It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Grargar: Now, don't put words in my mouth. It's not that I don't find it bad, but that it doesn't personally affect me as I don't have the game.
Fair enough. Perhaps that's a difference between us - I am vocal about things I consider bad, even if they don't personally affect me. ;-)
high rated
HypersomniacLive: I am vocal about things I consider bad, even if they don't personally affect me. ;-)
I, for one, greatly respect you for that.
I hope that every purchaser of Wasteland 2 gives them hell for taking away the soundtrack they rightfully own. At least the MP3 soundtrack is there for now, but its still sad to see.
zaine-h: I hope that every purchaser of Wasteland 2 gives them hell for taking away the soundtrack they rightfully own. At least the MP3 soundtrack is there for now, but its still sad to see.
I'm just glad that, back when it was on Kickstarter, I cancelled my pledge and increased my pledge to The Banner Saga because inXile wouldn't reassure me that the "What (one) platform are you on?" questionnaire had no bearing on what DRM-free downloads I'd have access to. (The last straw was when I started getting "shut up and be happy with whatever you get" responses from other backers when I'd only asked once publicly.)

If this is the way they're behaving, I'll stick with stuff like the Fallout games while I wait for them to exhaust the market and drop it to bargain bin prices.
Post edited October 06, 2014 by ssokolow
Indeed removing the FLAC soundtrack is a cheap move. Even if it wasn't there from the beginning, a FLAC version cost them nothing and the gama isn't cheap either, so trying to milk more money for the whole product doesn't make inXile look good at all.

However I wonder what is taking GOG so long to fix the deluxe version for the one who upgraded to it.
MIK0: Indeed removing the FLAC soundtrack is a cheap move. Even if it wasn't there from the beginning, a FLAC version cost them nothing and the gama isn't cheap either, so trying to milk more money for the whole product doesn't make inXile look good at all.

However I wonder what is taking GOG so long to fix the deluxe version for the one who upgraded to it.
I asked them this question here: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10030

Feel free to join and voice your irritation too.

DyNaer: There's also the possiblity the game didn't sell pretty well so far, but as said Sinistar it's a pretty low move :|
As far as I know, it was selling very well so far. In general I think it's dumb to charge anything extra for FLAC. Just give all formats for the same price. It stinks of the same approach as some paid content in expansion packs in games which was separated on purpose to charge more (aka "DLC").
Post edited October 06, 2014 by shmerl
Just read through these comments about the Wasteland 2 FLAC soundtrack removal and although I'm not affected by this (as I haven't purchased it) I would like to make some comments.

Firstly, in the past when GOG has been asked to remove games they've been up front and told the affected users to give them the chance to download what they purchased. And from the cases I know of (which I'm sure isn't all of them) the games were left on the server for users to download if they had purchased it, but unavailable for those who hadn't bought it. This case of removing the FLAC content seems to have gone against this as there was no notification and the content has been removed from those who had bought it when the FLAC was available.

That brings me to my second comment. Does this break advertising regulations (trades description act kind of thing)? Those who bought it, bought it on the description that it came with FLAC soundtrack. If that has indeed now been taken away, then they didn't really get what they paid for. Sure, for new buyers it now has the correct description, but those who already bought it now don't have what was advertised when they bought it.
high rated
mrkgnao: I, for one, greatly respect you for that.
Thanks, I do what I can.

shmerl: I asked them this question here: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10030

Feel free to join and voice your irritation too.

[...]
Doesn't look like anyone at inXile is bothered, as is evident by another thread on the subject.

If anything can make them respond is giving them grief on Twitter and Facebook.
korell: Firstly, in the past when GOG has been asked to remove games they've been up front and told the affected users to give them the chance to download what they purchased. And from the cases I know of (which I'm sure isn't all of them) the games were left on the server for users to download if they had purchased it, but unavailable for those who hadn't bought it. This case of removing the FLAC content seems to have gone against this as there was no notification and the content has been removed from those who had bought it when the FLAC was available.
I think GOG gives notice *when* they can give notice. If a publisher requests that something be removed immediately, GOG can't say "No, we're not going to do what you ask. We're going to notify all users and give them a few days to download it first. Then we'll remove it." A publisher request is a publisher request. Besides, usually when a game is removed it's because the publisher lost the rights to sell the game. So having GOG put up a notice a few days ahead only increases their final revenue on the game before they can't make any more. In this case inXile apparently removed the content so they could charge more for it elsewhere. It's a different situation.
high rated
And here's the official answer.
HypersomniacLive: And here's the official answer.
So the outcome is that now:
- the composer of the soundtrack took part of the blame. Its careeer is clearly in jeopardy now because who would take him seriously after this? I would like to read is stance on the matter.
- inXile took part of the blame because clearly they knew of the agreement with the composer and didn't bother to communicate that to the backers, during and after the campaign.
- the backers got scammed as the part with less power. They had any reason to believe the would get both mp3 and FLAC version of the soundtrack because there's no additional cost to produce both and not tecnical limitation. To assume it was not this way they should've been told by someone (that didn't bother).

The obvious solution would be for inXile to apologize and give the FLAC version of the soundtrack all the customers (backers and not) out of their pocket.
I want to point out the fact that they missed to be upfront and comunicative in many occasion and clearly they didn't lack the means to accomplish that, so I think it's right to question their behavior.
high rated
MIK0: So the outcome is that now:
- the composer of the soundtrack took part of the blame. Its careeer is clearly in jeopardy now because who would take him seriously after this? I would like to read is stance on the matter.
- inXile took part of the blame because clearly they knew of the agreement with the composer and didn't bother to communicate that to the backers, during and after the campaign.
- the backers got scammed as the part with less power. They had any reason to believe the would get both mp3 and FLAC version of the soundtrack because there's no additional cost to produce both and not tecnical limitation. To assume it was not this way they should've been told by someone (that didn't bother).

The obvious solution would be for inXile to apologize and give the FLAC version of the soundtrack all the customers (backers and not) out of their pocket.
I want to point out the fact that they missed to be upfront and comunicative in many occasion and clearly they didn't lack the means to accomplish that, so I think it's right to question their behavior.
My sentiment exactly. It certainly reflects poorly on all involved parties, including GOG for not being open and transparent about the pull.
HypersomniacLive: And here's the official answer.
That doesn't excuse the screw up to begin with and make it ok to pull it from customers' accounts.

I don't take it lightly when items get pulled out of my account. Especially an item that was "advertised" with the game at the time of purchase.
Post edited October 07, 2014 by JohnnyDollar
high rated
JohnnyDollar: That doesn't excuse the screw up to begin with and make it ok to pull it from customers' accounts.

I don't take it lightly when items get pulled out of my account. Especially an item that was "advertised" with the game at the time of purchase.
You're not the only one, but apparently it's all good now that they've shared the blame with M. Morgan and posted a "Sorry guys!" in their forum. /S