It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

VanishedOne: Did you click on the Prison Architect and Brigador giveaways, by any chance? I vaguely recall they said something about activating the newsletter as a condition of the giveaway, though of course I can no longer check.
kbnrylaec: I did clicked those two giveaway button.
So it is GOG's new way to push its users to subscribe their news letters.
Next time I will unsubscribe their news immediately after I get the free game.
So, problem solved.
It has been impossible to see any replies on the forums now for weeks on end. Instead I just get the gogbear page with no writing on it whatsoever, no indication of what is wrong. I get the impression that the forums are just plain broken and GOG doesn't give the slightest shit about it right now because they've got bigger fish to fry and are swamped with virtually every type of workload imaginable.

If only their parent company would do something crazy like make a video game or something that sells millions of copies and makes them a half a billion dollars, maybe they could afford to hire new developers, system administrators, support technicians.

The forums are basically only useful for reading things or writing things you don't want or care about replies for right now. What a shame. I can only imagine that there are so few people using the forums overall compared to the total number of accounts and/or active users of the service, that the forums get the lowest possible priority imaginable.

They might as well just retire the forums entirely and build some new replacement for them inside of Galaxy client. Kappa

#JustSaying #FixYerShitAlready
skeletonbow: It has been impossible to see any replies on the forums now for weeks on end. Instead I just get the gogbear page with no writing on it whatsoever, no indication of what is wrong. I get the impression that the forums are just plain broken and GOG doesn't give the slightest shit about it right now because they've got bigger fish to fry and are swamped with virtually every type of workload imaginable.

If only their parent company would do something crazy like make a video game or something that sells millions of copies and makes them a half a billion dollars, maybe they could afford to hire new developers, system administrators, support technicians.

The forums are basically only useful for reading things or writing things you don't want or care about replies for right now. What a shame. I can only imagine that there are so few people using the forums overall compared to the total number of accounts and/or active users of the service, that the forums get the lowest possible priority imaginable.

They might as well just retire the forums entirely and build some new replacement for them inside of Galaxy client. Kappa

#JustSaying #FixYerShitAlready
I don't know about your gogbear problem, I haven't seen the gogbear when looking at forum posts in ages.

However, I do suspect that any gog employee who shows any kind of competence gets snagged up by CDPR (is that the right acronym?).
drrhodes: I don't know about your gogbear problem, I haven't seen the gogbear when looking at forum posts in ages.

However, I do suspect that any gog employee who shows any kind of competence gets snagged up by CDPR (is that the right acronym?).
I encountered the problem on night of 30 Dec, 2020.
The whole GOG websites were broken, including the forum.
It cost me several hours to edit a simple post.
drrhodes: I don't know about your gogbear problem, I haven't seen the gogbear when looking at forum posts in ages.

kbnrylaec: I encountered the problem on night of 30 Dec, 2020.
The whole GOG websites were broken, including the forum.
It cost me several hours to edit a simple post.
That was just because of the Metro 2033 freebie, when that hit servers were clobbered for a while.
A month has passed, and the redeem page is still utterly broken for me.
For me AND any who doesn't use the Blink browser engine.
skeletonbow: They might as well just retire the forums entirely and build some new replacement for them inside of Galaxy client.
Don't give them ideas. Yes, you have to track your posts yourself, the posting window does not close after posting and has to be killed manually, posting multiple links is broken and probably a lot of other things are broken too. But the forums are still the best what has been left on GOG, even in the current state.

dtgreene: What I *do* have a problem with, however, is that they're ugly HTML (no whitespace to make it readable) with no plain text alternative, and the program I use to read that (old) e-mail account doesn't do HTML.
Exactly that! But when you look at their "emails" with all the personalized tracking URLs then you know why they send them as web pages only.
Post edited January 04, 2021 by eiii
eiii: the posting window does not close after posting and has to be killed manually
Hm? That doesn't happen for me.
eiii: posting multiple links is broken
Need to put the links between quotes, url="link"
eiii: the posting window does not close after posting and has to be killed manually
Cavalary: Hm? That doesn't happen for me.
Happens to me since a few weeks. It might be triggered by me blocking GOG from running Google, Facebook and Twitter scripts. But I don't know what has changed as it was working before even with that blocking.

Cavalary: Need to put the links between quotes, url="link"
Interesting. I know you can use spaces to circumvent that bug. But quotes seem to be a better workaround. Thanks!
Post edited January 05, 2021 by eiii
eiii: Happens to me since a few weeks. It might be triggered by me blocking GOG from running Google, Facebook and Twitter scripts. But I don't know what has changed as it was working before even with that blocking.
Shouldn't have anything to do with that. Seems like the posting functions are in this script. Seeing plain window.close commands there, after a delay.
No wonder I couldn't find this thread, nobody posted here for a while.
People stopped noticing or caring that stuff doesn't work like it should. xD

Anyway, I posted over here about activity feed screenshots are not working.
BranjoHello: No wonder I couldn't find this thread, nobody posted here for a while.
People stopped noticing or caring that stuff doesn't work like it should. xD

Anyway, I posted over here about activity feed screenshots are not working.
Well, it is a thread for things that just broke, not what's been broken for a while...

And there are screenshots in the activity feed? Never noticed...
Not that I look there for anything anyway.
Adding an item into my basket let the number in the basket go from "0" to "0" (now green) - reloading the page corrercts this. Also, marked replies in the forum are often not unmarked even after looking at them.
I've been getting poorly-framed, unscrollable search results dropdowns when searching via the nav bar in Firefox for at least the last several days. (By poorly-framed, I mean that the price boxes are shifted slightly rightward, with the edge just getting clipped off at the end of the panel.) This only seems to happen when there are enough results that it should be scrollable; otherwise, everthing's aligned normally.
Anyone else getting this?

Edited to fix typo
Post edited April 10, 2021 by HunchBluntley
I suppose I might as well also mention that I've gotten the "never-ending forum reply notification dot" bug for the second time in about a month just now. The previous time, it seems to have been related to the deletion of some thread I had posted in long before, but this time, that doesn't seem to have occurred, so who knows what summoned the bug.