ is rounded to full megabytes boundaries, even though it is report in kilobytes.
muntdefems: Nope, both APIs report file sizes in bytes. And it doesn't look like it rounds them to full MBs, as e.g. the aforementioned Linux installer for X3: Terran War Pack has an alleged size of 9,751,756,800 bytes (which incidentally doesn't agree with any of the filesizes reported by Doctor GOGgles :P)
9,751,756,800 / 1024 / 1024 is exactly 9,300
=> rounded
iirc that is always the case (or it was when I last looked)

though in this case the file size is simply wrong it seems. probably forgotten to update along with the version entry
immi101: 9,751,756,800 / 1024 / 1024 is exactly 9,300
=> rounded

though in this case the file size is simply wrong it seems. probably forgotten to update along with the version entry
D'oh! Of course you're right, I feel stupid now... :S
immi101: 9,751,756,800 / 1024 / 1024 is exactly 9,300
=> rounded

muntdefems: D'oh! Of course you're right, I feel stupid now... :S
well, it is neither obvious nor does it make much sense, so it's ok to overlook it ;)
high rated
muntdefems: Anyway, here's today's update from Legacy MaGog:
Factorio also got patched today (Patch 0.15.16)... I guess you'll pick it up in your next update ;).

Patch notes: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48730
Post edited May 31, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
WinterSnowfall: Factorio also got patched today (Patch 0.15.16)... I guess you'll pick it up in your next update ;).
Indeed I did, but that's actually all there is to report from Legacy MaGog's logs:

Games included in this batch:

· Factorio [In Dev]

Factorio [In Dev] has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: Patch Experimental Beta - 0.15.11 [Linux]

* File removed: Patch Experimental Beta - 0.15.11 [Mac OS X]

* File removed: Patch Experimental Beta - 0.15.11 [Windows]

* File added: Patch Experimental Beta - 0.15.16 [Linux] --- File size: 583.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

* File added: Patch Experimental Beta - 0.15.16 [Mac OS X] --- File size: 588.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

* File added: Patch Experimental Beta - 0.15.16 [Windows] --- File size: 603.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 0.15.16 [Experimental build] (31st May 2017)

The full changelog can be viewed at: https://forums.factorio.com/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=f3efb8b0aaca846ab439c0e04006f2b3
(Full changelog)

PS: I've already fixed the script so file updates were (nor, hopefully, will be) missed. :)