It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: There are 3 different editions of Pillars of Eternity, Hero/Champion/Royal, and they're all the same game with differing bonus extras essentially. Very strange that they put out an update only for one of the 3 editions of the game.

GOG: When will the Royal edition of the game get this patch also? Also, I'm curious why all 3 editions aren't getting updated simultaneously as that's confusing for customers. I have the Royal Edition and just checked and the gog-12 version is what shows up in Galaxy for me at the moment.

HTH
mrkgnao: AFAIK, all three editions have been updated (MaGog always lists only the basic edition for any game it reports file changes on --- it doesn't mean that the other editions have not been updated). Try refreshing your account (https://www.gog.com/user/refresh) or whatever the equivalent is in galaxy..
Sadly to refresh the library you need to restart Galaxy. >_<
mrkgnao: AFAIK, all three editions have been updated (MaGog always lists only the basic edition for any game it reports file changes on --- it doesn't mean that the other editions have not been updated). Try refreshing your account (https://www.gog.com/user/refresh) or whatever the equivalent is in galaxy..
omega64: Sadly to refresh the library you need to restart Galaxy. >_<
Why is that a problem?
mrkgnao: Why is that a problem?
It's just stupid. xD
When you buy a new game on Steam it instantly appears in your library and you can install it.
When you buy a game on GOG you need to restart Galaxy and then you can install it.
I got an update flag for Volgarr the Viking:
Patch 1.36c (17 February 2016)

Added alternate palettes for color blind players, accessible via Graphics. This replaces the Triple Buffering option, which is now automatically set based on other settings (like color depth) and available VRAM.
Added a follow-up message to clarify that to skip already-completed Worlds, the player must go left multiple times, once for each World to skip.

Patch 1.36b (17 February 2016)

Fixed incorrectly loading older save data, preventing skipping Worlds until the player had beaten them again with the new save data file.
Volgarr will no longer bonk his head on the posts that ropes are sometimes tied to when jumping from the rope. This confused many players who did not understand that this is what was preventing upwards movement from jumping from the top of a rope and that they needed to jump from lower down.

Patch 1.36 (17 February 2016)

Fixed graphical distortion in World 2-1 when using DX9 renderer on graphics cards with low Guard Band Clipping values.
Fixed graphical corruption when using OpenGL renderer on systems with low-end on-board Intel graphics chipsets.
Fixed crash if go under water while using the '-nosound' command-line option (or have no compatible sound card enabled).
Fixed the spelling of "received".
Added a note on our video monetization policy (i.e. we don't care, go nuts!) as a button in the Settings menu.
Added an option to replace the licensed Sonic Prophecy credits music with just the generic theme song so video creators can use it to avoid the hassle of getting flagged by content ID matching systems like YouTube's (though this option makes the end credits far less awesome...).
Added graphical button icons instead of text names for buttons when game detects the player is using an XInput (360) controller.

Patch 1.35 (17 February 2016)

Added Achievement and Records tracking (just stored on user's hard drive).
Improved the first-time player experience through the first World, without changing how it plays for experienced players.
Fixed a graphical glitch with the sail of the boat when it stops at the end of its journey in World 2-1.

Patch 1.34c (17 February 2016)

Fixed issue where all game sound could be permenantly muted.

Patch 1.34b (17 February 2016)

Fixed issues with multiple monitors and full screen modes on SDL-based versions (Mac/Linux).
Added an option in the Settings menu to let the game keep running when it loses focus (so music keeps playing and it doesn't auto-pause).
Tutorial help strings now display actual assigned key/button names for actions instead of generic terms like "Jump" and "Attack".
Added support for Force Feedback (Rumble) to the SDL controllers module which should enable it for supported devices on Mac/Linux. Windows users with non-360 controllers might also be able to get force feedback now by using the command-line option -controller=2 to switch to SDL mode.
Ah, ok I didn't realize that thanks. I just went and clicked on it in Galaxy again and the page came up as it did before and a few seconds later it magically updated and a new patch to gog-13 showed up along with a new installer as well, so it probably just needed more time to propagate or perhaps my client was using stale cached data and just updated itself.

If you click on Library, then click on it again it forces a reload. Kind of annoying that it does not have F5 or CTRL-R bound to reload like all other web clients though. Even the Steam client honours the F5 reload key. Probably just an oversight they'll get around to eventually though. I ended up not needing to restart Galaxy, the files just eventually did appear on their own as per my last message though. :)
omega64: It's just stupid. xD
When you buy a new game on Steam it instantly appears in your library and you can install it.
When you buy a game on GOG you need to restart Galaxy and then you can install it.
Try clicking on Library, wait for it to load, then click on Library again. The new game should show up.
Post edited February 17, 2016 by skeletonbow
skeletonbow: Ah, ok I didn't realize that thanks. I just went and clicked on it in Galaxy again and the page came up as it did before and a few seconds later it magically updated and a new patch to gog-13 showed up along with a new installer as well, so it probably just needed more time to propagate or perhaps my client was using stale cached data and just updated itself.

skeletonbow: If you click on Library, then click on it again it forces a reload. Kind of annoying that it does not have F5 or CTRL-R bound to reload like all other web clients though. Even the Steam client honours the F5 reload key. Probably just an oversight they'll get around to eventually though. I ended up not needing to restart Galaxy, the files just eventually did appear on their own as per my last message though. :)
omega64: It's just stupid. xD
skeletonbow: Try clicking on Library, wait for it to load, then click on Library again. The new game should show up.
Ah alright I'll try that next time. Thought it was impossible due to F5 not working.
Thank you.
omega64: Ah alright I'll try that next time. Thought it was impossible due to F5 not working.
Thank you.
Yeah, it's fairly counter-intuitive. :) If it doesn't work though, then a restart of the app might be the only way.
Wasteland 2 Director's Cut

Patch 3 (17 February 2016)
*This update adds mod support for Wasteland 2: Director's Cut.
*This mod support update allows for users, among other things, to change and override template and prefab files used in the game.

PS: Galaxy has again tried to download the full game instead of only patching it (patch is 45MB) -_-;
From MaGog's logs for 17 February (part 1 of 2):

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Californium, all_files, Windows installer, English, dl_ver: gog-2 ***TO*** 20160217 (gog-3) (same for all other languages)

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Californium, all_files, Mac OS X installer, English, dl_ver: gog-1 ***TO*** 20160217 (gog-2) (same for all other languages)

NOTE! CHANGED Californium, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1455529924.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 20160217 (17 February 2016)
NOTE! ADD +++ a few miscellaneous bugs fixed.

NOTE! CHANGED Californium, file_size: 335 MB ***TO*** 333 MB

NOTE! Possibly CHANGED FILE Kona: Day One [In Dev], all_files, Windows installer, English

NOTE! CHANGED Kona: Day One [In Dev], file_size: 1.6 GB ***TO*** 1.5 GB

[The link changed; can't say whether the file itself did too, as I do not own this game. Anyhow, no version change and no changelog.]

NOTE! Possibly CHANGED FILE Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas, all_files, Windows installer, English (same for all other languages)

[The link changed; can't say whether the file itself did too, as I do not own this game. Anyhow, no version change and no changelog.]

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Volgarr the Viking, downloadables, Windows installer, English (setup_volgarr_the_viking_2.5.0.7.exe ***TO*** setup_volgarr_the_viking_2.6.0.8.exe; 1.34 (gog-7) ***TO*** 1.36c (gog-8); Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:39:14 GMT ***TO*** Wed, 17 Feb 2016 16:00:03 GMT; 161,630,280 ***TO*** 157,887,160)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Volgarr the Viking, downloadables, Mac OS X installer, English (volgarr_the_viking_2.0.0.3.dmg ***TO*** volgarr_the_viking_2.1.0.9.dmg; 1.034 (gog-3) ***TO*** 1.36c (gog-9); Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:36:21 GMT ***TO*** Wed, 17 Feb 2016 16:01:06 GMT; 173,609,474 ***TO*** 173,165,866)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Volgarr the Viking, downloadables, Linux installer, English (gog_volgarr_the_viking_2.0.0.2.sh ***TO*** gog_volgarr_the_viking_2.1.0.3.sh; ***TO*** 1.36c (gog3); Tue, 04 Aug 2015 15:57:22 GMT ***TO*** Wed, 17 Feb 2016 16:01:13 GMT; 170,470,859 ***TO*** 166,169,095)

NOTE! CHANGED Volgarr the Viking, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1207659623.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.36c (17 February 2016)
NOTE! ADD +++ Added alternate palettes for color blind players, accessible via Graphics.
NOTE! ADD +++ This replaces the Triple Buffering option, which is now automatically set
NOTE! ADD +++ based on other settings (like color depth) and available VRAM.
NOTE! ADD +++ Added a follow-up message to clarify that to skip already-completed Worlds,
NOTE! ADD +++ the player must go left multiple times, once for each World to skip.
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.36b (17 February 2016)
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed incorrectly loading older save data, preventing skipping Worlds until
NOTE! ADD +++ the player had beaten them again with the new save data file.
NOTE! ADD +++ Volgarr will no longer bonk his head on the posts that ropes are sometimes
NOTE! ADD +++ tied to when jumping from the rope. This confused many players who did not
NOTE! ADD +++ understand that this is what was preventing upwards movement from jumping
NOTE! ADD +++ from the top of a rope and that they needed to jump from lower down.
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.36 (17 February 2016)
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed graphical distortion in World 2-1 when using DX9 renderer on graphics
NOTE! ADD +++ cards with low Guard Band Clipping values.
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed graphical corruption when using OpenGL renderer on systems with low-end
NOTE! ADD +++ on-board Intel graphics chipsets.
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed crash if go under water while using the '-nosound' command-line option
NOTE! ADD +++ (or have no compatible sound card enabled).
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed the spelling of "received".
NOTE! ADD +++ Added a note on our video monetization policy (i.e. we don't care, go nuts!)
NOTE! ADD +++ as a button in the Settings menu.
NOTE! ADD +++ Added an option to replace the licensed Sonic Prophecy credits music with
NOTE! ADD +++ just the generic theme song so video creators can use it to avoid the hassle
NOTE! ADD +++ of getting flagged by content ID matching systems like YouTube's (though this
NOTE! ADD +++ option makes the end credits far less awesome...).
NOTE! ADD +++ Added graphical button icons instead of text names for buttons when game
NOTE! ADD +++ detects the player is using an XInput (360) controller.
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.35 (17 February 2016)
NOTE! ADD +++ Added Achievement and Records tracking (just stored on user's hard drive).
NOTE! ADD +++ Improved the first-time player experience through the first World, without
NOTE! ADD +++ changing how it plays for experienced players.
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed a graphical glitch with the sail of the boat when it stops at the end
NOTE! ADD +++ of its journey in World 2-1.
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.34c (17 February 2016)
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed issue where all game sound could be permenantly muted.
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.34b (17 February 2016)
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed issues with multiple monitors and full screen modes on SDL-based
NOTE! ADD +++ versions (Mac/Linux).
NOTE! ADD +++ Added an option in the Settings menu to let the game keep running when
NOTE! ADD +++ it loses focus (so music keeps playing and it doesn't auto-pause).
NOTE! ADD +++ Tutorial help strings now display actual assigned key/button names for
NOTE! ADD +++ actions instead of generic terms like "Jump" and "Attack".
NOTE! ADD +++ Added support for Force Feedback (Rumble) to the SDL controllers module
NOTE! ADD +++ which should enable it for supported devices on Mac/Linux. Windows users
NOTE! ADD +++ with non-360 controllers might also be able to get force feedback now by
NOTE! ADD +++ using the command-line option -controller=2 to switch to SDL mode.

NOTE! CHANGED Volgarr the Viking, file_size: 154 MB ***TO*** 150 MB
From MaGog's logs for 17 February (part 2 of 2):

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Digital Classic Edition, downloadables, Director's Cut: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) (setup_wasteland2_directors_cut_2.2.0.4.exe ***TO*** setup_wasteland2_directors_cut_2.3.0.5.exe; gog-4 ***TO*** gog-5; Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:01:30 GMT ***TO*** Wed, 17 Feb 2016 16:29:28 GMT; 36,544,248 ***TO*** 36,570,408)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Digital Classic Edition, downloadables, Director's Cut: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) (setup_wasteland2_directors_cut_2.2.0.4-1.bin ***TO*** setup_wasteland2_directors_cut_2.3.0.5-1.bin; gog-4 ***TO*** gog-5; Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:10:57 GMT ***TO*** Wed, 17 Feb 2016 16:39:09 GMT; no change in size)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Digital Classic Edition, downloadables, Director's Cut: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) (setup_wasteland2_directors_cut_2.2.0.4-2.bin ***TO*** setup_wasteland2_directors_cut_2.3.0.5-2.bin; gog-4 ***TO*** gog-5; Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:07:59 GMT ***TO*** Wed, 17 Feb 2016 16:35:46 GMT; 2,815,932,789 ***TO*** 2,815,683,389)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Digital Classic Edition, downloadables, Director's Cut: Patch 3 (gog-5) (patch_wasteland2_directors_cut_2.3.0.5.exe; gog-4 -> gog-5; Wed, 17 Feb 2016 16:29:38 GMT; 47,566,752)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Digital Classic Edition, downloadables, Director's Cut: Mac OS X installer, English (wasteland_2_directors_cut_2.2.0.4.dmg ***TO*** wasteland_2_directors_cut_2.3.0.5.dmg; gog-4 ***TO*** gog-5; Tue, 17 Nov 2015 10:16:59 GMT ***TO*** Wed, 17 Feb 2016 16:47:22 GMT; 9,918,293,478 ***TO*** 9,918,240,800)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Digital Classic Edition, downloadables, Director's Cut: Patch 3 (gog-5) [Mac OS X] (patch_wasteland_2_directors_cut_4_5.pkg; gog-4 -> gog-5; Wed, 17 Feb 2016 16:27:28 GMT; 46,740,968)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Digital Classic Edition, downloadables, Director's Cut: Linux installer, English (gog_wasteland_2_director_s_cut_2.2.0.4.sh ***TO*** gog_wasteland_2_director_s_cut_2.3.0.5.sh; gog-4 ***TO*** gog-5; Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:21:13 GMT ***TO*** Wed, 17 Feb 2016 17:30:15 GMT; 9,953,439,795 ***TO*** 9,953,371,965)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Digital Classic Edition, downloadables, Director's Cut: Patch 3 (gog-5) [Linux] (patch_wasteland_2_director_s_cut_2.2.3.5.sh; gog-4 -> gog-5; Wed, 17 Feb 2016 17:02:10 GMT; 41,322,716)

NOTE! CHANGED Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Digital Classic Edition, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1207665713.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 3 (17 February 2016)
NOTE! ADD +++ This update adds mod support for Wasteland 2: Director's Cut.
NOTE! ADD +++ This mod support update allows for users, among other things, to change and override template and prefab files used in the game.

NOTE! CHANGED Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Expansion Pass [Season Pass] [Upcoming] [DLC], features: Single-player ***TO*** Single-player, Achievements, Controller support

NOTE! CHANGED Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Free DLC Program [DLC], features: Single-player ***TO*** Single-player, Achievements, Controller support

NOTE! CHANGED Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Game + Expansion Pass [Season Pass] [Premium], features: Single-player ***TO*** Single-player, Achievements, Controller support

NOTE! CHANGED Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Hearts of Stone [DLC], features: Single-player ***TO*** Single-player, Achievements, Controller support
JudasIscariot: Gotta love those U.S. Constitution-length changelogs :P
You call this Constitution-length? Now you make me curious as to what you would call the 120 pages long changelog for my GalCiv 2 mod. <_<
mrkgnao: [Have you noticed how practically every Fear Equation patch changelog comes with the following sentence "It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games may not be compatible between versions"? I don't think the people at Screwfly understand the concept of a patch...]
I guess the title of the game should be Fear Equation [In Dev].
high rated
mrkgnao: [Have you noticed how practically every Fear Equation patch changelog comes with the following sentence "It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games may not be compatible between versions"? I don't think the people at Screwfly understand the concept of a patch...]
Tannath: I guess the title of the game should be Fear Equation [In Dev].
Hi, Screwfly developer here. Just wanted to nip this in the bud before more incorrect assumptions are made.

I think there's some confusion as to what the word "recommended" means. We always inform players with an update or patch makes a breaking change to saved games. This is simply a disclaimer, nothing more, and will continue to appear on all patch notes.
Post edited February 18, 2016 by LoganBooker
Tannath: I guess the title of the game should be Fear Equation [In Dev].
LoganBooker: Hi, Screwfly developer here. Just wanted to nip this in the bud before more incorrect assumptions are made.

I think there's some confusion as to what the word "recommended" means. We always inform players with an update or patch makes a breaking change to saved games. This is simply a disclaimer, nothing more, and will continue to appear on all patch notes.
I've only had the problem once in earlier builds. Still on the same save now though.
edit: the build in question was the second or third major patch... before GOG/Steam were a thing.
Post edited February 18, 2016 by micktiegs_8
LoganBooker: ...
Thanks for posting. :)

You should ask GOG for orange text (like other devs have been receiving) so you stand out.