It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

shmerl: I see. Too bad then. I was under the impression that it's broken and GOG are working on it. Comes out they think it's good to notify about social noise, but not about updates to games.
I agree, it's an absolute nonsense. One notification for chat related stuff, separate notification for forum replies, and if you want info about game updates you have to specifically check your library. However, at the time it was a small miracle they could bring a completely broken notification system back to life.
Post edited April 25, 2019 by InkPanther
News page got some squint.
Attachments:
newsbug.jpg (51 Kb)
erbello: News page got some squint.
And a strange "new game":
https://www.gog.com/game/battle_brothers_support_the_developers_nordic_banner
high rated
The last few days, I've seen numerous game pages loading incorrectly, especially the languages and game features sections (see images). It's not affecting any specific pages, but may intermittently affect any (I just reload the same page several times and it's likely to appear at some point).
Attachments:
lang.jpg (28 Kb)
features.jpg (26 Kb)
Post edited May 21, 2019 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: The last few days, I've seen numerous game pages loading incorrectly, especially the languages and game features sections (see images). It's not affecting any specific pages, but may intermittently affect any (I just reload the same page several times and it's likely to appear at some point).
Also seen here!
If there are a lot of different localizations - screen needs to be scrolled several pages
Problem seen in Firefox and also rechecked in Internet exploder

example saints row iv: https://www.gog.com/game/saints_row_iv_game_of_the_century_edition
Post edited May 21, 2019 by mcleodone
high rated
mrkgnao: The last few days, I've seen numerous game pages loading incorrectly, especially the languages and game features sections (see images). It's not affecting any specific pages, but may intermittently affect any (I just reload the same page several times and it's likely to appear at some point).
I got this one too today, but only with cookies disallowed. After I allow them, page usually (re)loads correctly, and if not, a page refresh does the trick.

EDIT: I'm taking back the bit about the cookies making a difference, seems to have been a coincidence. I'm now getting that while logged in, and refreshing the page doesn't fix things. Console mentions:

This site appears to use a scroll-linked positioning effect. This may not work well with asynchronous panning; see https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Performance/ScrollLinkedEffects for further details and to join the discussion on related tools and features!
EDIT2: Opening the same page in a different tab seems to be a workaround.
Post edited May 23, 2019 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
HypersomniacLive: I got this one too today, but only with cookies disallowed. After I allow them, page usually (re)loads correctly, and if not, a page refresh does the trick.

EDIT: I'm taking back the bit about the cookies making a difference, seems to have been a coincidence. I'm now getting that while logged in, and refreshing the page doesn't fix things. Console mentions:
It's fairly random. Basically, some fields on the game page (release date, languages, game features) are loaded independently from the main game text, so if they are significantly delayed for some reason (e.g. because GOG reduced the website traffic bandwidth to offer more bandwidth for the beta testing of version 2.0 of some app (just a wild guess)), the page may end up loading them incorrectly (or not at all). From MaGog's logs there is about 30% chance of this happening for any given game page, which explains why one or two reloads usually fix it.
high rated
mrkgnao: It's fairly random. Basically, some fields on the game page (release date, languages, game features) are loaded independently from the main game text, so if they are significantly delayed for some reason [...] the page may end up loading them incorrectly (or not at all). From MaGog's logs there is about 30% chance of this happening for any given game page, which explains why one or two reloads usually fix it.
Fairly random, indeed. And as I found out later on, even a couple of reloads or opening the page in a new tab instead don't always fix it.

mrkgnao: [...] (e.g. because GOG reduced the website traffic bandwidth to offer more bandwidth for the beta testing of version 2.0 of some app (just a wild guess)), [...]
You, sir, have a very wild imagination - I'm certain that GOG would never prioritise such beta testing. Ever.
Now, when the weekly sale usualy comes, the gog main page is dead.
What elder dragon could do that?

Page Layout Update? Summer Sale? Skyrim?

Edit: False Alarm. All works fine.
Attachments:
Post edited May 27, 2019 by erbello
erbello: Now, when the weekly sale usualy comes, the gog main page is dead.
What elder dragon could do that?

Page Layout Update? Summer Sale? Skyrim?

Edit: False Alarm. All works fine.
I just saw that right now, too. But it turned out I had JavaScript turned off. Oops. So all really is fine.
high rated
After about ten days, this appears to have been resolved.
When I click store page on Galaxy it keeps trying to open Facebook on my browser.
Started with summer sale.

How do I block that kind of cancer?
murkki: When I click store page on Galaxy it keeps trying to open Facebook on my browser.
Started with summer sale.

How do I block that kind of cancer?
See here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogcom_summer_sale_festival_is_live_d714f/post88/?staff=yes
high rated
The “newly purchased games are not marked as owned” bug is back again, as of today (yesterday was still fine).
Trying to buy a new game from the daily flash deal leads to

"Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 192543515

Varnish cache server"

Message at the top of the screen, then a text list all the way down.

Tried to basket a game or two from outside the daily flash deal and sems ok.

Problem with the daily deal? Anyone else?

Edit:"flash deal"
Post edited June 03, 2019 by bonzer